Fruity Loops.. a dead end street for producers??

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Cowrecked, Oct 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cowrecked

Cowrecked Nasty Chopz

now that i'm goin to school im workin with real good equipment and the more i do i notice that fruity loops aint compatible with any "industry standard" software programs or hardware.. i really aint hatin but producers only make themselves limited usin this typa programs.. i know theres people that make dope beats on fruity loops but when they stand in front of a hardware sequencer they dont even know where the power buttons at.. i mean lets face it, the effects you can get for FL aint nearly half as hot as what you can have on hardware or other software programs such as logic.. the midi remote control is garbage.. fruity aint even got a good sampler unless you rewire it or some shit.. the sequencer itself is pretty bad as well, can't even fuck with the sequences on the playlist.. so many things on FL are missin that are needed to make a beat that much better.. anyways, i think whoever uses fruity loops and is not plannin on ever gettin themselves better equipment is goin down a dead end street......
    test
  2. Dskillz

Dskillz aka MG The Future

Thanks for the obvious acknowledgement of the year thread.

However, that works both ways - some people who only know a MPC... have no idea how to start up a Daw and dump and track out and properly mix their tracks.

This "theory" you suggest - is in "General" and not limited to fruity loops.

There is ASR users - some of whom dont expand the memory or get other equipment - are limited to the corny patches the sample to compose "melodies"

Nothing ...hardware or software is fully standalone.

But this is HIP HOP... FL makes hip hop, MPC makes hip hop, ASR Makes Hip Hop, EJay makes hip hop.

What you are talking about is real technical - and no one in the industry looking for beats really cares how you made it.

And i sample and sequence just fine in FL such as

Info
    Pheonix
    Ozone
    RAL
    Maestro
    Track Bangas
    ACP
    NOVA
    Da Cypha
    Wyshmaster
    Showdown
    Nas550
    NIP
    Sincere

wait a minute....what were you saying about logic again ?
    test
  3. ral4ever1985

ral4ever1985 CHETA

yeah a dead end street huh? well fl got me 3 tracks with chingy 1 with luda and 2 with trackstarz.................streets seem very cool to me
    test
  4. Cowrecked

Cowrecked Nasty Chopz

^^ that still doesnt make fruity loops any better... no doubt you can lay down dope beats on fruity loops, i never said that thats impossible.. all i said is that fruity loops is very limitin... fruity loops, in my opinion, is way behind other softwares and hardwares so why use it on every beat? i mean even i go back to it sometimes if i know that thats all ima need to use, but dont think it helps producers progress as much as other programs could..

and yes this is not only limited to FL .. it could be either way...
    test
  5. Dskillz

Well why not limit yourself to it if it works ? As RAL acknowledges.
    test
  6. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

Info hasnt been usin fruity loops for damn near a year now.......
    test
  7. urban_tactics

Amen....
    test
  8. Dskillz

.... no comment.

But lets tickle this theory - and goto a year ago...

he was still banging then when he dropped that 40 beat update after his year hiatus.
    test
  9. Dskillz

^ is anyone catching this
    test
  10. urban_tactics

yeah, but then he saw the light........
    test
  11. Dskillz

.... FL Studio 5
    test
  12. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

i beg to differ....
    test
  13. urban_tactics

who uses that?

i'm talkin bout info

i wish all the luck to Ral...but, he is not a reason why somebody should stick with fruity loops....

u cant use extreme exceptions as an example of anything unless its for its rarity......
    test
  14. urban_tactics

its hard enough gettin in the game...and u basically make it harder by not applying yourself to learn the basic equipment of a standard studio........u basically fuckin urself over......and u really killin your OWN dexterity by subjecting yourself to a single garbage ass program and not bothering to learn how to use other things...i call it ignorance...
    test
  15. Dskillz

^ Ignorance is bliss

And getting in the game is different then selling beats to people in the game

You odnt have to be in THEIR studio to give them beats for their project.

I know a few producers who just sell....ghost produced or whatever

and living just fine in their PC Setup.
    test
  16. BANE206

BANE206 New Member

wow...............This topic is beat to death for real. You can polish a turd, but at the end of the day its still a turd. you can make a turdish beat with hardware or software. that is good you are going to school but at the end of the day, whether you use hardware or software will only effect you if you open your studio to the public. and if that is the case your studio shoud be able to accept projects on both platforms.

At this point in the digital age, every commercial project has software used on it at some point in the process.
    test
  17. Bash

Bash New Member

I doubt anybody in the industry cares about wether you're using Fruity Loops or not as long as you're making dope beats
    test
  18. Cowrecked

Cowrecked Nasty Chopz

^^ where yo been??!! this aint between hardware and software... its FL vs software and hardware
    test
  19. Phoenix5891

Phoenix5891 T.S.K.

I vote for all Fruity Loops threads such as this to be deleted from here on....
    test
  20. Cowrecked

Cowrecked Nasty Chopz

and i YES you can make dope beats usin FL.. its just hella wack when people start to only produce on it...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.