fuck voting.

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by TWAMP$iN, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

so much conservative pussyfooting. End the fed and put a leash on your corporations, then revolutionize so that the income taxes go to free education and healthcare for everyone instead of that trillion dollars being stolen by bankers every year, stick to the constitution. Power to the people.
    test
  2. Radium

Radium f k

i think ron paul is the man that really kick started that bankster and end the fed rhetoric back in 2008. if youve been to an ows or have been following them on the net you see a big chunk of what theyre doing is based around that bankster and end the fed stuff that i dont believe existed (at least not as prominently) b4 ron paul started really kicking up sand about it in 2008. this was creating waves on the internet and i think that we saw many off shoots to that springing out in the form of viral videos, chain e-mails, and facebook copy-paste wall posts. i think this chain of events had a big impact on spiraling down like a katamari and creating ows in 2011. in its own way, ows is really just a viral internet meme - a kind that i think strongly stems from the viral internet memes ron paul was starting in 2008.

ron paul is very right wing about some things and does differ from some of ows because of that (probably alienating them, ultimately) but i think they share stripes on how aggressively anti corporatist/banking system they are. i argue that this, more than anything, is going to be the dominant talking point in the new left - and hopefully is going to be the dominant talking point permanently.

true but then again i think the right can only argue and scapegoat its messages effectively in this landscape of extreme wealth inequality and a diminished middle class for so long.

re: trends

lets just say the right actually is a logical extension of the ancient divine right of kings and that its always trying to trend towards its own version of a top down society, in whatever kind of society that it exists in. lets say it eventually achieves that goal. in finally realizing this, it logically must shift into a permanently defensive mode to try to reassure everyone that what its doing is good, despite the reality that its not (top-down society is never good)

thats the trouble with tyrants, how do they justify these inherently parasitic whims indefinitely? i think theres an innate trait within humanity to create this trend for tyrants based on the power theyre always seeking but another trend that seems to exist is a refusal by society to submit to that forever. whenever a society becomes too top-shaped it becomes increasingly harder and harder for whoever is at the very top of that society to justify what it does. hence revolutions, and hence the the success of democracy over monarchy/aristocracy

so i think the trend is that society may start out egalitarian like you put in your other post, yet is always heavily at risk for corrupting and being taken over by tyrannical, power seeking agents. this makes society top-down vs middle-out and consequently it becomes harder and harder for those agents to justify this power over that society. society then makes a move to reset itself back to its ideal middle out shape, where it then becomes at risk to corruption once again. perhaps we are now just following this model out through to its own logical conclusion. perhaps we are always going to.

but i guess thats why ive been putting so much on the strength of the internet in these posts. should society actually reset itself from its current top-down shape, i believe its going to be largely thanks to the internet. most recently this was true for egypt. i think they had been following out on the same kinds of trends that i think we currently are. i guess they are now at that very vulnerable reset stage i was talking about.

i think its a different landscape tho

the hippy movement was an old left kind of movement i think. i think they were more about social idealism than ows which i think is a more hardcore proletariat vs bourgeoisie thing. to compare them i would say ows is harder and more aggressive to go with the generally gloomier environment that the whole country is in right now. i think ows is way more pragmatic too.
    test
  3. Radium

Radium f k

yeah i think youre right that we are going to see much more polar talking points from now on. things in the country are more extreme now - as realized by the tea party and i guess its left wing equivalent ows - than they were starting out in 2008 so i think to be relevant everyone has to make a move towards increasingly extreme themes/messages

i think the right has always been pretty guilty of that tho. they scapegoat and create new threats for things constantly. so i guess we can expect more of that from the right.

i think im more interested to see what obama is going to do tho. can he really have that anti bankster/corporatist ows friendly campaign

i thought his last campaign was extremely vague and he got by on the faith that he might possibly be that way from that group through that. but that was back then and that group has got larger now. there are many that are just generally really disenchanted w obama to begin with too
    test
  4. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

As much as you feel like one fish in an ocean your vote is power. The 3 worst things you can do are

1. Not pay attention
    2. Not vote
    3. Vote for the lesser of 2 evils
    test
  5. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

^you're absolutely right

i was gonna vote for obama out of fear for the republicans but honestly im letting that go

op was guilty of the first 2 and i was guilty of the 3rd

but fuck it, im gonna vote for whoever i really want to win. fuck compromise
    test
  6. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

I feel like #3 is holding us back regardless of ideology. Accountability is basically absent when you feel obligated to vote for 1 of 2 options.
    test
  7. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

For Real.. How the fuck ain't we got expert president's being option's yet? we just got powerful con-artist's runnin game on us..
    test
  8. lyricalpriest

there should be a-Undecided option and some other form of presidential campaigning that will make them prove what they stand for and what theyre answer to the next 4 years to what we need to do as a nation to re-coup
    test
  9. grimreaper24

grimreaper24 New Member

spit the grim truth

Fuck this hidden republic
    the bankers just give u ideals ur stuck with
    until the true motive has been achieved and a puppet for America had been agreed no one is really free
    not until gods final blessing makes the devils confess
    then angels ressurect with the thirst for the truth begins and the revolution can commence
    test
  10. lyricalpriest

test
  11. grimreaper24

grimreaper24 New Member

It supposed to rhyme
    test
  12. kingorap

kingorap New Member

test
Thread Status: