Gaming is getting too expensive

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Wrectify1, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Is there anyone else who agrees that video gaming is getting way too expensive. I mean...PS3 costs $600 dollars and at this point...it's as worthless as a George Foreman grill. The 360 costs $400 dollars....high price but at least it appears to be doing well. Games that costs in the upwards of $50 dollars again. Remember nintendo games cost like 50 something dollars? I remember when I was young...begging my mom to buy me Mario 3...that game was like 59 dollars. Anyhow..I know I am old school now and I love old games..plus..I miss Mario games. So...I bought me a used Gameboy Advance SP online from amazon.com. Then I got some Mario games from gamefly.com. Most fun ever! I also have Pac-Man, Galaga and Pole Position. So, my gameboy will be my source for retro games...my 360 will be for those high tech mind blowing graphic games. Sweet..! What if the next gen system costs like $1,000. I will seriously give up gaming then. The prices for these systems are getting outrageous. Ha, I remember when I used to think Nintendo was expensive. Feel free to share ur thoughts.
    test
  2. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Gaming has always been expensive...

The only difference is the inflation and the fact we have to pay for this shit now instead of our parents.

There are several reasons consoles like the 360 and PS3 are getting expensive out of reason, and I'm sure this thread will be littered with mounds of crap and stupid excuses.

The bottom line is, if you want next gen now, you have to pay todays prices. It's the same with everything. The only thing that makes consoles stand out, is that people buy them at launch, unlike TVs and PCs etc.
    test
  3. Tray_Is_Gay

Tray_Is_Gay Sup, Tray?!

Not really; new systems have always been super expensive when they first come out. Remember the Playstation and Sega Saturns when they first hit the scene in 95? They were fetching for 300 bones. So it's no surprise that 600$ over ten years later would be a "normal" launch price. PS3 has a LOT of potential, my man. Obviously it's not much now, but when they start cranking games, it's gonna be fire. I mean, it's not like they don't drop the prices. I copped PS2 over a year ago for like 120$. That's a fucking STEAL considering the kick ass library it has! And all the best games are like 19.99-29.99. That's pretty damn good.

And I remember all them N64 game paks....they were all overpriced as hell. All of them had like a 70 dollar average price. Even some old SNES games back in 97 were still being sold for 90$.

The worst was definitely Nintendo with the prices.
    test
  4. Tray_Is_Gay

Tray_Is_Gay Sup, Tray?!

Shut UP you fucking faggot....jesus christ, you're always posting on this godamn forum. get a life ....fucker...or kill yourself. GOd fucking CHRIST i've never seen anyone so starved for attention...it's fucking 8 am and you're the FIRST fucking dooshbag to reply on every fucking thread here.....god KILL Yourself....seriously.
    test
  5. Tray_Is_Gay

Tray_Is_Gay Sup, Tray?!

And STOP editing your posts after you seen MINE, fucking faggot
    test
  6. Look im Gangsta

I owned you. You copied me and it's 4:30pm you cunt.
    test
  7. Kuya

Kuya AKA V-MAX

^your reps are low as fuck its pathetic, son

Anyway dont be such a pussy and cry about 500 dollar video games....there's starvin kids in Africa who aint even got game boy....get real.
    test
  8. Tray_Is_Gay

Tray_Is_Gay Sup, Tray?!

ROFL!

I know right...it's not no fucking 4:30 this little white BITCH lives in fucking Australia or some shit hahahaahahahahhaahhhahah

no wonder herbs a fuckin loner......jahhahaahhahaahahhhahah i dont even feel angry no more that shit make me feel BETTER lol
    test
  9. Look im Gangsta

Hahaha @ you switching names. I can't compete. You win.
    test
  10. V-Max

V-Max ROUND ONE: FIGHT!!!

you didnt own shit....Tray gassed you to reply back.
    test
  11. Tray_Is_Gay

Tray_Is_Gay Sup, Tray?!

It's what I do to little emo kids. too easy.
    test
  12. Look im Gangsta

I'm still winning.

You've used 3 names, given me 5 replies to my 1 name and 2 replies.

I bet I have a bigger penis than you too.
    test
  13. Tray_Is_Gay

Tray_Is_Gay Sup, Tray?!

I said this already.
    test
  14. Tony Blair...

Tony Blair... B.O.T - M.I.A '05

Ratiko would have made Tray look stupid, if Tray wasn't already a bum basher.
    test
  15. Tray_Is_Gay

Tray_Is_Gay Sup, Tray?!

Nice alias. ahahhah and YOU accuse me of changing names...

i love killing british bitches. like illmaculate.
    test
  16. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Why can't there be a decent convo around here without all the immaturity? Fuckin Ridiculous. Some of you have got to be 17+ yrs old...it's seriously time to grow up.
    test
  17. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

I really dont think its expensive at all....Games used to be more expensive on cartridge....nintendo games used to be about 80 bucks......and 80 bucks back then is worth more then 80 bucks now......not to mention games are a lot more complex now and require more dev time......the neo geo was expensive as fuck back in the day...50 dollars more then a 60gb ps3...games were over 200 dollars at points...and your not even factoring inflation...so i def disagree with games being expensive now......
    test
  18. Tray_Is_Gay

Tray_Is_Gay Sup, Tray?!

hence why i said this...

test
  19. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

yes...but you didnt formulate the thought completely....so i had to make a more convincing arguement.....
    test
  20. Look im Gangsta

Faggot, you live 3 doors down from me.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.