Gambling Fantasy Pacman/Clottey

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by SeeSon, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabbath

Sabbath Regicidal

c'mon guys, what was it this time?

sun was in his eyes?
    test
  2. reznick

reznick New Member

My recap of the fight, for the few of you who care:

I think Clottey in the first few rounds, was covering up, and testing his defense abilities against Mannys power.

Clottey probably figured "wow this guy is a machine, ill wait till round three to start putting work in". I think thats the mentality he had. But once round three came along, Manny was just as active.

From then on, I think Clottey was covering up and waiting for that one opening to make that huge punch. The only problem was that Manny was anticipating Clotteys counters. Even though Clottey NEVER ended up throwing a counter, Manny was ALWAYS ready for it. I could see it the way he was constantly measuring distance.

Also, almost EVERY single time Clottey decided to throw some jabs or a combo, Manny would always throw punches at the exact same time. As if to say "Oh no buddy, you bes keep coverin up".

By round 8 in Clotteys mind, it was "I will survive these 12 rounds, if he happens to get open, I will hit him"

Well Manny never got open, and Clottey never went for the big punch. And Clottey, who most likely saw the Hatton fight, decided he would rather end on points, than on his back.

I have never seen someone throw so many punches in a fight than Pacman did. 1200 punches thrown? WOW.
    test
  3. Sabbath

Sabbath Regicidal

I enjoy reading your boxing related posts as well as seeson's and a couple of other people I can't remember here.

How would you breakdown a Pacman-Mayweather fight? I feel Pac could win on points easier than what some would think. Even though Mayweather's hard to hit, 1000 punches from Pacquiao that hit glove count for something. Seems liek the pressure would be on Floyd to finish.
    test
  4. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

I don't think pacqiao will be that active against mayweather but you never know
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  5. reznick

reznick New Member

Thats a real tough fight to call.

Before this fight, I would have told you that I think Mayweather will win. We all know Floyd is not afraid to win on points, and winning on points would most likely be his strategy. Before the Clottey fight, I thought Floyds skills, plus his willingness to win on points was enough to defeat Manny. But after this fight, Manny displayed all the necessary skills to defeat Floyd.

I always said to defeat Mayweather, you need to

A. Back him up on the ropes, and trap him there. And then you must throw combos in which many of the punches land. And the person would have to be able to do this throughout the fight.

or

B. Someone with a LOT of power and speed could catch him with a sharp right straight to put him down. Or in Mannys case, a left.

I think Manny is capable of doing both of those. I think his ridiculous stamina which enables him to give constant pressure would be a huge problem for Floyd.

Both fighters have the best chance of defeating each other. I just hope theyre smart enough to not let the fight slip from their hands.
    test
  6. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Closing this up. Will post results later today.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.