"FUCK THIS NEW SHIT!" ....The 90's R&B thread

Discussion in 'The R&B Haven' started by Joro, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

where my soul for real fans at

[youtube]6ihhJCPYHuk[/youtube]

[youtube]Cx0xzO73Amo[/youtube]
    test
  2. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

[youtube]ATsmMBptA08[/youtube]

[youtube]12q2SZTHsCo[/youtube]
    test
  3. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

[youtube]QGXxcSdsXJ4[/youtube]

[youtube]C4kMuWRTan4[/youtube]
    test
  4. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

^^that's an ovedose on super dope r&b tracks....
    test
  5. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

1988...close enough lol

[youtube]2IlHq3n3hy0[/youtube]

[youtube]DBUz2nkOKsc[/youtube]

[youtube]OHzkICG47LU[/youtube]
    test
  6. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

my fellow early club heads may remember this one

[youtube]spOZkJga964[/youtube]

[youtube]ExH_XTqew-4[/youtube]
    test
  7. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

[youtube]jA0wN46d3Co[/youtube]

[youtube]IVMKQP0K3a0[/youtube]
    test
  8. Joro

Joro New Member

Yo Psyfa ... thanks for posting the Portrait ... I knew the hook, but as a kid I never realized just how great that fucking song is.
    test
  9. GaLaTeA

...old...but...ooooh so beautiful to listen to...
    test
  10. Joro

Joro New Member

"He's miiiiiiiine, you may of had him once, but I got him all the tiiiiiiiiime"- Mokenstef

So Gal, you'd allow your man to cheat on you every now and then?
    test
  11. GaLaTeA

I'm so glad you brought this up. I love the song for it's content, and there's a similar song, Ciara made "Wants for dinner", btw.

The reason I posted it, is because I find it absurd that women direct attention towards and focus solely on the "one night stand lady", and try so desperately proving to the other woman, that they themselves are worth more and in a way better, just because the man stays with them at the end of the day. I find that insulting, repulsive, disrespectful and absolutely crazy (for the lack of current proper or better term).

If you happen to remember Tlc's song "Creep" ~ instead of telling the girl that two wrong decisions won't make nor will they ever equal to a right one, and if their significant other cheats, their best bet would be to leave that person, just get the heck out of the relationship ~ but no, the only thing they can convey and the message they send accross would be "he cheated, so now you have an excuse to do him dirty" mentality. Imo, not ok.

Would I allow a person to cheat on me? No, not at all. I don't condone that type of behaviour, nor do I exercise it.
    But then again, who am I to allow a grown man anything, or to dictate the decisions he makes.
    When it comes to a serious relationship, I expect nothing less than loyalty and honesty (besides love, of course), and I'd rather be dumped or dump the guy myself, than to indure heartache over someone who doesn't even respect me enough to tell me they'd rather be enjoying sexplotations with another woman. At the end of the day ~ cheating is a deal breaker.

test
  12. Joro

Joro New Member

You're right, Gal. Cheating is no joke and it deserves our attention...

I do feel that if people followed your advice and just left the relationship instead of cheating, a lot of these crimes-of-passion tragedies could be avoided. (btw, D'Angelo had a song about killing his girl and her lover.)

But besides the betrayal and the violence ... I'm here to let you know that cheating can be a good thing sometimes. When passion sparks up randomly it's fresh and compelling. (SWV had a hit about being the other woman maybe you should check it out)

In the end tho every player wants to settle down. (Joe.....) So women should just be patient like Mokenstef and when they find the man they love they should wait it out ... and try not to sweat small things like a stray girl here and there.

[youtube]Kfd5UZnGAi0[/youtube]

[youtube]yDMwRnQyuu8[/youtube]

[youtube]-Oc-VchSDvA[/youtube]
    test
  13. GaLaTeA

...when you mentioned crimes-of-passion I almost instantly thought about the case of a love triangle gone horribly wrong. It was an unnecessary tragedy, with the battle of will, pride and induced by digital drama ob both sides. What were they thinking?! Girls were figting over a mediocre manipulator, who valued them 0%. Consequences come with a massive high price attached to them.
    Rachel Wade & Sarah Ludemann: A Teen Love Triangle Turns to Murder - True Crime Report

While D'Angelo talks about killing the cheating duo, Mario Winans says I don't wanna know, and Diddy rapps about essentially giving the cheater an option of mending the wrongs or getting out. Shola Ama says she's codependent and would stay in a relationship despite cheating. Meanwhile Usher's unfaithful demeanor ends him breaking into a relationship ending confession after he discoveres his ex might be pregnant. Rihanna's apparent cheating ways land her to take a deep look at the situation at hand as well as her actions, while Toni Braxton has had it with the man, after giving him another chance.
    So I'm guessing non of those songs have a happily ever after, because in those types of relationships resentments start to grow, trust is no longer there, and loyalty gets questioned again and again because of the ever present memory of betrayel that never goes away. It lurks, leaps around, creates a playground for disaster and a lifetime of pain ~ if they choose to continue with the relationship.

Honestly, I'm aware that people are attracted to each other, but is lusting someone really worth losing good thing? I honestly don't get it ~ one of those having a cake and eating it too situations. If people want to settle down and have a serious relationship, why cheat?

The "women should be patient" thingy....um, yeah...so...a woman should be patient, loyal, while the player runs the field, shags and bangs everything on site, comes back home satisfied to his primary lady turns her basically into a mere leftover? No, sir. That woman should be the 7 course spread.
    I get the fact that even players have the ability to settle down and change their ways, but wouldn't be easier to find a good woman and hold on to her, than to play with many good women and ending up played? (~>that didn't make any sense did it?)

test
  14. Joro

Joro New Member

You're right Gal. I would just add that a "couple" should understand each other about the status of a relationship. If it's just casual, then seeing other people shouldn't be cause to freak out. But sometimes communication isn't clear and signals get crossed ... and people get hurt over nothing. If you have a kid and are making a serious run of it, then yea, you shouldn't give into temptation. cue Heather Headley

[youtube]s4qCAEy7Y28[/youtube]
    test
  15. Radium

Radium f k

[youtube]4rTqLa2IKCE[/youtube]

yfm
    test
  16. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

word up

here's some more Portrait for you

[youtube]8RLPk8K9F_E[/youtube]

[youtube]iBwYjJbjWuI[/youtube]

there more I listen to some of the tracks in this thread the more I realize I miss New Jack Swing
    test
  17. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

[youtube]aLc1mZF_LYg[/youtube]

[youtube]VpY_ElM4CYk[/youtube]

probably one of the greatest one hit wonder tracks ever

[youtube]HrBnEaQd4ZY[/youtube]
    test
  18. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

[youtube]3Wj8Yxa309E[/youtube]

[youtube]Fz2RZrPDz7U[/youtube]