Fuck, I've been away way too long...Alistair Overeem.

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Newportz, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

I've been a fight fan while a lot of the rapmusic.com posters were still playing going thru puberty...

Was a huge boxing fan after as young man I watched the Holyfield-Bowe fight in '93...

Watched the early UFC's and was a huge PRIDE fan....TBH, I hate typing otherwise I'd go into the depth at which I used to fuck my little brother up with the shit I saw Vovchanchyn and the likes performing..

Still...I also considered Overeem an above average fighter w/ a sick guillotine but was always more of a gatekeeper to upper echelons...

For the past few years after watching too many boring ass cards I've kind of seperated myself as a fan...TBH, a lot of the cards flat out didn't interest me...The UFC 127's just felt too common...

Well I was browsing around a site I download most of my training material off of and figured I'd give the last K-1 GP a chance seeing it was in HD....

The last time I saw Overeem in K-1 was probably his first fight...I remember thinking he was somewhat slow and I was left unimpressed...just seemed like a huge horsemeat eating steroided version of his 205 pound self...

But fuck me if he didn't impress...I now understand all the "reem" love from fight fans...

The guy is a fucking animal...watched the Dufee and Rodgers fight shortly after....

I won't lie..my interest in the fight game has spiked recently...

I can not wait till the man starts building a decent resume in this GP...because besides his average chin, he looks unbeatable...
    test
  2. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

test
  3. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

1 more test
    test
  4. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

The Werdum fight is pretty interesting and if he wins......Reem/Silva should be really good....this is his big chance to prove he is an elite in MMA

UBEREEEEEEEEEEEEEM
    test
  5. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

I honestly can't see Werdum beating Overeem...I know his stock rose after being dropped and watching Fedor flop into his triangle like some noob....

But this fight should be over in the 1st..
    test
  6. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

yeah Werdum's getting big headed because he beat regular reem
    test
  7. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

Super Saiyen Reem is a freak show...I've never seen that type of power and speed in a person that is so fucking jacked...

He's an animal man...he just needs to keep that jaw tucked as works his way thru the tournament..
    test
  8. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

i like how you present yourself as a fighting sport guru whos been watching it way before any of us ever knew what fighting was only so you can denounce mma and the ufc events as if you have some higher knowledge than any of us

i was 8 for holyfield/bowe.. watched it first time when i was 15 with my first computer. ive also watched every recorded fight i can find on ali, marciano, sugar ray, joe louis, etc.. its 2011, watching a fight on tv live in '93 dont matter when i can watch that fighters whole catalogue now, thats all im sayin.. i can be as educated on any era of boxing as anyone else.

i think your mentality is just that your bored with fighting right now, it happens. some people can play games for years an years then suddenly they dont feel like it anymore. same goes for anything, i used to wake up an focus on music now i wake up and do other things.. it doesn't mean music lost its value though, it just means im not on that page right now.
    test
  9. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

thanks for sharing your life story with us. the day hath been blesseth..
    test
  10. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

Nah, I was drunk...I do that every so often...Go into some bullshit story that not even I care about...

"i think your mentality is just that your bored with fighting right now, it happens."

I was bored...I think the disconnect happened when Pride fell..I'm still not overly impressed with a lot of the shows the UFC is putting on considering the roster they have..

A lot of the upcoming shows - HW GP, Bones vs Shogun, and even Diaz vs Daley have my interest...
    test
  11. jayoo

i cant wait for diaz vs daley and shogun/jones speaks for itself i still cant believe my boy who was a bouncer 3-4 yrs ago is fighting to be one of the best lhw in the world.. i told everyone he would one day but in all honesty its surreal as fuck
    test
  12. Knowledge

Knowledge 12 lbs with dick insert.

If only everyone ate Horse meat.
    test
  13. Rubbing Macahol

Rubbing Macahol New Member

Yeah, on paper I gotta say the reem should be the last hw anyone wants to fight. Still though, good ol lay and pray wrestlers could probably grind him out. He's slick off his back especially for his size, but not slick enough that a decent sub defense game shouldn't overcome.
    test
  14. Rubbing Macahol

I want him to be the best hw of all time though.
    test
  15. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

He needs to put some time into his resume then...

This GP is a start..I'm assuming it will be Werdum, Silva then Barnett.

Solid A list...but for once..I need to see the best SF HW head to the UFC...with Cain and JDS over there it needs to happen..
    test
  16. Rubbing Macahol

Yeah. Kinda hope he's done with k1 now and just puts his time into mma. He's actually a really active fighter and hopefully he takes advantage of what appears to be his best years.
    test
  17. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

He said at some point he was all about the K1 title. Now he's like fuck it and he's out for MMA titles.
    test
  18. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

I couldn't even imagine a fighter logging a K-1 Title, Strikeforce Belt and UFC Belt..
    test
  19. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

For MMA best bet is Strikeforce

WEC had alot of good fights, but since they merged with UFC the fighters have fell off

UFC demands wins >> exiting fights so you get very boring lay n pray or stay away fights where nobody try's to finish or take risks
    test
  20. jayoo

what you mean wec fell off? you say stuff sometimes that catchs me off guard lmao.. wec has only had what 6-7 matchs on ufc cards so far? thats barely anything.. we havent even seen either of the champs yet (135 or 145).. meaning we also havent seen the 2 top contenders.. and we havent seen pettis get in there yet either for 155.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.