Gambling Fantasy UFC 113

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by SeeSon, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

Should I feel bad that Machida is my second favorite fighter, yet I just made BANK off his loss?

I'll let you know once I'm done counting this cash...
    test
  2. Money Mac Sabb

Money Mac Sabb Horse Meat FTW

would've bet on meathead instead of daley, but there was no money in it.
    test
  3. .:Pain:.

^Only fight I knew would happen the way I thought it would was Shogun/Machida.

The rest were toss-ups, but I wanted Daly to win so I bet on him here (not in real life though)...
    test
  4. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

Yeah, the line was like +104 or some shit at my book.

Turns out I did put money on him, like a month ago. Totally forgot. So I didn't win fraudulent money on Daley and somehow failed to bet on Machida when I tried.

The thrill is gone.

Mitrione-Kimbo had the most obvious outcome. Kimbo had no real ways to win. His power's madly overrated. He should have been a dog coming into the fight.
    test
  5. Money Mac Sabb

I knew Shogun had the tools to beat machida, but it's hard to bet on a ko against a guy who barely even gets cut.
    test
  6. .:Pain:.

^May sound gay, but you ever just get an incredibly deep-seeded feelin' about this shit?

Like I said, I wanted to bet on Machida, but I just knew it wouldn't end well for him.

Rua seems like the type of guy that didn't want Machida to think he ever beat him, and he was gonna prove it in the ring.

Like you said, it was obvious to everyone after the first fight that Shogun had the tools.

Also, Shogun was even healthier for this fight than he was for the previous, and Machida was less healthy (at least, recovery from a multitude of injuries which he had never experienced before).

I think Machida was still beat up, both mentally and physically, from the first fight...
    test
  7. Money Mac Sabb

ha, my gut feelings are usually wrong when it comes to fights. Really felt like Gomi was going to get one last ko on florian. Really felt Chuck was goign to get one last ko on rua.

My unbiased breakdowns are normally very good though.

When machida first won the title, I made a list on here of contenders and beside shogun I typed something like "similar to result of thiago silva fight." But after the fight was announced I really took a good look at both men's strenghts and weaknesses and shogun matched up very well. Made a shocking thread declaring Shogun would win. he didn't technically, but most people with eyes agree that he did.

but man, lhw scene is so fucking competitive right now. can you imagine nog-machida, nog-jones, jones-machida? and that's just three guys. I think the lhw title probably isn't finished changing hands.
    test
  8. .:Pain:.

My gut feelings are almost always right, I just tend to rely more on biased hopes than actual fact. I too wanted Gomi to win, but I had that feeling his time was over.
    All I'm hoping for now is that Spider moves up. If that happens, LHW in the UFC might be the single most stacked division in any organization of all time period...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.