gateraid good or bad? 6 hour power

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by gAY Opinion Fag with a cawk in his throat & bawt, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i think its around 10-16G of Sugar, I drunk it when i played basketball and my coach said its safe unless your going overboard and not exercizing, it seems to get me re-hydrated faster than water does..also i been seeing them 6 hour power commercials i was wondering if anyone tried it, and do you really last that long
    test
  2. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

It's not really that good. I would have half Gatorade and half water. You have to dilute it cause sugar will dehydrate you. Is it safe? LMAO, yeah, unless it has razor blades in it. Is it better for you than water? If you need me to answer that, you need to go eat some glue.
    test
  3. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

i dont drink gatorade, too much like a soft drink IMO. as for the 5-hour energy from what ive heard about other peoples experiences it really does give you a shit load of energy, a lot of people use it when working night shift.
    in all honesty, if you feel you perform better when you drink Gatorade then by all means have some -just use it in moderation. even if its just a placebo effect, better is better.
    test
  4. ppl keep telling me its koolaid with a different name, i never used energy drinks cuz it seems to hypnotic
    i think ima use it for running cuz i can only run 5 minutes then im woreout
    test
  5. LiveFromThe781

5 minutes? i think what you need to improve your running is more running.
    test
  6. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

gatorade powder is better than regular gatorade because it contains dextrose as opposed to sucrose and fructose. If you can find a drink mainly containing maltodextrin, then i would choose that.
    test
  7. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

gatorade is fine to drink during a workout. gatorade is slightly more beneficial than water regarding RPE and weight change during prolonged exercise.
    test
  8. Gorilla Nasty

LMAO, so Gatorade is going to magically make you run better? Hit the weights and run, run, run. Oh yeah, and take in a fair amount of complex carbohydrates before running too.
    test
  9. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

wow@5 minutes of running.

I just finished with a 30 minute cardio session after an hour of lifting.

you serious about the 5 minutes man?
    either your cardiovascular system is super weak...or you aren't pushing yourself hard enough.

do a cross training program on the treadmill and do intervals..10 minutes moderate speed, 5 minutes very fast..10 moderate..5 fast again...until you reach about 30-45 minutes

personally that's why I like the elliptical machine better.....because you don't have to always adjust the speed on the machine you can just go @ your own pace...hop on the elliptical man its easier cuz you aren't taking a constant pounding @ the joints....plus its just more fun IMO.

treadmills just bore me sorry. but if all the other ones are being used then I do running instead haha.

ben always talks about jump roping..that's some good cardio aswell..but swimming is still #1!

gateraid..I only drink it if I have a double shift with literally no sleep (I do landscaping so yea..). just stick to water man..nothing beats it....you can drink as much as you want and not have to worry about anything that's in it...or how many calories you're consuming..and it helps your organs function better.
    test
  10. Ben Official

DONT use the elliptical. thats a chick machine and it will take well over an hour for anyone in shape to get tired
    test
  11. Gorilla Nasty

Oooooh, I hate those things. They say "the motion is so natural" yet I feel so restrained.
    test
  12. LiveFromThe781

theres a lot of people that use the eliptical machine. theres nothing wrong with it, especially if have bad joints/shin splints. which can makie many exercises completely un-"do-able". so whats better, being completely sedentary because of joint problems or atleast dong whatever it is you can do (even if people think its a "chick exercise")?
    test
  13. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

that's why you mix in other stuff before or after it.....I usually go do some ab exercises.

the funny thing is...when people get on the treadmill they get off after about 15-20 minutes..and they are DONE lol..most people..obviously the guys with good cardio keep up longer.

but on the ellliptical you can burn more calories with less strain on your body. the point of cardio is to get the heart pumping...so I don't see what difference it makes if you're running or doing that.

protecting your joints may not be important right now...but wait 10 years from now...why do u think u see older people on it more then young guys???..um cuz they fucked up their joints lol

also..that machine is about how hard you push yourself...you say it takes an hour to get tired...go in there next time and go as hard as you can for 10 minutes str8 on it...I guarantee you will feel the burn...its about how hard you're pushing yourself man...

blah. it doesn't matter to me either way...do what you want. I just know that when I do the elliptical and burn like...350 calories in 30 minutes (I'm not that in shape yet so that's pretty good for me right now) I'm not sore for the next 2-3 days..while if I did that on the treadmill I definately would be..which means faster recovery and more days in the gym.
    test
  14. theres other cardio exercises besides running... and running bores the hell out of me
    30 minutes is over doing it even if you do 30 minutes they say to take breaks like me
    i do 5 in between meals which your suppose to do 10 in between meals..untill you get
    to 30 minutes of running... i know people that just run for 10 minutes a day and thats
    the only thing they do is run and there looking fit.
    test
  15. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

then their diet must be very strict...

to say this plainly...5 minutes of cardio is the "cool down" session on the damn machines...do you really think that's enough??????

you barely get any blood pumping in that amount of time lol. step up the intensity man...that 10 minute crap is probably for obese people or something ahha.

if u only do 5 minutes a day...you better be doing that shit every damn day then...cuz u only burn like..what??...60 calories if that...trust me u need to go longer and I'm pretty sure everyone will agree.

even 3x5 isn't nothing man...and the point is to kind of do it all at once to make the heart work for it for a good 20-25 minutes atleast after u get warmed up..that's when you're gonna actually see results.

trust me...I was on that weak 5 minute shit back in the high school years...5 minutes isn't a damn thing. you're lucky if you burn off like...a slice of bread you ate that day in that amount of time lol
    test
  16. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

also try interval training...when you get worn out just drop down the speed...until you can catch your breath then a lil later pick up the pace again.

really there is nothing to be said...just push yourself more if you actually want to see results down the line.
    test
  17. Lights Out

Lights Out Yo Pops Dont Like Me

after a workout is the only time u should b givin ur body sugars so yeh makes sense that gateraid would be a good choice
    test
  18. Ben Official

dont drink gateraid after your workout, maybe DIRECTLY after it but the only time its going to really have a benefit is during prolonged exercise when your body loses glucose and electrolytes that can be replenished by sports drinks. it provides the most carbs as possible that rapidly digest and get to work. if you injest too many carbs at once it will take awhile for them to take affect and be made into energy stores but sports drinks provide the most that you can have in order to be put right to use.
    test
  19. Macmili

Macmili Thorough

Ben always make shit so easy to understand lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.