Gambling Fantasy: Kahn vs Malignaggi And StrikeForce

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by SeeSon, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

why will overeem beat rogers? i need help with my picks lol.

don't even know who the boxers are.
    test
  2. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

I can't help with the strikeforce card. They all seem like toss ups to me.

With the boxing. Here is my analysis.

Paulie: He has faster feet, good hand speed. His defense is suspsect though and he has no power.

Khan: Since working with Roach, he is much more sound. He has fast hands, and is good at getting in and out.

I think this fight will be good. I don't think that Paulie should be as big of a dog as he is, but Khan is def the favorite. Paulie doesn't punch hard enough to stop aggressive fighters from coming forward. Paulie's only path to victory will be to out point Khan. He's capable, but its not likely.
    test
  3. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i read khan's chin is suspect.
    test
  4. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

^against a fighter with power, maybe
    test
  5. Money Mac Sabb

Money Mac Sabb Horse Meat FTW

Let me try to break some of these down:

Overeem: Much more experienced striker. Also capable of outgrappling and/or submitting guys, especially when they are as inexperienced as Rogers. Has quite possibly the deadliest one hit ko power in all of MMA. Really his weaknesses are his chin, and he has a tendency to rely on that one hit ko power which sometimes leaves him hurling standing knees. Also suspect cardio, but I wouldn't worry about that in this fight.

Rogers: Really his only strengths are his KO power and his size. Both of those things are really good strengths to have, but the only one I could see potentially giving overeem problems is that ko power. He has improved boxing and overall skills, but again it's basically land a big shot on overeem or he's probably screwed.

Antonio bigfoot silva: Huge, has a good andre the giant chin, decent ground game, and ko power. Slow as hell and suspect cardio. His strategy here should be to impose his will on arlovski, overpower him and look for that big ko shot.

Arlovski: One of the faster heavyweights. Has technical superiority striking, and SHOULD look to expose the slowness of bigfoot by using footwork and angles. Biggest problems with Arlovski is his chin and his size disadvantage. He makes silly little mistakes like flying knees and moving straight backwards that are unforgivable when dealing with heavyweight fists.

Reason I personally picked silva is because I feel arlovski's chance of winning is via decision which leaves 15 minutes for him to eat a fist.
    test
  6. jayoo

i think rogers ground game isnt bad defensively, he wont sub no one but he was down there with fedor.. and fucked fedor up pretty good honestly, escaped the armbar thanks to the positioning of the cage but he used it to his advantage. fedor is better at subs then overeem, i think if rogers was gonna get subbed it woulda been fedor. but who knows maybe overeem will lock in one of those mean ass guillotines he likes to do, i think he'll have to go to his back to choke out rogers tho he wont do it standing
    test
  7. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

that's what gave me the thought of rogers - he rocked fedor a few times and did well on the ground not getting submitted. so if they stand up, i think rogers can win, but if it stays on the ground...idk. never seen overeem fight.
    test
  8. jayoo

i wanna see rogers tap that chin
    test
  9. Money Mac Sabb

Rogers did well against Fedor grappling because of the overwhelming size and strength advantage. Fedor even had trouble with hong man choi.

Brett doesn't have that here.
    test
  10. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Yes, steroids are a wonderful thing...lol
    test
  11. Money Mac Sabb

I have faith in Overeem's masking agent.
    test
  12. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Yes, that is why Rogers should have requested Olympic style testing...lol
    test
  13. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

my only concern...7 years of steroids vs. 0 years.

might change to overeem...
    test
  14. Money Mac Sabb

If he's on steroids, it's likely only been a couple of years.

Unless he was doing them incorrectly for a long time.
    test
  15. Money Mac Sabb

test
  16. NOBLE SOLDIER

NOBLE SOLDIER Fireball Kid

yea he has progressively gotten bigger..
    test
  17. Sailaon

Sailaon New Member

anyone got a sopcast link?

pleaseeeeeeee hit me up
    test
  18. jayoo

he had trouble with choi just in the fact that if he fell forward fedor had no choice but to be on his back, it wasnt much other then that and as soon as it hit within 30 seconds fedor had an armbar each time.. i think rogers deserves credit, especially as short as his run has been. (i know choi hasnt been around long either but.. hes naturally bigger then rogers, he has that lean ability that nobody fedors height could really do much about but go backwards, to much weight coming on you from such a tall guy.. i dont think rogers could just lean, he woulda got tossed)
    test
  19. jayoo

little early just go check out myp2p.eu
    test
  20. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

take off my bet on rogers.

200 on arlovski. waitin on ufc to do a dump bet.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.