Fruity OR Reason????

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Prime, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prime

Prime Ur Spouses Are In Danger

I am about to venture into the art of making beats lol……

I have been given both Fruity and Reason!

What would I be best to focus on learning and using? For what reasons?

Is there any sites, people that can give me links to tutorials on using these programs.

I have a keyboard, which I will use for my midi interface.

Any help would be appreciated!
    test
  2. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

neither is really better just different concepts behind them. Most people will tell u fruity I learned on Reason but it all depends on ur workflow and how u work. If ur rappin also u may want to take a look at Ableton Live it operates similar to fruity loops but is a smaller program and a bit more indepth plus it has both kinds of sequencers incase u like one over the other
    test
  3. AllOrNothinEnt

AllOrNothinEnt Retired from Rapmusic.com

I know alot of people who hate FL, because they don't have the common sense to figure it out.
    Both are good, I learned on FL a long time ago.

I don't know if you've heard of 40 Oz Productions, Ive known the dude a long time, and I'm sure DZK knows him too, but he used to use FL like a muthafucka.
    test
  4. Syntax_Mastery

Syntax_Mastery Emcee/Producer/Engineer

Fruity Reason

why not use both?

rewire is magic man.

i use fruity loops, and nuendo.
    test
  5. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

common sense is subjective. r u talkin bout they are too lazy to figure out the program or that it works in a common sense fashion. I find it to be unlogical compared to Reason, Acid, or Live. I took the time to figure out the program also. I think people dont take the time to learn other programs kuz they dont have the common sense or drive to learn it.
    test
  6. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

I Use Fl's.. But Its All On Preference.. I'm Not Gonna Get Into This Verses Shit Anymore
    test
  7. doctah

doctah I know how to do that...

I think people hate on fruity loops because it has a gay ass name and a cartoon looking interface...but maybe that's just me...

I'd like reason better if they got rid of all the graphical crap. Give me a text box...maybe a few sliders. I don't need it to look like wanna be hardware. Fuck it...give me a DOS box and call it a day....but I'm sure I'm well in the minority on that one.
    test
  8. Prime

lol ^

Thanks, am a def check out Ableton Live to.
    test
  9. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

hahahaha

programing beats in DOS eh....that could take a while

why not just encode them in binary? :):
    test
  10. Ray Digga

Ray Digga NeosulOSkoolAbstrkHipHop

If you use hardware before....you will take to Reason relatively quick...

Digga
    test
  11. Syntax_Mastery

i sell beats for $5000 that i made with fruity loops. They are ill ass beats. Im not just using default fruity loops shit tho. Im using alot of different stuff, i have like 6000 dollars worth of vst instruments, and kits and shit. You can make original shit easy in fruity loops... i really dont understand why people bash either program, they're both great...

i like reasons soundbank system, i use that when i need to find a certain sound the other instruments dont have

good night.
    test
  12. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

fruity>reason for sampling
    test
  13. Prime

test
  14. Prime

looks like my quote box didnt work.... lol^
    test
  15. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

lol @ buying fruity loops and fruity loops accessories
    test
  16. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

lmao

Dr. Rex + Recycle = wayyy better than fruity
    test
  17. Syntax_Mastery

you gotta look around man...
    i have had sounds for years upon years...

you can find some people who sell sounds for cheap, and some real expenisive packs too... you just gotta shop around.
    test
  18. SmiRk

SmiRk Logic or Death

FL seems to be the one that is most recommended for the early starters, but that in no way means that its a less capable program. Software is software, when it comes down to it. I haven't used Reasons, and I use FL for almost evey project that I do - minus some specific splicing and what not.

Find the best samples/sfx/drums/noises/kits that you can, whether from the producer's help section or somewhere else on your own, and just start building. I think a big problem with FL is that less experienced producers think they know everything, and refuse to do any reading up on its capabilities.

But since you asked which one to use, you shouldn't have problems asking for tips and shit.
    test
  19. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

software is software somewhat but some software is better than others that is true. U also have to take into account what comes with the software for example. U cant use plug ins in reason but it has its own sounds and fx that work great but u can get more out of them if u get to know sound design. For a fast answer try Fruity Loops, Acid, Cubase or Live. I personally think Acid is a way easier program for beats than Fruity and should be looked at by more newbs but its heavily slept on. Acid is as easy as copy and paste. Its very user friendly and just about everything in Acid can be controlled with ur mouse if u so choose
    test
  20. Prime

When you say people…. Would this be your regular music store i.e. Sound Control ( I would imagine they would sell the dearer sounds) where would I be looking to find cheaper ones, smaller retailers, the net ???

Naw, I’m most defo a novice on this subject.

Thing is though, I downloaded the full version of FL 5. And I’ve tried reading up on its capabilities on the Fruity site, but you need to be a registered user, anyway around this?….. Also the version I have seems to be working to its full potential, but then again I don’t know its full potential so I’m not sure if there will be any restrictions eg. Some sounds don’t play or etc….

So basically if I got the cash would I be best to purchase the program???

As for Acid, I’m defiantly formulary with that….. Although I didn’t know you could make beats etc on it ??

Thanks for all help given..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.