FUCK Guitar Center.

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by AllOrNothinEnt, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmoothKuik

SmoothKuik New Member

Seattle > BELLINGHAM! haha anyways, my experiences are cool, they never suggested much to me except helping me test out their monitors.
    test
  2. Damian Banner

Damian Banner New Member

i went in to buy my E-mu 1820M and was recommended to buy a delta 44 and da presonus tube pre.........Nuff said
    test
  3. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

yeah when i used to actually ask them shit, they directed me to get pro tools an conned me into getting the mbox, cuz pro tools was industry standard, an nuendo was trying real hard to keep up, but they couldnt compete an bla bla bla then a few months later, i go back to see about sumthin else, an they are pitching nuendo to me telling me now thats gunna be the new industry thing, and its better than pro tools, just not as widely used yet.

that wasnt as funny as this though. i go into there a few weeks ago as a matter of fact, after ive decided to cop my mpc2000xl, an i figure, lemme ask them about the fantom, before i go an waste money on the xl. so i ask about 5 different poeple.. one of the dudes a guy whos been playing keyboards for over 20 years.. none of them know wat i asked them.. which is pretty damn simple if you ask me. the fantom has 16 pads on it, now, ive tried to have it chop a sample an send it to the 16 pads, an then tap out a melody, like how u do wit an mpc.. but.. the fantom only lets u play a sound if u hold down the pad.. not if u jus tap it.. so u cant really make a melody...especially if u stutter a note. well, i asked them, can u get it to chop liek an mpc? even fucking showed them wat i ment on the floor model.. and not a damn one of them knew. i doubt any of them had even used an mpc before. thats just sad.
    test
  4. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

yeah.. i love skip back sampling... to me, if this was the first machine to have that, then they hit something real big with that feature

but, nah, it doesnt do everything an mpc does, like i said, it cant chop with mono playback.. meaning.. u jus tap the pad..an itll play the sample.. and it keeps playing the full sample until you hit the pad again, or another pad, in which case, the note cuts off an the other note plays
    test
  5. BZTactics

BZTactics Up and Coming

Agreed, the majority of my equipment was bought online, I have a nice array of it right now...

Shure KSM32
    GT Brick
    Yamaha MG10/2 Mixer
    M-Audio Bx8's
    Delta 44
    Xpanders
    Mogami Cables

Eventually I will buy more an upgrade, and I prolly will go to the GC in Seattle eventually, I'm playing another show there in August, so prolly around then. But yeah, B'ham blows, I need to leave this town, I've been rapping for about 8 months of recording, and I'm already one of the best in the town, sad if you ask me, not saying I suck though.
    test
  6. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

i like GC they bought my broken compressor for $100 that I got for free lol. but u gotta go in there with the intent of knowing what u want. The guys around here know me and know when I go in I know exactly what it is that I want and ur not gonna sell me nothin so dont try to kuz I will talk to ur manager and see that u r written up if not fired.
    test
  7. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

word i applied at GC and dude told me at the interview to basically hustle people u dont get paid to sell the most product and will get in trouble for not movin furniture(tritons and shit) then he wouldnt hire me kuz he said I was over qualified yet I had only been fuckin wit beats and audio for 6 months lol
    test
  8. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

ur probably better off just shoppin in canada tho aint u i mean shit ur so close to the boarder u can get all kinds of shit there for cheaper anyway
    test
  9. PG-13

PG-13 Kiss My Ass

< Licensed Retailer here :)
    test
  10. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

^^yeah.. if you can explain how, be my guest, cuz apparently you know sumthing that everyone on here, ughh, fantomized, the manual, and guitar center dont lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.