"Freestyle" the movie feat. mos def, clips of craig g vs supnat

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by phillipdrummond, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phillipdrummond

phillipdrummond get at me for footage

test
  2. Mistake

Mistake Dougie Darko

my mates Bliss n Eso are in this film its GOOD!!
    test
  3. Mistake

Mistake Dougie Darko

ohhh and they showed it at this indie cinema down here
    a couple of months ago when we had the Sydney Hip Hop film festival..

arrrrrrgghh Our Country is so much beeter than yours.. hehehe
    test
  4. Mistake

Mistake Dougie Darko

^^ before anyone gets the shits.. It is!!
    test
  5. zirus

zirus quality hiphop dot com

sounds amazing, will it get pressed to DVD?
    test
  6. MicMyth

MicMyth Active Member

yeah I saw it at a film festival a few years ago. its very good.
    test
  7. phillipdrummond

speak went to see it tonight in LA, ironically the last screening is tonight...shitty for me.
    test
  8. speak

speak New Member

^ the movie its self was interesting on how it tied the rhythmic patterns of freestyling to that of southern preachers and how they deliver sremons. The film also includeed the roots of freestyling which im sure everyone knows is spoken word, by giving candid footage of the lost poets and showing some of their performance art from the 60's. The film its self was fascinating but this is obviously a film that has been many years in the works by highlighting the supernats battle with juice as something new... and i think the audiance wasnt familiar it as well becuase when the footage was shown and they heard the punchlines they were all amazed and the theater was filled with "ohhhs". Craig G and Supernats battle at the lyricist lounge was shown as well. I had always known about it but never actually saw the footage and the audio that circulates on the net is never clear but with this footage allthe dope lines are clearly heard. The expression on supernats face is classic as craig g rips into him. Bobbito adds some funny commentry when he says "up untill that point i dont think supernatural had ever lost an mc battle"...then they show a close up of supernats mouth wide open. They also menton after that battle supernats carrear went down the drain as he then went on to lose his deal and to this day has never really recorded a hit or a decent song. The saddest part was footage of nat watching and re watching the tape of his loss to craig g. Alot of love was given to the west coast as the film does have good interviews (old mid-late 90's) with aceyalone, freestyle fellowship, living ledgends as well as jurassic 5 and a brief history about the good life cafe and project blowed. One last thing that caught my eye was a clip of Cee For battling madusa...
    test
  9. phillipdrummond

oh shit! lots of good footage in this. it'd be dope if they had that mack 10 vs charli2na battle...
    test
  10. F. Konscience

F. Konscience OmnipotentBuddahSmoker

did anyone mention where this can be coped?
    test
  11. speak

speak New Member

as far as i know its not out yet on dvd...infact from what i gather its still a work in progress as each version of the film that has been shown differs from time to time
    test
  12. jinks

jinks Soy tu oportunidad!

test
  13. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

damn was that footage of craig g and supernat?
    test
  14. phillipdrummond

yeah I think it was. man I REALLY want to see this movie. bo-rat have the hip hop club co-sponsor this and bring it to campbell hall!!! free blunts and 40's at the door!
    test
  15. speak

speak New Member

^ ya the film has the story, footage, and audio for both times craig g battled battled supernat, first time i saw the footage so im guessing non of u guys have it. Both battles were held at lyricist lounges in nyc according to the film. The footage is pretty ill, funny how in the first battle craig g and supernat look the same with their dreadlocks and cross colors wardrobe
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.