Garbage Bin Thread

Discussion in 'Emcee Battle Area' started by D-MONIK, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bar nigga

Bar nigga 314 STL Ancient of daze..

ok i'ma have to explain why my vote is how it is...here go

deth i'm sayin tho, you just be over hookin in...

THAUMATURGIC CIRCLE: A magic circle which has numerous forms including circles more powerful than pentagrams yeah that might be something that rhymes good but if no one will understand what it is...why use it? a magic circle? this is a text battle my dude. we not splitting atoms here..you don't get extra points for finding words that most niggaz never heard of.

but like jai said you dont see niggaz on grindtime explaining they bars PRIOR to the battle

with that said here's my vote
    test
  2. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

I tailor my punches to both my audience AND the venue.I never explain my punches live,but I know that when I say THAUMATURGIC CIRCLE I'm around backpack MCs,and when I say I COCK THEE LLAMA,SNATCH YO SHIT LIKE ALI BABA AND SEND MISSILES TUH VISIT YA TEMPLES LIKE DALI LAMA I'm around street heads and folks who I know WON'T get that THAUMATURGIC CIRCLE reference.

GRIND TIME audiences are the rarest of audiences; knowledgeable hardcore hiphop heads who love quality rap (and know what it is) sooo much that they'd pay to listen to skilled rappers SPIT ACAPELLA.They are the exceptional crowd that we would kill for,but they're about as rare as the pink spotted Dragon-Unicorn...almost the stuff of literally non-credible myth and legend.The rappers on GT don't have to explain jack cuz they attract the crowds that give them that luxury.Same with URL KINGOFTHEDOT,GRIZZLEMANIA etc.

Everyone else? You have to be aware of your audience and rap to them.

The advantage in text is that you can explain all of that with links or a quick expo and thus let each different rapping audience appreciate the strength and skill of the OTHER audience.These two audiences don't cross paths and hang out; they tend to be real clikkish.Backpackers with backpackers,ganxtas with ganxtas,hip-pop Souljah Boi bubblegummers with their squad.

The superior lyricist can AND DOES--imho--weave the strengths of these various factions together into a single verse that ALL READERS AND LISTENERS can acknowledge has real skill and real power.That's what I strive to do.In the process? I spit vocab,and vocab and knowledge has to be broken down sometimes.That's no prob,in fact IT'S A PLUS.It ENHANCES OUR KNOWLEDGE BASE,OUR SKILL LEVEL,AND OUR WEAPONRY.It's something that real lyrical O.G.'s and gods from RAKIM to JAY-Z to CHINO XL to EMINEM to practically everyone on GRINDTIME laments ISN'T DONE ENOUGH IN RAP.So it's odd that I'd be taken to task for it here.

For instance...BAR is a different style with different tastes than me.He thought my last bar in my first verse was my single most powerful bar.I thought that my JESUS' AUTOGRAPH punch probably was,or my ROBBED YA PURSE bar was.But my final bar impacted him differently than it would me.
    test
  3. DethStryque

And I'd go a 3rd round if the judges thought it necessary.
    test
  4. Gen The God

Gen The God The Life or Death Poet

Hell I agree, I'm just sayin some of your expos are overkill. But some lines goin over some ppls' head I can understand where you're coming from tho.
    test
  5. DethStryque

Ahh some of my expos are overkill.That I can grasp.Maybe shorten the expo's and cut the number of expo's down; and put them AFTER my verse instead of before? Is that what you mean?
    test
  6. DethStryque

More votes please...
    test
  7. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

I'll peep this tomorrow. (its nearly 4am here)
    I dropped this reply to remind myself & will edit it with my vote.
    I'm not an experienced judge by any means but am a battle fan so know enough..
    test
  8. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

oh jesus lemme see here.. ima get back to u on votes gotta get my daughter from daycare
    test
  9. Jai-Z

Jai-Z Bangem, Jai

Yea, he actually did lose to Hecktic who was 2-11. I googled "DethStryque" name. Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  10. DethStryque

Each judge did an excellent job of explaining their votes,and I really appreciate that.I'm sure that Jai-z does as well (I'm not attempting to speak for her,I'm just assuming that she does based upon my interpretation of her previous posts). I'm a bit surprised that some people on a site that features GRIND TIME superstars mistake FLIPS for FEEDING.If I misunderstand,someone please enlighten me...but these are the definitions as I understand it:

FEEDING: Feeding is when one lyricist replies to a comment made by another but fails to bring anything original or of significance to that reply.Feeding also occurs as almost low-grade biting...you feed when you take someone's idea (not their bar,their IDEA) and simply apply it in your verse without proper context,power and originality.

FLIPPING: Flipping happens when one lyricist takes a punchline from another lyricist and turns it back on him/her/them,thus robbing the punchline of its power AND ADDING TO THE ATTACK POWER OF THE FLIPPING LYRICIST.Flipping requires creativity,context,skill and IT'S AN ATTACK.It's an art form in and of itself. Here are examples of FLIPS:

Jai-z

I mean going ham on your verse wont wrk, the voterz are an Islamic race

My FLIP

Your FACTS ARE WRONG,PADAWON! ISLAM is a FAITH NOT A RACE ya witless braud!
    The fists I drop makes ya lid jiss pop til you're shiscabobbed INSHALLAH!!

jai-z

your old ass couldnt serve me at The Last Supper, If I was a dinner plate

My Flip
    So this is ya LAST SUPPER you WAKK FUCKER! Ya raps is minor n ya schemes is thru!
    I WON'T SERVE YOU LIKE A DINNER PLATE cuz you're an APPETIZER like FINGER FOOD

The FLIP is a major major weapon in any lyricist's arsenal,and it's incredibly valuable whether in text,track or live rap.I am honestly at a flat out loss as to how anybody could see it otherwise.That's like playing in the NFL and having a dope defense that not only can stop your opponent's greatest offensive weapon but STRIP THE BALL FROM HIM AND SCORE.Who would NOT want that defense? Who could even DARE TO DISS such an OBVIOUSLY GOOD THING? Flips don't strip YOUR offense,they STRIP YOUR OPPONENT'S OFFENSE AND ADD TO YOUR ATTACK POWER.

Feeding,imo,is based upon the bankrupt idea that FLIPS lack creativity or imagination...that the flipping lyricist proves by his/her/their flips that they lack the creativity to generate bars without referring to their opponent's bars.The problem with that is that it's not only NOT true,the people who have that idea have a narrowed idea of creativity; it's like people who love high scoring offense but fail to appreciate the vital necessity of a smothering defense or a lawyer who's good at attacking the other guy but has no ability to counter attacks aimed at him.It's preferring a brawler with no defensive ability but who has madd heart and slugfests over somebody like Sugar Ray Robinson or Muhammad Ali.It's understandable...but very flawed thinking imo.Sugar Ray Robinson beat The Raging Bull 5 of 6 times,and would have beaten him all 6 times had he not been so drained in the 14th round. Ali beat Frazier 2 of 3 times.Sugar Ray Leonard beat Duran and Hagler.Pernell thrashed Julio Cesar Chavez,despite the highway robbery sham of the decision against him. And that's what flips will do for you.

Does anyone have other thoughts on the matter?
    test
  11. D-MONIK

D-MONIK Active Member

didn't read all that but, your whole second verse was a feed/flip of Jai's second and that to me in the text format is kinda played, a few lines maybe but i think someone of your caliber doesn't have to rely on what the other person said ENTIRELY
    test
  12. DethStryque

First,thank you very much for the compliment about my "caliber".Lol.Second,perhaps you can read my post in pieces because I took the time to address that matter in depth.Third,if you actually count the bars that actually contain the flips themselves,they equate to maybe half my verse or very slightly more.To characterize my entire second round as being played because it flips is...strange to me.It's like dissing a defense that strips your opponent's offense of their strongest offensive weapons AND scores for you.Flipping is flipping and is viable in any form imho...but hey to each his own.
    test
  13. Bar nigga

Bar nigga 314 STL Ancient of daze..

cotdayum, deth u be power postin...

str8 up tho stop taking this text battle shit so serious..it seems like any criticism you get you spazz out and get to typin out paragrpahs. you up 2-1, leave it be...
    test
  14. D-MONIK

D-MONIK Active Member

slightly more than half your verse is flips, then thats too much
    test
  15. G Force

G Force Member

I can say 6 things from looking at this battle which is the main bench mark of this below explanataion, that with pretty much every thread i've read.

1 This site is full of talentless children.
    2 Because of number 1, their votes are worthless.
    3 Again, due to number 1 its pointless coing here in the first place if you have been around a while and know whats real because its a waste of time trying to explain/teach to people who show little or in most cases no tallant WHAT SO EVER.
    4. Its due to the above THREE why this site is dead (which you all moan about).
    5. Due to the above FOUR i deffinately won't be wasting my time battling clueless children.
    6. Go back to school.

No personal disrepect intended directly at any individual here, but that is exactly how it is.

Au Revoir!
    test
  16. Jai-Z

Jai-Z Bangem, Jai

devil warshipperz draw death(deth)starz nside a ringz of fire to channel the devilz spirit, those are called pentagramz.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  17. lyricalpriest

OHHHHHH thank you so much jai.. i totally thought it was a star war reference :funny:

my bad for that. nice play for sure.
    test
  18. lyricalpriest

damn G-force is a fag! damn nigga, if u don't give a fuck then why you chiming in? hahahaha
    test
  19. smittyrhythm

smittyrhythm you love 2 hate me

Flipping/feeding is a tactic used in real-time verbal battles preferably involving rounds. For a thread text battle I have never seen any flip, no matter how clever, treated as anything less than a dq. There is too much advantage.
    test
  20. DethStryque

There is no advantage.Both lyricists can flip each other's verses.The only separation would be one borne of skill,of merit,of ability...the things that battles are decided on.I cut my teeth on battle models that combined blind drops,verses without flips AND full on raw dawg battles with flips.This model tends to produce the superior lyricist overall because it forces you to work every area of your game at the same time.Similar to high end MMA guys being able to generally defeat boxers and kickboxers in all out scraps because they have more weapons,or decathletes being the best track athletes in the world,or the highly laudable Renaissance Man being superior to someone skilled in only one area.If you're a "one trick pony" you can't beat a multitalented stallion.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.