Fruity Loops.. a dead end street for producers??

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Cowrecked, Oct 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

lol what the hell are u talking about?
    test
  2. FREEZYSHOP

FREEZYSHOP LEEFREEZY

Fuck The Loops.. I Rather Beat On A Desk
    test
  3. kojo

kojo New Member

well dude has a point if FL is used standalone and the user is "mousing-it". that shit is gay lol. but if youre using a keyboard with knobs/pads, vsts, and hardware racks, then thats different. having used FL, Reason, an MPC 1000 (but dont own it right now), and cubase there are some things one does better than the others. In the future I see FL and Reason more as a "sketchpad" or extra tools for my work when i add more hardware to my setup.
    test
  4. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

agreed. theres nothin wrong with using some software but Im wit urb on this one in a way too. too many mafuckas talkin bout FL all the damn time. Nobody gives a fuck about the fruit but them cats. Truth is nothing out there is the best. Good and Bad are just opinions and in the real world opinions are worthless. We all know the sayin if it dont make dollars then it dont make sense and in this case use what works for u but dont get mad at a me for not likin what u use and stop floodin threads wit fl shit in unfl related threads. cats havin conversations about the mv8000 cats run in sayin its just fruity loops in a box. WTF! that shits outta line but then they get mad when people say Fuck The Fruit.
    test
  5. sylentmind

sylentmind OHIOS BACK

test
  6. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

^ you and how many other people?

mothafuckas is so defensive it's sickening
    test
  7. Cowrecked

Cowrecked Nasty Chopz

its just funny that a lot of the cats backin up fruity probably never even worked with anythin else so they wouldnt even know how much more you can do with better equipment..
    test
  8. HeadSick

HeadSick Ill Legitamate

why do you think it cost only a fraction.....

and differntly i know people have dumped tracks at a studio usieng FL so maybe its your studio thats behind other studios
    test
  9. SmiRk

SmiRk Logic or Death

9th Wonder uses Fruity Loops, and Fruity Loops only. He's even been quoted as saying he can't fuck with anything else. He also uses Cool Edit, which is another program thats not "industry standard."

So, its all in how you use it.
    test
  10. kojo

kojo New Member

well thats true for a bunch of cats in here...as for me...ive used an mpc 1000 and other big name DAWs (cubase sx, sonar 4, ableton live), its cool when you go to a tech college, theres a lot of tech-fiends & musicians that have access to this shit. anyway, everybody's workflow is different, its too subjective to say something is "better" than another at times. ill use myself as an example...cubase+kontakt with a keyboard on paper seems superior to the mpc 1000 on paper, but i had more fun with the mpc. but its much much faster loading FL up and getting everything looped up with the "right drums" than cubase (this is when im NOT composing). it would take a lot longer to do that with the mpc, because id have to scroll through a bunch of programs (the new OS will fix this tho), do trial-n-error, and then theres no auto-chromatic, which all the software programs have. but the mpc costs more than all of em. Sonar is as quick as FL but it isnt as good at midi editing. Ableton has a cool setup but i only like it when im remixing a beat ive already made (i.e: Reason). to me, they all serve a purpose, id rather have em all and take advantage of their strengths instead of only having one and being stuck with its short-comings.
    test
  11. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

9th uses an sp1200 for the LAST TIME

he screamin fruity so he can get kickback cash from them....

ya'll can believe if u want....but an inside source has told me this a long ass time ago.......
    test
  12. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

hes also admitted to using Pro Tools on the minstreal show and that was a big reason behind the quality difference not a direct quote but its basically what he said yea he uses fruityloops but hes tried other shit and went back to fruity ur argument is irrelevant
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.