FUCK Guitar Center.

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by AllOrNothinEnt, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AllOrNothinEnt

AllOrNothinEnt Retired from Rapmusic.com

I have come to the conclusion, that everyone working there, are nerdy ass teenagers who don't know SHIT about equipment, and only reccomend items that aren't selling well, so they can cop the commission.

If people here at RM suggest something, and we all come to the same conclusion, and you hit up GC, and they come out of left field, with something totally different, ignore them.

For example..

Ill called, and they said the 1820 was as good as the 1820M.
    Now that's funny, because ANYONE who's ever reviewed either in the history of E-Mu's launching of them, seems to all agree on one thing...the 1820M holds better quality.
    WOW.
    Now GC claims while the converters are diff, the quality is the same.
    This makes me wanna beat the fuck out of the dude who told him that.

Another example, I was emailed about 3 months ago, buy a kid from another message board, who went in to buy an E-Mu 1212M, and GC reccomends a Delta 44 instead, because "supposedly" the converters were worlds better, and E-Mu had a history of being shitty.
    Once again, complete lies.

Now I myself, have noticed, I used to go into GC, to purchase cables, Mogami infact, and I was directed to buy some BULLSHIT Waves cable, or whatever the fuck those cockchuggers called it, and they proceeded to tell me that those wave cables, were the best in the industry.
    So I told the kid to get the fuck out of my face.

FUCK GC, Boycott those motherfuckers.
    test
  2. AllOrNothinEnt

AllOrNothinEnt Retired from Rapmusic.com

One more thing..before you think you can't get the item you WANTED, JUST because GC or wherever is close to you, and they dont have it..stop and slap yaself.

Go to froogle.com, search for your product, by lowest to highest, and find the lowest price.
    Now head to music123, 8thstreet, etc, email them the link, and ask them to beat it.

They'll save you 10%, you can mail them a money order, and get the item you really wanted, not just what GC pushes on you.
    test
  3. KnightMere

KnightMere KnightMere

yea yo AON they called me back recommented the fuckin tascam fw-1804 im like i wasent even looking for that. they said its better than the e-mu(which is might be because its 600 bills) but still they dont kno wht there tlkin about
    test
  4. Fice 727

Fice 727 New Member

id like to add something to that as well....first of all im with u FUK THOSE PUSSY ASS wonna b musicians....they had me in every part of the store today claiming "this is the best" this is good....and i acted like i dident kno my head from my ass to see what kind of BS they will show me....than i told some guy i was lookin for a internal soundcard....that man brought me a m-audio interface lol....im like internal u dick....neways dont listen to those bitches
    test
  5. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

i once went into a store looking to buy something, i dont remember what it was, but i ended up getting recommended a two channel behringer mixer with the claim that "seriously, its what the pros use in their studios"

i laughed at the guy so hard he quit his job haha
    test
  6. KhanDST

KhanDST New Member

haha www.sweetwater.com hahaha yea i go to gc, but i dont feel like im getting helped i feel like im getting raped...im tired of sales ppl, i mainly go there to test stuff out b4 i buy it
    test
  7. PhelonLogik

PhelonLogik Street Pharmacist

GS also recommended me Behringer, cock suckers.
    test
  8. Atrocidy

Atrocidy ALL HAIL ATROCIDY

agreeeeeed

Truth ^
    The only plus side of stores is u can test shit out
    but if ur looking to buy something.. ask them to hook u up with a "Michael is innocent" shirt .. cause either way ur an idiot if u walk out that store with a bag.. might as well go all out
    test
  9. |Tech|

|Tech| New Member

I bet they be wearing those geeky ass looking glasses. Also, if you tell them you can get the emu-1212 for $170, they will look at you and be like, "Why are the hell you telling me for'. We only sell it for $200.

Then you'll see a 40 year-old man, that work there, in the background, waving his head like you just did something wrong. You know how they be looking when they figure you don't have enough money. They start walking around, looking like Jerry Springer.

I'm gonna definitely buy a guitar from them. You know the kind that shoot out bullets? Well thats the one I'm gonna be holding, when I walk out that mothafucka!
    test
  10. Atrocidy

Atrocidy ALL HAIL ATROCIDY

^^^
    lol @ going postal in a guitar shop ...
    CNN: "its was inevitable...."
    test
  11. KnightMere

KnightMere KnightMere

haha i just got back from GC and got my fuckin 1820m and bailed the fuck out
    test
  12. A-Twizzie

A-Twizzie New Member

the deals are good in there...but you gotta know a little somting about, what you want...i go in there wanting a preamp...i walk out wit a behringer mixer lol.
    test
  13. Kaotic33

Kaotic33 Owns You

they wanted to charge me $32 for a 3ft mogami gold mic cable

they sell 6 ft mogami cable cable for like $28

i told em i can get a longer cable for less and they didn't believe me so i asked em up to load up the internet so i can prove it and those fuckers didnt even have internet although they have a few computers.
    test
  14. Mr. Verbalist

Mr. Verbalist How am I doin?

I asked a guy about wharfedale 8.2's and he said "Those aren't mons, they're bookshelf speakers" ... Yes, they're known to be bookshelf speakers, but the fucker didn't do his research to know that they make mons as well.

Froogle.com what aon said .. :)
    test
  15. SubSymphony

SubSymphony New Member

Tips for shopping at Guitar Center:

if you know what you want, find the best price online, print it, bring it in, show the salesperson, and tell them you want the Guitar Center "guaranteed lowest price."

if you know what you want, tell the salesperson "I don't want anything else, I want this."

if the salesperson sounds like they don't know what they are talking about, ask to talk to the GC Pro salesman or their manager.

Guitar Center is a corporation, the salespeople make money off of what you buy. If you walk into the place expecting something else, you'll probably leave pissed off.

I guarantee that every salesperson there doesn't consider it their job to teach you audio. Everyone is concerned about getting the most money out of you in the shortest time.

Wake up and rub the sand out of your pussy.
    test
  16. Mr. Verbalist

Mr. Verbalist How am I doin?

Or the sand out of your chode.
    test
  17. Loced-Out

Loced-Out LoCed-Out aKa L-O

yeeh. i went there once. they recomennded me i think some Fostexx mons for like 500. and the guy said that those mons are used in real studios, and that hes worked in studios all hes life and alot of people use them.,then i asked him about the wharf's and they told me that wharf's they dont think that they make mons and they started makin fun of the name and started makin fun of me cuz i said those were better. =(
    test
  18. BZTactics

BZTactics Up and Coming

We don't have a local GC, but all the music stores have a lack of equipment and they're all anti hip hop people so they all talk down to me, I swear, Bellingham sells barely anything of quality music wise.
    test
  19. Civilian2004

Civilian2004 New Member

guitar center has recommended some weak products to me. the only thing i got from them that i like is the ksm27, and they aint recommend that, that was something i had planned on buying a long time ago.
    test
  20. SubSymphony

SubSymphony New Member

Bellingham is horrible, figure out what you want and hit me up at the Seattle store.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.