Gaming is getting too expensive

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Wrectify1, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tray_Is_Gay

Tray_Is_Gay Sup, Tray?!

third round service, service, service.
    test
  2. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Malo - 4
    Tray - 9

Unless I talk to myself, I've won.
    test
  3. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Were Nintendo games really that expensive?
    test
  4. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

How is the George Foreman grill worthless?

You can cook any kind of food quick on that grill.
    test
  5. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Hahaha, True. You have a point there.
    test
  6. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Yeah. I remember only being able to afford them when the PS2 came out.
    test
  7. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

$80 NES games?

the fuck where did ya'll cop at??

i had MAD nintendo games, definately didnt pay no $80
    test
  8. Tray_Is_Gay

Tray_Is_Gay Sup, Tray?!

how many times do i have to"
    test
  9. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

I'm thinkin they costed $40 tops.
    test
  10. Blocc_Rocc

Blocc_Rocc New Member

Nigga i stopped reading after u said "it's as worthless as a George Foreman grill"...dont u know every black person has a Foreman in the house lol...but yea i agree with your thread topic
    test
  11. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

foreman grills are official
    test
  12. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I aint read none of the thread, but Ill give my input onto the original topic.

Gaming is too exspensive, but its supply and demand. Consumers demand better graphics and various other content that invariably makes games more exspensive to produce, thus raising the prices. Consoles in general are a bit pricey, with alot of shit that the casual gamer will NEVER use, and alot of shit a hardcore gamer will NEVER use.

HOWEVER, I will say this in their defense, it aint like there is a new system every year or two. SONY plans on making the PS3 last a decade, last I heard. Usually there is at least 5 or 6 years between system generations, and the more advanced we get....the wider those gaps become.

So think about it like this. We will say 6 years before PS4. That means if you buy a ps3 right now, your paying 100 dollars a year, which is less than 10 bucks a month for the system. Gaming prices have only gone up ten bucks....but at least with XBOX live, you can play a demo of ANY game before you buy it...so you aint always buying shitty games (like I used to). Also, with all these gaming websites and shit, you can rent almost unlimited games cheaply...so all in all...I still dont think its outrageous.

The thing I think is shitty is the fact that we have all this shit shoved down our throats....HDTV, BLURAY, HDMI and all the other shit like internet browsing on PS3. HDTV aside, we dont need that shit...and that is a MAIN contributing factor in rising console prices. Take away the Blueray and PS3 becomes a 400 dollar machine.

I agree though, gaming HAS always been exspensive in relation to what a dollars worth. Fuck, I think when Pong came out...that was 60 bucks...and that was 70s or 80s money lol.
    Gaming aint too bad for a smart gamer though. Either use those rental services, or limit the games you buy to the cream of the crop, which is what I do. If a game aint getting straight 8.5/10 reviews...I wont even consider buying the shit. A good game might be worth 60 bucks, a shitty one definitely isnt.

Not to mention, gaming is one of the few entertainment hobbies where you can actually trade your games in and get some of your money back, most times it isnt a great amount of money...but never the less...for a game your never playing again...to get something for it...cant bitch about that really. Well, I can...but I prolly shouldnt lol
    test
  13. Matt Hood

Matt Hood New Member

didn't most snes games use to cost about 70? i know for a fact atleast one of the games i own cost 70. it was nba give n go.
    test
  14. jj cool L

jj cool L smell my finger

they have gotten more expensive but they also have been getting more advance...a game system is not only a game system anymore its a dvd player, music player....and possibly a lifestyle

welcome to my world
    test
  15. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

its funny you guys keep saying they are getting more expensive...if anything they have gotten cheaper.......we were paying fucking 50 bucks......for cd's and dvd's......at one point we were paying damn near 70-80 bucks for cartridges....and like dude said above..if it wasnt nes..it was snes.......and with inflation..that means we actually pay LESS for game now then we did before...stop whining....your all wrong...yes its your opinion..but its the WRONG opinion
    test
  16. blade1284

blade1284 New Member

gaming is getting exepensive but its always been like that just back then a 100 dollar n64 was soooo expensive.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.