**Future Failures** Who do you think is going to fail on the next Lp? contribute!

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by dick&balls, Sep 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dick&balls

dick&balls Doc Holliday

gimmie some artists that are highly anticipated for a comeback, or just ready to live up the words of putting out a mega album!......but is gonna fall short ridiculous. this year, or whenever. who do you think aint gonna sell for shit basically. here ill help you!

* reasons would be nice, as well as a full read of my shit. thankz homie *

1. Redman - Guy is still ill as fuck. but i think the time he took off is going to work against him. especially in todays times where bootlegging is at an all time high, and hip hop aint where it used to be in overall record sales. redman doesnt fit into the agenda anymore. put it to you this way, if method man cant make a comeback in terms of sales(album was dope).......lol neither will his long time buddy

2. Lloyd Banks- His newest singles arent living up to what he debuted with at all. just a mere flame. plus with all this talk of g-unit falling off, and this and that about 50, you know banks isnt going to live up to his expectations in record sales. you need a hot single, or should i say atleast 3 to boost u up to garunteed platinum status. this time, he struck out with two so far. i doubt the label is going to push a third.

3. Game - Despite all his fans praising him. everybody knows deep down without dr dre, eminem, and the hype of 50 cent, guy isnt going to sell no self proclaimed 5 million records. " niggA pleasE ". if justin timberlake cant with his gigantic groupie fan base, how the fuck is game going to on geffen records??? lol guy made a fool out of himself so many times, he might strike gold if hes lucky. but will flop compared to his debut sales.

4. Ras Kass- We all love ras kass, well most of us. but we also know his career has been over. even if hes rescued by aftermath or a major label, honestly....does most of america care? he already tried on rasassination. beats from rza, dr.dre, and fuckin big time mafucka then Eazy mo bee, and sold shit. with completly forsakening his skills after soul on ice, he got an even lower chance.

5. Hot Rod - If he doesnt put out something incredibly illl and save g-unit from critics, then he'll probably get shelfed lol. when most of g-unit isnt making music like they used too, the future is all a little too obvious for hot rod sadly. hes got a better shot at it then spider locc tho, he aint gotta chance in hell lmfao

6. Project Pat- Three 6 mafia is probably the only group from the south besides UGK that i love. even tho they have the lyrical equivalence of a 4 year old, the beats are superior to pretty much everything in the south. plus i dont mind the flow they have with the basic lyrics. makes a heavenly expeirence with my 2000 watt system, but back to project pat. just like redman(no comparison in skills) his time being locked up for years basically made him forgotten almost. plus with the three 6 mafia buzz pretty much died out after the last record, pat? he'll be stuck in the projects much longer lol. his single aint being played 4 shit either

7. Nas - Proof of his collapse is the pattern of record sales. his last album streets diciple would of been a hell of alot better if it wasnt for the double disk bullshit. half of it was good. half was wack. he should of just took all the hot songs and made it one disk. would of been more successful. but anyways, nas lyrically bores me. its like hes trying to be what he used to. he aint nasty nas anymore. hes washed up as fuck compared to what he used to rap like, with that, and the fact he barley went gold last album, im not expecting fire from the fall off legend. hot song or two. but a bunch of gay, and self proclaimed ill shit, but wont leave up too its hype. * yawn *

8. Jay-Z - if you heard jay recently. he sounds awful. sometimes i cant believe this is the same mafucka who flowed over "dead presidents 1 & 2", " Cant Knock The Hustle ", " Who You Wit " or " Cashmere Thoughts ". Countless Others. He sounds like he's yelping over the fuckin beat lmfao. listen to the collab with lupe fiasco. thats the best he got? lupe outshined him for christ sake. hustlin remix? his verse was ok, but wtf is up with this new flow he adapted? lmfao. anyways, this is a 50 50 shot. he might end up platinum cuz of the jay-Z hype, and countless fans oR! He might end up gold. hes getting dissed alot though. rappers are taken shots at him, and critics are hating on his horrible job as one of the CEO'S of Def Jam. we'll know when the single is dropped whats going to be, but im predicting a flop for jigga which is ironic, cuz i loved black album. thought it was the greatest comeback ever from years of subpar raps. thought jay-Z was back 4 good. thought wrong though. all great things come to an end. soon see

that pretty much sums it up for now. in case anybody says 50 cent, he isnt gonna flop next time. massacre is hated on often yet it sold 4 million. his next album will be platinum atleast. hell come up with some creative new shit to get a bunch of hoes to cop it. if the new 1 sucks, it will still go platinum, then the 3rd lp will be gold, then 4th will be flop. IF anything. sums up the 50 demise in a nutshell

lol and yes i know i wrote alot of shit. cant sleep. write a bunch too if ya like.
    test
  2. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Well, if your talking about quality or sales, im not sure. but whether you think Hov sucks right now or not, is completely irrelevent to the fact that he will sell multiplatinum, and Nas will go at least single platinum.

Game and Banks should bomb tho.
    test
  3. nappyjim

nappyjim Active Member

Jay will got platinum no matter what, much like eminem, he could sing lullaby songs on his cd and stilll go plat
    test
  4. Bash

Bash New Member

Jay aint gon flop fool
    test
  5. VladTheInhaler

VladTheInhaler New Member

You just named every rapper with a cd coming out... lol
    test
  6. Conceited One

Conceited One Please Say The Baby

I am worried about Game's album...he dropped one of the top albums last year...and the only song I've liked since is My Love For You...same with Young Buck's last album..
    test
  7. vandalism

vandalism the king

good post... I agree with most of it

and I agree that Jay hasn't been droppin anythin that nice recently... but to be fair, you said yourself he was dope on the black album, and since then he's only done a few collab's. you can't judge him on that.

plus he could masturbate on the mic for 12 tracks and still go platinum... he's never really sold more than 1-2x platinum anyway, so he won't even flop compared to his usual sales

rest of them i agree with... including 50 not falling off next album, but he might the album after it...
    test
  8. vandalism

vandalism the king

maybe jay... but Nas? didn't he only just push gold with God's Son?
    test
  9. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Im saying, 1x platinum shouldnt be hard for an artist like nas.

As for Hov

Hardknock life 5x
    Life and times of S carter 3x
    blueprint 2 3x
    black album 3x

As of late he pushes more than 1-2 million...lol
    test
  10. dick&balls

dick&balls Doc Holliday

not in the way your taking it no. method man sold like 90,000. dude used to be a sure shot at platinum status years ago. does that mean i think hes horrible or a failure? not at all. but statistically yeah he failed big time. most of the rappers comming out are

in this case or should i say topic, yes i do count low sales as a failure. it doesnt mean the cd is bad, dont get me wrong. im talking about in terms of sales. not skill. for example. lloyd banks selling platinum on his last album, and lets say for arguments sake ends up gold on this album or much less. thats considered a flop or failure in the eyes of the record labels.
    test
  11. dick&balls

dick&balls Doc Holliday

and Oz, me saying jay-z sucks now is relevant cuz he does. you have to be a moron to agree hes as nice as he used to be. if he doesnt come off nice on the next album im simply not going to buy it. so will many others not either. thats not all i said tho, rappers are dissing him now, and critics are saying hes a terrible CEO. this are new reasons via black album that he aint going to dish out as many records. doesnt mean im a cam'ron fan or hopes jigga failes. its just a guess lol. and as for nas? hes done. streets diciple only went gold and hell be lucky if he goes gold again, but i doubt it.
    test
  12. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

U saying he sucks is completely irrelevent to the fact he going platinum reguardless. Multi.
    test
  13. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Oh and to be honest, Ive never seen anyone but a couple people on this site say he does a bad job. Disgruntled employees are not critics.
    test
  14. dick&balls

dick&balls Doc Holliday

he does do a bad job tho. everything he released so far didnt sell. nore? flop, roots? flop, lupe ? isnt selling even with his executive producing. bleek? flop, only person who sold is kanye. what has he done thats so great? lol nothing.
    test
  15. Bash

Bash New Member

uh Kanye, Rihiana, NeYo, Rick Ross, Young Jeezy all sold wat u dont realize is all those artists u mentioned are all expected to have low sales theres nuthin Hov can do
    test
  16. OrtizDupri

OrtizDupri then you gotta BREATHE

Do you even know what a CEO does?

Here's a hint: it's not promote or sell records.

And the Roots weren't a flop - nobody expected them to go platinum or anything, that's why they're on Def Jam Left, the sorta indie/underground label that Jay-Z set up with them. That way they can do their own thing, make great music, and nobody's expecting them to sell thirty million records.
    test
  17. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

He isnt a CEO. When he became president he rushed out Bleek and Young Gunz, and he did do a bad job, I think he was learning then.

Whether you think hiphop is all that matters or not...He has had large success with Rihanna, Jeezy is nearly 2x platinum, Rick Ross, Kanye West & Neyo.

This is the music business, and rappers DONT survive 10 yrs very often. Who could expect Ghost, Method Man, Ll Cool J to sell? Hov cant make them make hit records, and he cant make people purchase music that they feel is no longer relevent.

Look who he signed tho. Nas, Fabolous, Jeezy....
    He got rid of DMX before he bombed again...

When him, Luda, Nas, Kanye and Jeezy all drop in the next six months, Im sure Defjam will be sitting pretty. Granted, I aint saying he is the best ceo ever, I think he has it in for Budden, and I do think he could be pushing some of these guys harder....but I wouldnt say he is doing a bad job. The rappers are doing a bad job, I couldnt even tell you the name of a Method Man single, or the Roots. Roots were signed to a special deal anyway, so they could make more while selling less.

Trust me, Defjam is a multi hundred million dollar corporation, they aint gonna let someone run the company thats doing a bad job. At the end of the day, its all about the bottom line.

Oh, and Lupe isnt signed to Defjam. All exec producers do is choose the songs on the CD, and the order they appear. Hov didnt run the marketing and shit. Thats why he was executive producer, not executive of marketing. Furthermore, I dont think Lupe is mad with his sales...he outsold Chingy. He is a new rapper who outsold a multiplatinum rapper with little promotion.
    test
  18. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

obviously jay-z sucks.. the more he sucks the more albums he sells... jigga watered down fast...

i remember people saying gunit would last another 2-3 years of crapp.. i knew they wouldnt.. game will flop.
    test
  19. QuickQuip

QuickQuip New Member

WHY is Nas a lock to go platinum??

his last album only sold 680k...

and the hype for his upcoming album is minimal, at best

unless he has a hit record, he wont do more than 750k
    test
  20. dick&balls

dick&balls Doc Holliday

i thought rick ross, young jeezy, and rihanna were all put out by a different guy on def jam. if im mistaken my bad, ill look it up. but 2 my knowledge there were 3 people runnin the shit including jay z. jay only put out bleek, young guns, nore, and kanye. kanye being the only seller cuz kanye is kanye and he would of sold with jay-z or not. bleek flopped, and young guns flopped. he put out the roots tho, and they flopped too. but i agree with what somebody said about the indie shit, and they werent gonna go ridiculous anyway. still, jay isnt a good president. long livE russEL! even tho he been gone for like years lol. guy ran shit
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.