Fuck The Frank Mir Haters!!!! Hahahaha!!!

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by ANDtheMC, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

What The Fuck Did I Say?!??!?!?!?! Aggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! And He Called Out Lesnar!!! Frank Mir Is Thee Best!!!
    test
  2. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

lol to be very honest no one was hating on Mir and even you didnt see that coming. that was just insane. one thing is for sure the old Frank Mir is back. he looked fantastic in that fight. he looked so much better on the feet then he has ever looked ever.

on a side note and its not an excuse, Nog looked as bad as he has ever looked. it is very much time for him to hang em up. the only other fight i would be interested in seeing him pursue would be a Randy/Nog retire fight type of thing.

congrats on the pick buddy you seemed to be a big Frank supporter, he earned his interem title and i think he has all the tools to beat Brock again.
    test
  3. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

He's my favorite fighter... Him and Palhares... St. Pierre is third. And then Damien Maia... I'ma heavy jiu-jitsu guy...

And I didn't see that coming but I also thought a lotta people were downplaying Mir's stand up also. We haven't really seen him have to use it much but he has been doing martial arts since he was like 4. And beyond that, the one time he had to use his standup, he utterly dominated and knocked out that du' that stomped on his face....

I was screamin' on top of my lungs when he got that KO. I wish he didn't ground and pound and just grabbed a limb 'n broke it just to prove a point....

"THAT'S MY BELT!!!" hahahaha!!! I loved it...
    test
  4. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

Fair enough man fair enough. I think the reason no one really gave his stand up much credit is because he's been doing all kinds of different training for a long time and appeared to have no stand up game. its different when its a guy like Kos or Rashad who havent had the training you think you can still teach them. I thought when it came to stand up Frank was a lost cause. he proved me completly wrong. however i think that him not wanting to roll with Nog was more about him knowing Nog's JJ is much better then his and less about him doing well on the feet.
    test
  5. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I have to disagree with him feeling Nog's jiu-jitsu was better. I think it was just that he was so utterly dominating on the feet, he was thinkin' "What's the point?" It was so obvious Nog couldn't handle the combos Mir was hitting 'em with so if it's not broke, why fix it?

And again, Mir's been doing martial arts since he was four. I never doubted his stand up but I only gave Nog the edge with hands because he'd supposedly been boxing for so long and before he even started training jiu-jitsu. It appeared he couldn't deal with Mir's 1-2-3 combos that he stressed so hard on TUF 8.

Again, I really don't think Mir was scared of his jiu-jitsu. If he REALLY REALLY wanted to, when Nog had the open guard after he got hit 'n went for a triangle and Mir saw it coming 'n stuffed it, he could've EASILY went for a heel hook or achilles lock. I really truly feel he didn't find the purpose. Nog was barely landing anything on his feet compared to Mir. So why even think about risking where he's dominating so much and start rolling. Two knock downs in one round? Nog basically got saved by the bell at the end of round 1. But UFC 92 was everything I hoped it would be and more. WHAT A NIGHT!!!!
    test
  6. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

what do you mean? mir was in the after-fight interview with joe rogan in tears straight up saying "even i didnt think i could beat nogueira, lets be real"... which shows he obviously was cautious about nogs ground game, what else would it be? thats nogs strong point, and as the fight progressed there was no reason for him to test the ground game and see if he would be more dominant when he already had his edge in standup

mir surprised me, i dont like him necessarily.. i dunno, but i would like to see him beat lesnar again, which i think he can and will.

nog did look horrible, it's sad that people are already saying he should hang em up.. because dude is only 32 years old, hes younger then a lot of these other guys doing it, he just looks much older.. but id have to agree, i think his body aged much faster than normal, if you look back to his fights with fedor he was in phenomonal shape compared to now..

hes one of them people who reach their prime and peak quicker than you'd like them to or feel they should and there's not much that can be done.
    test
  7. jayoo

even in his post fight interview in the backroom, he says it dont seem real hes gonna go home to go to sleep and "im hopin no ones gonna wake me an say i got knocked out in the 1st rd"
    test
  8. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

Mir looked better than ever, I feel like the glimpse to fame and fortune has really motivated him into a top 5 HW. At the same time Nog looked like a washed up shell of a man. So it is what it is. Lesnar is gonna own mir though in the rematch
    test
  9. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

That was respect for a legend. That was one of his idols. If you saw the 8 million interviews he was doing, he sounded pretty damn confident he could beat 'em... I really truly believe he did not believe Nogueira was going to tap 'em or could... Again, if you watched his interviews before the fight, he clearly and confidently said: "HE WILL NOT TAP ME..."

Again, it seems like ya'll are taking away from what Mir was doing. When he beat Sylvia, he "just couldn't be beat and he always found a way to win..." Mir just did what Sylvia did and did it a lot better. Mir's striking looked excellent... Again, everything ya'll are saying is taking away from what Mir was doin'... It's like ya'll were tryna down play it... Fuck that... MIR DOMINATED NOG... Nog didn't let Mir dominate 'em... He did exactly what Sylvia was doing but a lot worse..
    test
  10. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

C'mon man... You're comin' off real naive. You know how many people have said things of that nature after winning the belt. Especially for Mir, having the type of comeback as he's had, it would be very sensible to feel those type of emotions...
    test
  11. jayoo

i cant wait for lesnar to make short work of mir

i cannot wait
    test
  12. jayoo

and this kid is annoying as fuck, im gonna block him until lesnar whips mir than ill be more than happy to see everything he has to say lmao, but as of now hes apparently stalking me from thread to thread, even ones where i dont mention mir once just because of 2 single comments i made

somebody needs some xoloft or something

to bad mirs in a division that will be run by brock lesnar for the next 2-3 years
    unless some other promising HW comes in
    test
  13. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

What annoys you is that you have no INTELLIGENT rebuttal. Your arguments don't work... And stalking you? I replied to everyone that responded to anything I've been talking about. Ignorance is bliss. You must really think you that important to someone...
    test
  14. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

you and mir both couldnt expect noguira to come into t hat fight looking like absolute shit though. i cant help but to take away from that win but noguira looked like he was 60 years old with flaps of b ack fat
    test
  15. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Hahahaha... WTF? Nog was in shape. Very good shape. Same shape as he's always been physically. What you mean? He has that scar from getting run over by a truck when he was young but that's it...

And I don't think Nog looked like shit. I've seen Nog fight several times even in his prime and look like that when it came to striking. He gets beat up and then someone rushes into his guard and gets submitted.... Mir was too good on the ground to do that and with him dominating the stand up, he let 'em get up... That's how I see it, at least...
    test
  16. xX_NASTY_Xx

xX_NASTY_Xx Guest

good showing by Mir

But don't get it twisted

FEDOR IS THE BEST
    test
  17. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

^^^ Agree 100%... And Mir is tied for my favorite fighter. Fedor is by far the best heavyweight...
    test
  18. jayoo

what rebuttal do i need? your the ONLY person who disagrees with me, not only does just about everybody on this message board agree with me, but so does my friend whos in UFC 94 against stephan bonnar, and most fighters hes spoke with, i always ask him his opinion and if hes spoke with any fighters about any matchups. guess what the concensus was? nog over mir, the only varied opinions were rampage/silva and evans/griffin

and ill let you take a guess on what is believed to be nogs main downfall

ill give you a 3 word hint... past his prime

LMAO

sucks to be a mir fan, as good as everyone thinks he looked last night the win is still partially contributed to nog just not being nog anymore, and thats not just a fan concensus but a fighters as well.
    test
  19. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

False... Not everyone on this message board agrees with you. Go read... ESPECIALLY AFTER THE FIGHT... There was a different consensus... They said he looked bad but all of them admitted Mir looked WAYYY better than he thought he would.

You say all this because you need an excuse for your bad prediction. PERIOD....

And oh wowww... Your friend fighting at UFC 94... Whoopty fuckin' doo. Every damn MMA analyst and fighter still regarded Nogueira one of thee top heavyweights EVEN NOW before and after that fight. Mike Goldberg and Joe Rogan never said: "Nogueira looks slow.../Nogueira looks past his prime.../Nogueira looked horrible..." They all were talking about how great Mir looked...

FACT OF THE MATTER IS, Mir beat Nogueira because Mir was better and Nogueira was worse.

"LMAO"

I have three words for you: "You are ignorant"

And that's one fighter you claim you know that is gonna fight in UFC 94. NOT "FIGHTERS"... Nobody else has said anything of that nature and I read plenty of UFC 92 breakdowns and watched interviews and press conferences... FUCK OUTTA HERE with your "sources"....
    test
  20. jayoo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

a look forward at what to expect from mir in the lesnar fight
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.