G-Unit

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Queens_Council, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike ockburns

mike ockburns New Member

I never said that money wasn't a motivation for any good artists, you misunderstood me. You said that getting out of the hood and getting paid was a driving force behind the emergence of hip hop, that would mean the very beginning. The driving force behind the emergence of hip hop was a backlash against the stagnant pop culture disco had created. Yes of course money is always an incentive behind being a musical artist just like it is for being an athlete.. but if it's the ONLY reason or even the main reason then you aren't a true artist, you're a businessman that makes music.
    test
  2. razor_bladez

razor_bladez Has Muertos

no the emergence does not mean the beginning, lol it means the emergence. although it is near the beginning, it is not the beginning.

at the beginning of eminems career he released infinite

eminem emerged when he hooked up with dre and released the slim shady lp

see what im saying?

rappers wanting to make money and get out of the hood, is the reason why hip hop emerged, as in emerged on to the scene. its the reason your on this board right now, and its the only reason u even know what hip hop is
    test
  3. mike ockburns

mike ockburns New Member

Just for the record one of the definitions of "emerge" is to come into existance so when you say "the emergence of hip hop" I immediately assume you mean hip hop coming to existence. I see what you are saying, that rappers wanting get out of the hood was the emergence of hip hop in the mainstream media? I don't know if I totally agree though. Money could be some rapper's motivation to become an emcee, but rappers don't control how big hip hop is, consumers do. Hip hop became a way for people to get rich because it is highly marketable and teenagers love it. It became big like that because people would buy it, not because rappers wanted a way out of the hood. Rappers found a way out of the hood through hip hop because people would buy it, so that became some of the motivation for them to try to become an emcee.
    test
  4. razor_bladez

razor_bladez Has Muertos

but rappers changed and evolved rap forming it into something marketable in order to make a profit, which is the reason for some of the best hip hop music of all time imo, rappers are better when they are hungry, they see other kids makin money off of rap so they do it too, and they do their best cuz they wanna make a lot of money

well thats all for tonight, im headin to bed
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.