Freestyle Flows Well....

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by StAtUs CoUnCiL, Jul 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StAtUs CoUnCiL

StAtUs CoUnCiL SLaNtEd[ - - ]EyEs

When I freestyle I can keep a dope flow although the lyrics aren't as good...

But when I write it's like the exact opposite...my lyrics are good but then my flow is WHACK...

WTF is wrong wit me? I'm still having major problem keeping a straight flow...

Someone help me out...
    test
  2. 808MC

808MC I HAVE ASIAN PENIS

lmfao wierd..
    test
  3. Busta

Busta New Member

I think alot of people find this status... the thing is when you freestyle you are flowing far more natural and not trying to hard.. when you write you try and fit your message in and that over componsates for the flow.

A good think to try is to practice freestyling over the beat you intend to write your next song over. I find this helps alot.. try different things out with your flow, trust me you'll come up with some cool ideas of how to switch it up.

Plus it will get the general rhytem lodged in your brain ...and you'll get to know it really well.

I think the main problem with alot of emcee's is they get stuck into their writing so much.. that they go lines without practicing what it sounds like on the beat. It's allways important to practice the few lines you just wrote then carry on with your next few lines.

Bottom line is ...alot of people do this, your not on your own, hope this helped a little.
    test
  4. Joey Jooks

Joey Jooks UnderDog!

^^^^Very True^^^^^
    test
  5. LORD Imperial

LORD Imperial New Member

word, i totally agree
    test
  6. Unity

Unity New Member

Yeah, I used to flow well before I got into lyricism then my flow fell way the fuck off. I'm tryin to work on finding a balance, nice lyrics and a smooth flow.

Write what you gotta say first, then go back and edit it so everything falls into place into a nice n tight flow. Just keep spittin it over and over again, if it aint cool, fix it, and you'll eventually find it.
    test
  7. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

Ya True [look]
    test
  8. hater_one

hater_one Toxic Consumer

What i do incorporate freestyling with a few written bars that are ill so when you proceed after those written bars you try to come as nice if not nicer. that helped me back in the day
    test
  9. StAtUs CoUnCiL

StAtUs CoUnCiL SLaNtEd[ - - ]EyEs

Word thx fo u're help guys...
    test
  10. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

this iz crazeee.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.