**Future Failures** Who do you think is going to fail on the next Lp? contribute!

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by dick&balls, Sep 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

^i'm pretty sure Jay-Z put jeezy on, i remember people talking about this before

then i remember people were thinking wtf is Jigga doing until Jeezy went plat...then the critics went quiet
    test
  2. MistaChipz

MistaChipz New Member

Game's flow was god awful on "MY love for you"....besides, that song is hella old, dont tell me he's putting that on the lp?....
    test
  3. Conceited One

Conceited One Please Say The Baby

No...i highly doubt it. I was just saying that is the only song of his that I've liked that wasn't on his last album...
    test
  4. Mr. Key

Mr. Key Heron and sex in one....

There's no way Jigga wont sell, he could go into the studio and pull a Pootie Tang for 14 tracks and still go atleast 2x platinum. I dont think you people realize how much Jigga is loved, I hear Jay songs on the radio everyday and he has released an album since 2003. People have been saying hip hop is dying, but no one said that shit before he retired. There's been a void in hip hop since he left.

Nas will go platinum, he has the right environment around him to make an album that is classic yet appeals to the mainstream. Real hip hop fans love Nas, and with them and the fans garnered from his new deal and the opportunity to hear him and Jay on a song together will push him beyond platinum.

Game will go plat, I explained why in another thread

Redman will go gold if he can release a dope single. But I cant see him going plat again. He's lost his buzz as an artists.
    test
  5. Mr. Key

Mr. Key Heron and sex in one....

Young Gunz and Bleek are expected to flop though, Jay keeps them around because there his peoples and he wants them to get their paper. Nore didnt sell because he's fucking terrible now, and he went completely to the left with his shit so it go no promotion which is not Jay's job, he doesnt do the marketing part.

Jay signed Rihanna, and Rick Ross, I think someone else signed Jeezy, he just Executive Produced for him., as he did for the others. He didnt sign Neyo either, but he executive produced his album also. Id say he did an alright job. Nothing spectacular, but you cant blame him for the people who flopped because most of them are past there prime, or just expected to flop.
    test
  6. MistaChipz

MistaChipz New Member

word, I cant deny it, that beat was the shit...had that nice sentimental feel to it....buuuut, I just can't get with Game's flow, his delivery needs work if u ask me...on the other hand, he can pick beats, and wether cats believe it or not, there is a skill that goes along with beat selection...alot of artist have the talent but not the ear for beats, like a beanie or a Nas.....
    test
  7. Bash

Bash New Member

word dats wat I'm saying The Roots have always flopped, Method Man's last album flopped, yea Bleek and the Young Gunz flopped because Jay was new and he was eager to release them so the Roc can get back on the map so he rushed it and the outcome was low sales, LL flopped because people just didnt feel like copping his shit plain and simple
    test
  8. HipHopWorld

HipHopWorld New Member

Game might hit plat...but he aint reaching double.
    test
  9. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Well, the fact that Hov and Nas are dropping so close together, leads me to believe they will cross promote, and possibly tour together. Thats a shot in the dark, but it makes sense.
    Anyway, Nas should have Jay-Z on his album, that alone could be worth a million records. His last CD didnt sell well, but look at the singles...."Bridging The Gap" (which I loved) but that shit wont sell no records, and "These are our heroes"?

I dont see Nas selling out on this record, but I do see him coming with something less political single wise, and with more cross over appeal. Something along the lines of Hate Me Now.
    Furthermore, he is on Defjam, and will have better promotion. You cant tell me, he dont have an established fanbase of at least 500 thousand people who will cop his shit no matter what. So it aint hard for him to get up to platinum, I dont think. If Defjam can push 1.7 million for Jeezy, they can do it for Nas.
    test
  10. id take Nas, Jay, Bankds and Game off that list.. their gonna sell
    test
  11. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

Jigga's involvement alone will boost his sells.
    test
  12. Type Williams

Type Williams ATTITUDE ADJUSTER

maaaaaaan even my grandma waitin on Jay's album to drop...

and she been dead a year already...

that shit will hit 3 mil easy...
    test
  13. dick&balls

dick&balls Doc Holliday

nas isnt tho. n i said jay Z possibly not being successful. but no doubt lol. prolly will sell alot as usual. not denying that
    test
  14. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

What are you talking about? Streets Desciple went platinum.

Every Nas album has gone at least platinum except for THe Lost Tapes, which wasn't an official release.
    test
  15. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

and as far as future failures... Bone is gonna flop hard if they dont get a fuckin good single on the radio.
    test
  16. dick&balls

dick&balls Doc Holliday

^^ lol agreed.

and 2 the other guy. nas didnt hit platinum on each cd. he did on illmatic after 3 years lol. he didnt on streets diciple, or nastradamus.
    test
  17. dick&balls

dick&balls Doc Holliday

nvm lolol illmatic went plat in 2001
    test
  18. dick&balls

dick&balls Doc Holliday

fuk nastradamus too. but so did everybody that year lolol
    test
  19. The Chaos Bringer

The Chaos Bringer Shamanex

Good point.

You can also add resurecting Mariah Carey's career, she's 2x platinum.

Bleek, Young guns was out of loyalty. If it were a pure buisness decision both would get dropped but with Bleek I think Jay will give him one more chance.

But the big thing is def jam's stock. I don't follow the NYSE like that and I don't even think its publicly traded but judging by the level of platinum artists AND the amount of buzz surrounding the label in the 4th quarter (Important quarter near Christmas and def Jam looks like it will dominate hip hop charts with Jay and nas dropping consecutively they are a lock for Jay to be #1 overall on the charts and Nas to AT LEAST be #1 on the hiphop/r&b charts to finish the year)
    test
  20. The Chaos Bringer

The Chaos Bringer Shamanex

Future Flops

I mean flop in the sense of not meeting expectations. So Gnarls Barkley doing plat is great for them but if Jigga only goes platinum it will be a slight dissapointment

1. Game- The Doctor's Advocate with no Doc? Forget it. He's an above average rhymer who was fortunate to be able to feed off of the collective hype of G-Unit and Shady both of which have declined in popularity sense. Couple that with an apparent absence of Dre input and he will go gold but not plat by a long shot. His new single sucks too. Does look like he misses 50's singing after all....

2. Anyone not named 50 Cent from G-Unit

-the fad is over. Stand next to No Limit Soldiers Banks will not go platinum, young buck won't go gold.

3,4,5. Method Man, Redman and LL Cool J.-Look at Eminem's sales decline. "Inflated" hip hop sales (anything more than platinum) come from crossover sucess usually fueled by fad like trends of "Who everyone is listening to". No one is listening to Wu and it isn't 1994. They won't get more than gold.

As far as sleepers who will defy Expectations

Xzibit-Following the buisness model set by Cube he take shis big name to the independents. He'll only doo 300k but on an indy that's huge.

Lady Sovereign-My pick to be a surprise 3x platinum hit for Jay-Z. Easily will cross over with the grime sound that will get played in just about every club in the world.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.