Fruity Loops.. a dead end street for producers??

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Cowrecked, Oct 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

half that issue tho is the fact that fruity loops users are so defensive they feel the need to back up fruity loops yet most of the time its them who go around sayin u dont need this or that kuz u can do it all with fruity loops there was an mv8000 thread not too long ago and nggas was runnin in talkin bout how ur better off wit the fruit. nobody bashes reason kuz reason is a dope program and never nobody has ever really questioned that. its one of the few programs that got it right the 1st time around. i agree that cats shit on fl a lil too much but u cant say that sometimes the users dont bring it on themselves.
    test
  2. Dskillz

Dskillz aka MG The Future

its not excusing anything though.

it is what it is...

an induistry producer..uses FL
    test
  3. Mr. sickVisionz

Mr. sickVisionz The Gentleman's Producer

No lie, I don't think you've really spent any time with FL. Like not even ten minutes. Alot of the stuff you said is just inaccurate. Especially about the effects. Its VST and DirectX compatible. That alone makes the "i mean lets face it, the effects you can get for FL aint nearly half as hot as what you can have on hardware or other software programs such as logic.." Cuz you can load the same VST/DX effects into Logic, Cubase, Sonar, Digital Performer, etc, FL, Project 5... and most plugins have a RTAS/TDM version so you can go and add Pro Tools to that list.

Thats a big one man. Like an obvious thing that you missed which hurts the credibility of everything else you say. Its like saying the MPC sucks, listing a bunch of technical sounding reasons and then saying, "it doesn't even have a sequencer." You miss something that basic... how can really listen to the high level shit you say its missing?

LOL @ the sampler being bad when all it does is play back .wav files. You say you can't fuck with the sequences in the playlist... but you can. Thats like another basic function of the program that you totally missed and are knocking it for not having (despite the fact that it does indeed have it).

I don't know if its the name or what, but FL is like the most randomnly hated on program on the planet. Hated on to the point where people aren't even knocking it for shit thats actually wrong with it, they just make up shit to knock it about. Its sad man, cuz theres alot of shit that could be way better in FL, but you'll knock it cuz you "can't" edit sequences in the playlist... even though you can actually edit sequences in the playlist.

.. i know theres people that make dope beats on fruity loops but when they stand in front of a hardware sequencer they dont even know where the power buttons at..

I doubt that. At the end of the day, all sequencers basically operate the same way. Also, what does it matter? If an MPC user can't work the MV8000 that well at first, does that mean the MPC is wack? No. It means you don't know how to work the MV-8000. And if you don't plan on using the MV8000, what does it matter if you don't know how to work it off the rip?

You say its not compatible with other hardware/programs then later on you say that you can use Rewire to connect it to other programs... that doesn't sound like an incompatibility to me... especially when almost every software program is rewire compatible.
    test
  4. Dskillz

Dskillz aka MG The Future

^ Atomic - 1

Thread starter - -100
    test
  5. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

its an excuse for them to. more industry heads are using mpcs does that mean that they should get that too. they always run on the 9th wonder thing but dont back up anything about the program itself. its always about well heres who uses it. heres what they have done ect. why not back up the program with what it is? not with who uses it? theres a couple hot cats who use fl and a lot more weak ones that dont make it a good program that means theres a few cats thats good wit it.
    test
  6. crazyfoo

crazyfoo New Member

I think it's more arguing the point of "No-one in the industry uses FL".. The features argument is different and you'd be pretty retarded to bring up 9th wonder when talking about fl's features
    test
  7. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

hahahaha

that n1gga said a "melody clicker" rofl

thats some funny shit

sig material
    test
  8. Mr. sickVisionz

Mr. sickVisionz The Gentleman's Producer

You guys are on some wild shit man. To say FL is limiting... I don't get that. What are the limits? What walls have you ran into when using the program? Half of the cats spent 10 minutes with it, didn't make a banger and labeled it trash. They never actually attempted to learn it. Well yeah, if you don't even try to learn the basics of something you're gonna run into a bunch of artificial limits...

Limits like thinking the effects are limiting... cuz you missed that you can load up the same VST/DX effects that every other major software program uses.

You'll hit limits like you can't edit the sequences in the playlist... cuz you just didn't click a button.

You'll hit limits like it doesn't work well with hardware... cuz you don't have a clue as to what MIDI even is yet let alone how to even do the physical connections between your PC and your gear.

You'll hit limits like "you can only click shit in"... until you realise that companies make these things that control MIDI (also known as MIDI Controllers).

They'll say it doesn't work well with other software programs... cuz they never read up about ReWire or just exporting each mixer track to its own audio file.

There are actually alot things worth complaining about with FL. Things like "why doesn't it export in 24-bit," which is becoming a standard now. You could complain about how the mixer sometimes won't use the channel name as a file name when recording. Theres tons of legitimate things to complain about and knock FL for, but nobody ever says this type of stuff. All they complain about is the lack of features that are actually basic functions of the program.
    test
  9. crazyfoo

crazyfoo New Member

No-one complains about the legimate problems because they dont use it that in-depth... FL does have many many bugs
    test
  10. Phoenix5891

Phoenix5891 T.S.K.

Good post but

"You could complain about how the mixer sometimes won't use the channel name as a file name when recording. "
    Mr. sickVisionz

I'm not following.What do you mean?

And FL does export 24 bit by the way...
    test
  11. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

lol yall got xabition on the other side nuff said lol
    test
  12. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

loool if u really look at whos on what side as far as hot beats uve got urban on the non fl squad premize doesnt count cuz ive seen him say fl was good for sampling i wish i had saved it. the side of quality seems to be the fl side. a wack producer is a wack producer no matter what they are using thats all that should matter.
    test
  13. P R I M O

Right now I'm on the FL squad.

But damnit i'll be on the MPC squad again soon
    test
  14. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

you would think that but people knock fl itself and then sure enough someone else will say but 9th wonder uses it while everyone else is sayin its limited. I wouldnt say its limited so much (besides that u can only use one midi controller that would piss me off kuz Im goin on my 4th) I just think of fruity loops like an all in one printer (or anything else that does all in one for that matter) it doesnt do it as well as something dedicated and geared more towards one thing. From what Ive heard and experienced is that fls strong suit is sampling. Yes u can compose in it but its not as easy as it could be. Thats probabaly why a vast majority of the users sample.
    test
  15. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

lol no Ive had an open mind about the program for a minute. I still dont care for it but I like pattern sequencing I downloaded it not too long ago to check out its sampling capabilities but then thought about it and said hey "I dont care for time stretching and its almost a pitch bend anyway fuck this Ill pitch it in reason lol" but one big thing I do hate about it is the interface. It aint logical to me but thats just how I think. Alot of people say Reason is hard and its childs play to me. I figured out some basics in Reason as a newb with no help in a few days. Yall aint turn me on shit but I am open minded and always have been and truthfully Ive never really gave a fuck what anyone uses I just dont like the program it self. Plus its funny to see how many people throw a fit over the fact that u say Fuck Fruity Loops and throw up one of these
    [​IMG]
    test
  16. P R I M O

The funny thing is

If you down Fruity Loops and take the Reason side... the same Fruity Loop people will ignore it.

But if you down Fruity Loops and take the MPC or other hardware side... they'll swear you are the dumbest person in the world for buying hardware.

The wack n1ggas that use FL is too broke too afford anything else.

The tight n1ggas that use FL is too stubborn and naive to use anything else.

And people like me are just using it for now.
    test
  17. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

ral has the best credits out of anyone here and he uses fl, no one on here backing up the little fruity loops is wack has done anything.
    test
  18. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

exactly.
    test
  19. P R I M O

Don't let that whole "9th wonder uses Fruity Loops" shit get to ya'll. Cause his shit is gettin mastered professionally. Hell, Young Guru himself mastered the "Threat" beat

The beats on "The Listening" sounded like ass. The mixes were horrible, but his beats were tight enough to overlook that. Along with Phonte and Pooh ridin over them.

But I'm tired of people usin 9th as a FL God when his shit gets mastered professionally.
    test
  20. BlaZeDemBeaTz

BlaZeDemBeaTz 5 Letters - YMCMB

this aint crips n bloods...even though youd think it was...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.