FREE VST Effect Plugin for Download! dBlue Glitch! | MsP Production Vault

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Mo0n ShYnE, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mo0n ShYnE

Mo0n ShYnE 365 Days. 365 Beats.

Here's this week's update for the production vault!

Link: Production Vault :: MooN sHizzLe Productions - MsP - Music Production and Recordings in Hip-Hop, Rap, R&B, Electronic, Acoustic and More!

This VST effect is an interesting one. It starts with it's 9 different individual customizable presets, "Tape Stop," "Modulator," "Retrigger," "Shuffler," "Reverser," "Crusher," "Gater," "Delay," and "Stretcher." Now any of these effects alone would be good for a variety of uses. The strength of this plugin is how you can use each of these at different sections of a bar, and come up with some interesting combinations.

Now for those of you who may be confused by what I'm talking about, if you listen to Game's "Put You on the Game" from his debut album, "The Documentary," (produced by Timbaland) and go to the end, you'll hear the beat go through different effects, like reversing, retriggering, tape stops, and the like. This plugin does that.

I've most recently used this in a house/electronic song I did called "Casa de Luna," where the lead synth that plays during the beat change/chorus part is put through these effects.

I'm putting these up for free, so keep checking back every Wednesday for a new sample set. Just go to the site and download away.

Also, Sign up for the mailing list to get weekly updates!

Link: MsP Mailing List :: MooN sHizzLe Productions - MsP - Music Production and Recordings in Hip-Hop, Rap, R&B, Electronic, Acoustic and More!

If you're a producer and you have any sample kits you would like to contribute, let me know; I will plug your site along with a blurb about your music and/or accomplishments. You will notice that Soleternity got a plug when he contributed his BOTB5 drum kit, as did Bully Beats, DJay Cas and ThuggyFresh, and I will do the same for you if you've got something to contribute.

And while you're here, peep the new track by my boy Less, called "Back Off" feat. FoRcE oNe, Takewun, and myself.

Beat: MooN ShynE (using samples you'll find in the kits I've been putting out! lol)
    Order: Less, FoRcE oNe, Takewun, MooN ShynE

==

11/17/10 - dBlue Glitch VST Effect Plugin
    11/10/10 - Timbaland Style Synth VSTi
    11/3/10 - Vinyl Effect VST
    10/27/10 - TPS Module Brass VSTi
    10/20/10 - Urban Fire 3 Kit
    10/13/10 - Thug Poet Kit and SIHD 1
    10/06/10 - Urban Fire 4 Kit
    9/29/10 - MPC-3000 Kit
    9/22/10 - Urban Warfare Kit
    9/15/10 - Dr. Dre Drum Kits
    9/8/10 - DJ Premier, Pete Rock and Other Producer Kits
    9/1/10 - eLab Drum Kit
    8/25/10 - West Coast Hip-Hop Kits
    8/18/10 - Djay Cas Drum Kit
    8/11/10 - Neptunes Style Drum Kit
    8/4/10 - East Coast Hip-Hop Kits
    7/28/10 - MPC 2000XL Hip-Hop Kit
    7/21/10 - Filthy Drums and more 909's
    7/14/10 - Deadly Drums and a TR-909 Kit
    7/7/10 - Club Hip-Hop Drums 2
    6/30/10 - Club Hip-Hop Drums 1
    6/23/10 - Bully Beats Kit
    6/16/10 - MsP ORIGINAL Acoustic Drum Kit, Timbaland Inspired Kit, Hip-Hop Kit 14
    6/9/10 - Hip-Hop Kit 13, Destroyer Kit 1, and MC-303 Drums
    6/2/10 - Hip-Hop Kits 10, 11, and 12
    5/26/10 - Hip-Hop Kits 7, 8, and 9
    5/19/10 - Lo-Fi Drums, Distorted Guitars, and More Bass Samples
    5/12/10 - Drum Kit with Acoustic Drums Layered, Piano Sample Hits
    5/5/10 - String Samples, Reggaeton Drums, Gun/Explosion Effects, Hip-Hop Kits 5 and 6
    4/28/10 - 808 Toned Kicks, Random Bass + Hip-Hop Kit 4
    4/21/10 - Hip-Hop Kits 1, 2, and 3
    4/14/10 - Ethnic Percussion Kit
    4/7/10 - Soleternity's BOTB5 Drum Kit
    3/31/10 - Complete Urban Flava kit is up!
    test
  2. Hitman J

Hitman J lets get get get it....

good lookin out ima check this out today if this is doing what im thinkin thats a good ass look

you stay on the look out and deserve to be eatin off this site soon if you aint yet , keep up the work ethic homie
    test
  3. Jeremy Kyle

Jeremy Kyle New Member

thanks for this i like experimenting with vsts
    test
  4. ballin4lyfe

ballin4lyfe Active Member

yo how do i put this in fl?
    test
  5. Mo0n ShYnE

It's an effect, so you would load the .dll into your vstplugins folder. Once you do that, go to the mixer where you would add effects, then choose your channel. Pick an empty spot on the right side, and if you don't see dBlue Glitch anywhere there, click on More... at the top. Check under the list of VST Plugins if you see dBlue Glitch there. If it's there, check the box then close the window. If not, hit Refresh, then Fast Scan. You should then see dBlue Glitch under VST Plugins in red. Check the box next to it, and you should be able to choose it like a regular effect at that point.

EDIT: just wrote up a tutorial, LINK: Production Tutorial: How to Add a Simple DLL based VSTi to FLStudio The MooN sHizzLe Productions Blog – MsP News Updates and tips on Music Production, Mixing, Recording, Marketing, Music Software Error Fixes, and Music Theory and Application
    test
  6. Hitman J

i dont get this at all lol... i guess ill have to play with it a little more...
    test
  7. Mo0n ShYnE

It's a bit tricky. You have to select which filter you want, then specify what part of the bar and for.

The main bar in the middle is 4 bars.

Right click clears whatever filter is applied. You may want to clear it all first, because I think it does the Reverse every quarter or eighth.

The Chosen Effect bar above the main bar allows you to choose what effect. The last one, the black one, means no effect.

So let's say you wanted to do a tape stop on the 4th beat of the first bar.

Make a 1 bar pattern using an organ of some sort or synth, spanning the entire bar. Assign the dBlue Glitch to that instrument.

Clear all the effects by right clicking on the main bar.

Then click on 1 "tape stop" on the Chosen Effect Bar.

Each white tick on the main bar = one beat. So to do a tape stop on the 4th beat, click on the main bar right above the fourth white tick.

When you play your pattern, the tape stop hits on every 4th beat.

Now what if you wanted to gate the 2nd beat on top of that?

Click on 7 "gater" the Chosen Effect Bar.

Click on the 2nd tick on the main bar. That will give you a gate on beats 2 and 3, but it will keep the tape stop on the 4.

But what if you wanted it just on the 2nd beat, and not on the 3rd?

Click on the black (last one) option on the Chosen Effect Bar, the one without a number.

Click above the 3rd tick on the main bar, and voila, a gate on beat 2, nothing on beat 3, and a tape stop on 4.

The main bar stretches for four bars, so if you're pattern is 4 bars long, you're good to go.
    test
  8. Mo0n ShYnE

test
  9. ballin4lyfe

ballin4lyfe Active Member

yo ur Vinyl VST Effect doesnt work. when i try to register it the window just closes
    test
  10. Hitman J

hmmm i dunno lol its not working for me i followed what you did and put it on a vst melody i had?
    test
  11. Mo0n ShYnE

Did you assign the effect to a channel? once you do, you should be able to see the interface and assign it a preset or something
    test
  12. Mo0n ShYnE

gonna put up a video bruh... i'll let u know when it's up
    test
  13. Mo0n ShYnE

still processing, as of right now, so the quality will get better when it's done
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.