"fuck all this technical bullshit" - redman

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Oshea, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oshea

Oshea Member

just watched an interview on mtv base with redman in london, these words are so true

"hip hops not dead,but it is dieing because people seem to think the longer the words or the more clever the meaning makes them a better rapper, i think it makes them a fucking nerd, people dont use them words when they talk to there friends or there girl, the internet got people looking up words that rhyme that they dont even know the meaning of, fuck all this technical bullshit you aint never hear tupac talking about fucking atoms and shit"

words to those effects

that is another reason why he is my favourite rapper of all time
    test
  2. swpstateofmind

swpstateofmind i got da burna

Redman is one of the BEST to ever do it. So underrated.
    test
  3. Bleach...

Bleach... Put me in your markers...

Spoken like a true old guy.

"I don't like this new thing. We did it differently before."
    test
  4. Derelict

Derelict my balls

1:43
    [youtube]mREfaldskFw[/youtube]
    test
  5. TsirhCitna

TsirhCitna New Member

i'm having a hard time believing this isn't sarcasm

obviously a 40 year old man that still says shit like 'people dont use them words' is going to think like this. is this a joke?

them big words aint being used by normal peeps
    test
  6. TsirhCitna

TsirhCitna New Member

oops, no article. i'm dumb.
    test
  7. r00k_is_rap

r00k_is_rap Well-Known Member

"bro chain of evolution isnt the correct scientific term. that makes the whole line untrue and garbage. according to biology 101 class in my community college I lear..."
    test
  8. SKATTERBRAIN

SKATTERBRAIN U R a L

but he rolls with keith murray tho
    test
  9. swpstateofmind

swpstateofmind i got da burna

Okay.

I think Redman is one of the best rappers of all time, and he is always underrated when ppl talk top-whatever lists.
    test
  10. DahStoryTella

DahStoryTella knowledge of self

That's a pretty stupid quote, but I somewhat agree; ignorant, childish, but understandable.
    test
  11. BITmafakka

BITmafakka GS palmin' the m1 garand

that is some bullshit that stupid people pull as an excuse for not being good anymore

"Man rap aint about big words and being intelligent or rhyming more than one syllable, its all about the hip hop and the hip hip hop and hippety to hoppety hippety hop"

theres a reason rap aint the same as it was in the 80s, if you dont like it yous can fuck right off
    test
  12. TheRealDetour

TheRealDetour @therealdetour

lmao i fully agree...

that said, redman be up on game with the vocab an multies an metaphors, so i don't really know why he's hatin on that...unless he's referrin to backpackers that say shit like "the molecular quantization of qualms i'm blazin will hunt you down like rednecks when fawn are grazin"...

malpractice 2001>many, many other albums...
    test
  13. Mr Zenith

Mr Zenith Synergy Entertainment

some of you people are quick to agree to redmans statement and shit, but 5 minutes later your talking about how rhyme asylum is the illest shit out there... rhyme asylum have done 0 real tracks, talking about shit thats happened to them? 0 tracks. talking about how their hot flow scorches boulders and gets the planets moving and shit like that? 50 tracks.
    so why do you like them and mould your whole rap style to do what they do (like 80% of upcoming UK artists right now)? I'll tell you why, because you are just like rhyme asylum, you are bedroom rappers. you aint done or seen shit in your lives...

now go and cry
    test
  14. Enigman

Enigman PIG LORD

yo on some real shit there is NOTHING wrong with being nice technically, having a wide vocabulary, innovative rhyme scheme, wordplay, all that shit... the problem is that 95% of people misuse the FUCK out of it and try to substitute it for actually bringing your soul to the music

being nice technically is fantastic if you use your abilities to express your character/personality/soul in the BEST way possible. People need to understand that an average technician who puts his personality on the line is incomparably more attractive then the NICEST technical MC who doesnt bring a beating heart to his music. as borderline queer/pretentious as that shit sounds.

Its like when cats praise big L (he gotta be one of the biggest influences to alot of battle rappers) they mention his fucking punchlines, flow, multies all that shit and say it's why hes the illest.

NO motherfucker, big L is the illest because he brings his character undiluted to every single track, all those other factors are just mannifestations of the time he spent due to love of the art. thats why when cats bite big L's style its so fucking repugnant cuz of their insipid personalities/lack of life experience

bottom line is if you aint a creative person take up another hobby like golf or something. that being said though i think its more enjoyable to spend your time concerned with what you DO like then what you dont

bang
    test
  15. KimboKing

KimboKing New Member

It think there should be a good mix tbh

but i agree with the sentiment

techincalitys shoudl coemafter prescence/ swagger wghich Redman has more of than any other rapper

Redman is criminally underated. GREAT rapper........
    test
  16. WuTangintheCut

WuTangintheCut Well-Known Member

Dead at anyone who thinks Redman isnt one of the best ever.
    test
  17. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

Interesting opinion, although wrong.

Redman is a great rapper. Doesn't make his opinion any more valid though tbf
    test
  18. JerzisGod

JerzisGod Wavy Jones

Can we ban tsiracist already jesus its obvious this guy is racist
    test
  19. hewannabejigga

hewannabejigga New Member

Redman is one of the greatest. His first 3 albums are classics and I guarantee he is on your fav rapper's top 5 list.
    test
  20. lizphair

lizphair Yippy Yippy

u saying he isn't?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.