Garbage Bin Thread

Discussion in 'Emcee Battle Area' started by D-MONIK, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bar nigga

Bar nigga 314 STL Ancient of daze..

they moved it to the other thread anyways
    test
  2. D-MONIK

D-MONIK Active Member

imo the order should be:

Deth
    Jai

Deth
    Jai

Jai
    Deth
    test
  3. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

Usually I'd agree,but should that be reversed cuz Jai issued the challenge? As a gentleman,however,I tend to let femcees choose the order of battles.And I just read where Jai said she was down only for a 1 rounder with 24 bars...we need this one to go 3 rounds.2 at least.

I'm usually not a fan of 1 rounders because they can foster an artificial appearance of closeness of skill level that succeeding rounds proves is just an illusion; making people think they're better than they are.Multiple rounds establishes your skill or lack thereof without question.But Deth keeps his word; as a gentleman I will accede to the young lady's wish in this matter.

Tomorrow or this weekend is fine with me.But Ladies First with the drop.
    test
  4. Bar nigga

i'ma peep this, and give a detailed vote
    test
  5. DethStryque

Thank you my brutha
    test
  6. Jai-Z

Jai-Z Bangem, Jai

I'll post 1st 2morrow.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  7. Mista FREEZE 2001

Mista FREEZE 2001 Member

*FREEZE being objective*

Seriously I think that if U are going 2 post it should be one round.... If U insist on 3 do it in THREE SEPERATE POSTS! That battle with BAR would have gotten much more love if U guys had changed the format. I got bored trying 2 filter thru the BULLSHIT to find th actual BATTLE THREADS! DON'T DO THAT SHYT AGAIN!
    test
  8. DethStryque

Never fear brutha.Neither Jai nor I specialize in freeposting.
    test
  9. Bar nigga

deth you was freepostin too, dont stunt..

and FREEZE i dont fuck wit the battle area so i didnt know "freepostin" was frowned upon...

now i know.

CARRY ON, TEXT BATTLERS!
    test
  10. Jai-Z

Jai-Z Bangem, Jai

Ur Jesus line was dope and ur Tekken line was funny as fuck! Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  11. Jai-Z

Jai-Z Bangem, Jai

Good luck.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  12. DethStryque

Supper.I'll key up a verse in a minnit...
    test
  13. Jai-Z

Jai-Z Bangem, Jai

Why do you post referencez and pointng out our punchez before your actual verse? Itz kinda not fair to the reader and sorta like swayng.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  14. DethStryque

That's not referencing your punches,what I did was called "FLIPPING". I saw your bar--like your DODGE bar or your PENTAGRAM bar or your LAST SUPPER bar--and turned it back on you.That's a common honorable practice that's essential to REAL battles and is given madd props.Since I use more elevated worplay and punches,I leave EXPLANATIONS (often called "expos"). People may not understand my punch cuz they don't know what a particular word means.This actually HELPS the reader(s),and doesn't sway at all.

"I could take a phrase that's rarely heard...FLIP IT.Now it's a deadly word!"

--RAKIM,"Follow The Leader"
    test
  15. Bar nigga

yeah deth i agree with jai, explaining your bars prior to your verse aint that deal

i'ma vote later on, looks like a good battle
    test
  16. DethStryque

yeah I know you do,but recall even in our battle Bar that heads noted that some of my bars went over their heads.Being aware of that,I simply provide the explanation.That's no more swaying than reading the meaning of a word from a dictionary is swaying. Thanx on the props for the battle; I think it's a interesting battle too.Jai did a good job.
    test
  17. Gen The God

Gen The God The Life or Death Poet

^^^I'ma have to agree, either post your references at after your verse or don't post references at all and let people figure it out for themselves. Part of the game is tailoring your verses to relate to you audience so if your normal bars go over peoples' heads, you gotta make the adjustments to stay competitive.
    test
  18. Jai-Z

Jai-Z Bangem, Jai

Thanx man I appreciate it. Your very good lyricist and competitor. It was fun.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  19. DethStryque

how does the location of placed explanations impact whether you agree or don't agree? Do you think that there is "less" possibility of swaying if the expos are placed at the END of a verse? Why is that? If an explanation is correctly done,it's LITERALLY AN EXPLANATION.You can find these definitions in dictionaries but we all know--be real--most heads won't GOOGLE the words or whatever...and they'll STILL VOTE.In COMPLETE IGNORANCE of the power of some bars that could turn the tide of the battle in your favor had they known what a THAUMATURGIC CIRCLE was,for instance.Very few people know what that is off top,even fewer would GOOGLE it,but it's a hella punch which is very germane to this battle.Thus the explanation.And each expo I give is very obviously appropriate in that sense.

I understand your point about tailoring a verse to your audience but to a degree I honestly disagree.Having had years of experience following the path that you suggested prior to meeting you and thereafter,the bottom line becomes this: if you write within the strict parameters of common knowledge,you get a common knowledge verse in its ultimate essential and both rap and hiphop will suffer early deaths due to insufficient growth and innovation.Let's not forget that my verse is also full of "easier to comprehend" bars and that the elevated bars we're talking about are the minority of the bars I used in the verse; however these bars are as essential as any of the others.Remember,in rap? Our words are LITERALLY our weapons.The more words that you can aptly use and the knowledge that these words impart? The more you literally expand and deepen both your arsenal AND your knowledge base...which contributes DIRECTLY TO CREATIVITY,SKILL,ETC. That's why we can stand in awe at the vocab and sound manipulation skills of a Eminem,a Grafh,a Thesaurus,a Bender,a RAKIM (the G.O.A.T. imho),a Chino XL and many others.They take common AND uncommon words and knowledge and link them together with absolutely UNCOMMON skill.

Again,expos by definition are literally no more swaying than reading the correct definition of a word in a dictionary because that in essence is what explanations are...when done properly.
    test
  20. Jai-Z

Jai-Z Bangem, Jai

Look at like ths Deth. Do you gv an explanation of your punchez b4 your live battlez? Why or why not? If you say NO. Apply that text battlez.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.