Fuck Pro Tools! ! !

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Track Gunnaz, Jan 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Track Gunnaz

Track Gunnaz GUNNA #1

After spending hours and hours trying to figure out the midi and recording on Pro Tools 7.1 M powered...

We finally got a full beat tracked out individually...

Only to realize that you can only record 32 tracks AUDIO

wtf?

if you drop a beat out, we have 2 keyboards, that 32 right there...

ANDDDDDDd we use lots of stereo dropping as well.

So when it comes time to record, we use lots of overdubs etc etc... its a bullshit process.

U gotta bounce vocals and shit, but thats so damn gay.

For pro tools to be so hyped its crazy that you can only use 32 tracks out.

What are some of programs on Pro Tools level that can use UNLIMITED amount of tracks???
    test
  2. eNfO

eNfO YEEEAH BABY

how can't you fit 1 song on 32 tracks?

and what you mean you gotta bounce vocals?
    test
  3. Louis Bigger

Louis Bigger New Member

link the tracks to the same voice, you fat swirl baby. As long as they aren't playing at the same time, you can have an unlimited amount of tracks.
    test
  4. Sheldon Raglan

Sheldon Raglan New Member

LOL! this nigga just called Dion a Fat Swirl Baby!
    test
  5. Track Gunnaz

Track Gunnaz GUNNA #1

Why I gotta be fat and shit though?

you fuckin weenie.
    test
  6. Track Gunnaz

Track Gunnaz GUNNA #1

Yeah but when you mix down the song, the inactives won't be in the mix.

you fuckin retard
    test
  7. Sheldon Raglan

Sheldon Raglan New Member

Open two Protools sessions...
    now rewire them together...VOILA
    test
  8. GTDProductions

GTDProductions Aye

Can you use pro tools with out the "M-box"?

over here in we got mad bootlegs for cheap.
    test
  9. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

^you need digidesign hardware to operate pro tools....always

if you need more than 32 voices at the same time, get pro tools HD

you really don't though

export all your drums into layer a, mix them to a submaster having that as voices 1 and 2
    export all your guitars (bass, acoustic, electric) to layer b, mix that to a submaster having voices 3 and 4
    export all your other instruments to layer c, mix them to a submaster having voices 5 and 6
    export all your vocals to layer d, mix them to a submaster having voices 7 and 8
    put your effects on layer e, with voices 9 and 10

having all your submasters on layer f will allow you to only use (in this example) 10 voices, yet have potentially 8795632967976 tracks in pro tools

you just change layers to manipulate individual instruments as you need to

if any number of big name industry producers can do a track using no where close to 32 voices at the same time, then you should easily be able to

only use stereo if you really need it....drums as a group need to be stereo, but what the fuck are you doing with a stereo kick drum?
    test
  10. eNfO

eNfO YEEEAH BABY

do you think ray charles had 32 tracks??!?!?
    test
  11. Ray Digga

Ray Digga NeosulOSkoolAbstrkHipHop

You can buy their kit and expand to 48 tracks.....
    test
  12. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

no, he probably had 4 or 8

all the beatles albums were recorded with 4/8 track

dre uses 24 track analog tape

everything before 1980 was done with less than 24 tracks

the fuck you saying 32 tracks isn't enough?
    test
  13. eNfO

eNfO YEEEAH BABY

back in the days it was Drums, Bass, Guitar & Keyboard, Vocals

Now everyone is spoiled.

one track for adlibs, one track for a "Yeah" at the end of the verse" etc.

it takes away from the creativity too
    test
  14. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

that arguement is lost in todays world. while i totally agree with you most people will not. I personally during recording even with tracking a beat have never gone over 20 tracks during a rap song. I can't understand how people do that.
    test
  15. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

if you dont use protools first off why the fuck are you sitting here defending it. i use protools. and yes 32 tracks is not enough to fully mis a song with a tracked out beat. period. specially if you like me and use alot of sounds/layers. and 32 tracks aint 32 stereo tracks. sometimes i have to change some tracks to mono to get all my sounds tracked out to protools.

Arcane no offense but dog is this 1980? its 2007. alot of beats use a lot of sounds/layers. so thats just a dumb ass thing to say lol. and dre doesnt use no fucking 24 tack analog tape. i seen to many pics/vids of his ass over an SSl. get that outta here my nigs.
    test
  16. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

lol...dre does use 24 track analog tape

he said so himself in several different interviews in scratch

you do realize that an SSL is just a console right, you can't actually record TO it..you need a medium as well

I use pro tools all the time, and have done more than enough tracks on LE systems to know that 32 tracks is more than enough for ANY application outside of post production for video, and in some cases it's still enough for that too

you guys are soooo fucking spoiled

if i gave you a 4 track and told you to make a whole record from scratch you couldn't even record your vocals

don't think you have enough tracks with pro tools LE? fine, switch to a different DAW and have all the tracks you could ever want, fuck, CEP can do 64...use that if you want to be a fucking whiner :):

layer all your kicks, make that 1 sound and use 1 track for that...is that so complicated? repeat for your next layered instrument....more than 32 instruments in a single song? you probably need to fix something because that's a fuckload and it'll be cluttered as hell

go make a record on one of these, then you'll be happy for 32 tracks:
    [​IMG]
    test
  17. kojo

kojo New Member

yep...this process IMO is even quicker if you did your beat ITB to begin with...
    test
  18. kojo

kojo New Member

my only beef really is dropping $500 on that toolkit...for that kinda money Cubase 4 is much more tempting.
    test
  19. Track Gunnaz

Track Gunnaz GUNNA #1

Man that's like saying "Oh you football players are spoiled for wanting to use face masks because back in the day nobody had face masks"

I think ya'll dudes saying we're spoiled is just plain out retarded. Why the fuck are ya'll on the internet? Why do you use running water? Why use email? back in the day they carried messages with pigeons. I think you all sound self-righteous and down right ignorant.

Music is like everything else from the past, it has gotten BETTER technology wise.

Plus, back in the day they had BACKGROUND VOCALIST as well... so those were overdubs. Sam Cooke, Marvin Gaye, James Brown, Ray Charles... ALL HAD BACKGROUND VOCALIST. So they pretty much did overdubs the hard way because there was no other way. Picture how stupid ya'll sound... how would it look if a Rapper had 2 niggas in the background doing overdubs???? lol... I can see it now, especially with alotta ghetto ass set ups. Buncha mothafuckas huddled up in the corner tryin to do another niggas overdubs... [funny] hell nah

We have the luxury of having 64 to unlimited tracks. And if you're like me and been used to layering vocals and overdubs... then you'll realize that 32 tracks isn't enough for dropping a beat.

And all of you who wanna shit on what I'm doing or how many tracks I'm using vs. how many YOU are using... put ya music up and i'll put mines up. We'll see who's shit sounds better...

Post screen shots of your 8 track recordings...

these RM cats I swear.... yall remind me of them nerdy dudes up at Guitar Center and Sam Ash who swear they know everything technical about music, then you hear there work and gotta stop yourself from laughing at them in their face...

Arcane, I'm gonna try that formula you dropped right now. Good look
    test
  20. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

actually what they used to do was record all the drums, mix those down to 2 tracks, record 6 more tracks with the drums (ie, guitar + bass), mix those into the drums to 2 tracks, record 6 more tracks of whatever, mix that into 2 tracks and repeat until they've done their whole thing

i just think it's funny that you bitch about only having 32 tracks when thats WHAT YOU CHOSE TO USE....

i don't go buy a shitty broken down car then complain all the time that it's a peice of shit...i buy a car that serves my purpose

if 32 tracks isn't enough for you, why the fuck did you buy pro tools le? you could have easily found out in advance that's all it can handle and got something like cubase/digital performer/logic/sonar/adobe audition that can do more than 32 tracks

and i'll gladly put up something i've recorded on 2/4/8 track analog tape vs anything you can do with 79643879239866 tracks....any day, any time :):
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.