~~~formal logic's mag~~

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Flow Da HoloGraff, Aug 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flow Da HoloGraff

Flow Da HoloGraff Fuck Up!

The New Tribune
    Written by Formal Logic

Intro
    Big Week, Big Matches, Big Names… All Back
    Power Rankings - A Formal Production
    Top 20 Re-cap
    Outro​

…:: Intro ::…​

Welcome to the best damn magazine the internet has to offer. Ok, sorry, as you can see I miss Vern too, by using his world renowned intro. But with him doing his own thing outside of the net, I’m taking his place to write The Mag this week. So bare with me, I may do it better, or I may just suck complete ass, but I’m doing it for the great writers and competitors on this league. I think we all hope Vern and all the other missing Mods hurry back soon, but for the time being, huge props to Dmetrius for keeping this league running while their gone, and to Talent for rounding up some good topics this week. But with no further ado, I bring you all The New Tribune, Formal style.

…:: Big Week, Big Matches, Big Names… All Back ::…​

Well, well, if people haven’t yet noticed, there is some really big names that have signed in these last few weeks. With the likes of Cigma, who signed in last week, to a very rivaled writer, Atheist. Cigma who lost a close battle last week, signed back in and went up against Awedishin. But none the less, for being out of the league for so long, he defiantly still has that touch, that knack for writing an excellent story. Cigma not only brings a new force to be reckoned with, but also new, very in-depth voter, which in these last weeks there has been a lack of. Cigma has made his way to title matches before I believe, and I wont hold it against him to make it back to the top again. And then we have Atheist, maybe not well known to the new comers of the league, but surely known by the older heads in the RSTL. He’s a very sophisticated, and solid writer. He brings a whole different style to scene. Man is great with imagery, and can tell a very good story as well. Do NOT underestimate this guy. He’s also beat some of the better people in this league, whether in the actual weekly RSTL battle or any of the RSTL tournament’s. I know I’ve fell victim to him, and his exceptional writing. Madpoet also signed back in this week, and we all know the man can write. He’s been a strong up & comer his whole time in the RSTL. He brings a dark-side to the RSTL, a side we rarely see from others. So, I suggest people watch out for those 3. Each can bring the heat, whenever the feel. As for the matches this week, all I can say is: GOT DAMN!! I think in the top 20 alone, there is probably 9 battles that I personally want to see. And Ill start it at the top. This Champ match is defiantly one of the top battles this week, if not the best. Richard Corey vs. Anaphora. This is a match up of pure, crisp, imagery. Along with writer’s voices, story lines, concepts, poetry, and metaphorical under linings. Both have been writing at there best these last few weeks, and both will defiantly do the same this week. I suggest people keep an eye on this match, this will be a good one. Next great match up we have is, MC4Sight vs. Cereal Killer. Some may say this will be a blow out, but I beg to differ. Cereal is a very under estimated writer. He has an exceptional writer’s voice, and he can write a very well structured story, but on that same note MC4Sight is on a tear like Anaphora has been on. He’s ran through big names, including myself, and made them look silly. The last 2 weeks he brought out this new, very unique, yet good style to the table, and he seems to be catching every ones attention with it. This will be a strong match, whether people think it or not, you’ll see.
    This next match though, is in most eyes the match of the week. The 3x, very versatile & poetic Champ, Awedishin vs. The 5x, comedic, yet versatile Jowlez. These 2 have gone at it before, but I personally don’t know their record against each other, and I actually haven’t read one of their battles before, but I do know that both of these guys can write. Both are Elite heads in this league, and well all know both want another title under their belt. I wont say much about this battle, because truthfully this battle speaks for itself. Another nice one I saw is Everkleer vs. Khoi. Both have been slipping these last few weeks, but both are very talented writers non the less. Both are hungry to get back on the road to victory, and to the top, so I expect both to bring very nice verses. I suggest people check it out. And last but not least is the battle of the sign-ins. Atheist vs. Cigma. As I said before, both of these guys are great writers, and very strong competition. They are both “rusty” in the sense they haven’t been in the league for a while, but that “rusty” word will have nothing to do with this battle what-so-ever. This is probably the second most anticipated match in my eyes this week. And some notable battles are Doyen vs. Lucifer, to undefeated heads, looking forward to the title. Then Eternal Path vs. Trap, both strong in there own sense, and coming about into their styles. Malosovich vs. The Talent, both very capable of writing #1 verses if they choose too. And last Smoke Trail vs. Brandon Thompson vs. Menso, Brandon and Menso being the strong up & comers, and Smoke, the hungry vet of the league, trying to make his way back into the top 20.

This week is filled with great battles, and great writer’s. Everyone needs to be on the look out, you never know who will bring the heat, and who will flop. This a week of make it or break it’s. So be don’t be prudent to vote, and check out all the battles this week.
    test
  2. Flow Da HoloGraff

…:: Power Rankings - A Formal Production ::…​

Now, this is new to the mag, and this was actually my idea, so bare with me guys, it’s the first week I tried this out. Hopefully you guys enjoy this power ranking idea, because if you do, Ill be sure to do it each week for the mag and send it to Vern to put in the Tribune. Anyway, I’m not sure if everyone knows how power rankings work, so Ill be obliged to explain. Power rankings will show the strongest heads in the league as each week. It’ll show who’s been on a tear, and who you should be watching out for. So don’t get your panties in a twist if your not on here, because this league is all about streaks of greatness, and downfalls. So here you go guys, hope you like it.

10. Lucifer Leviathan - Last but not least, there’s the woman, who many guys fear. This lady here is no joke. She’s beaten to top guys in the last weeks, and thought nothing of it. And if she can win this week, she’ll make it to an all around impressive 6-0. But some question her talent. Is it luck, is it lack of strong opponents, truth of the matter is, well, its doesn’t matter. Lucifer can bring very solid verses, so I say to all, watch you back. And with that she gets the #10 spot, although being 5-0, she still has something to prove.
    9. Cereal Killer - This kid, is that silent killer, that cereal killer type guy. He moved up the ranks quietly, while also quietly beating some big time heads. He’s no joke, and if you underestimate him he’ll take advantage of it. Although he tends to inconsistent, if he can win this week, he’ll move far up the rankings next week. Cereal gets the #9 spot for being the quiet killer, but he has to prove his worth this week.
    8. Jowelz - He like Awedishin has been a bit up and down these last few weeks, but we all know the widely proclaimed G.O.A.T. can bring some very nice verses and destroy his opponents. He’s also got something to prove this week. Is he still the same G.O.A.T. or is he getting to old for the RSTL, only time will tell. So, with his strong presence, yet up and down winning streaks, Jowelz gets the #8 spot.
    7. Awedishin - Yeah, he’s been up and down, but this man can write with the best, whenever he feels like it. He like many others has a big match this week, and also has a lot to prove. He’s a streaky winner, but he can defiantly bring it when he wants. He’s been beaten by Elite heads but he’s also beaten those same Elite heads. So with that Big Mac Flizzle gets the #7 spot.
    6. Trap - This is man who at any moment can win. And if it weren’t for the last four streaking victors, I would have defiantly gave him the #2 spot. But he did lose last week, even though it was a close one. Trap left a trail of Elite writers behind him to make it to the champ match, and gave “Mr. So Called Untouchable” a really strong run for his money. Trap will be on top again, believe me, and he will win another championship soon. Quote that. But with his lose last week Trap gets the #6 spot.
    5. Talent - Though he lost this past week, he is still a power-house that shouldn’t be under estimated what-so-ever. After losing against Richard Corey in the champ match, he mustered all his skill, and quickly made it back to the Contendership match so that he could get that re-match. He didn’t have an easy road to that match either, but he still managed, and got there. To his own personal disappointment he ended up losing to Anaphora, but I have no doubt in my mind that he’ll back to the top in the weeks to come. So I give Talent the #5 spot, with a rough few weeks, but still hanging in there.
    4. MC4Sight - We’ve all been witness to this man’s strong streak of victories, beating some formidable opponents, all the pun intended. He, like Anaphora, has put together a strong streak of victories, and even more so solid, top 10 verses. So at the #4 spot he still has something to prove. Can he get past the higher ranked heads and make his path to the champ match, we’ll all have to wait and see.
    3. Doyen - Some would love to know this no - namer, that all of sudden is 7-0. But truth be told, I couldn’t tell you that myself. This new guy has flourished in the RSTL, by taking opponents out week after week. Yes, some were no show’s, but did they no show because they couldn’t post or were they scared to post is the question. This kid here knows the in and outs of solid writing, so it leaves the thought, “A really talented new guy or is he an alias?” Soon we all will know, if he makes it that champ match. I gave Doyen the #3 spot for his 7-0 record, which can be hard to do, if the right people are in the league.
    2.Anaphora - Anaphora, man oh man. This kid has been on tear of late. He’s also beaten some top heads in the league to make it to the Championship match. And truth be told I’m not sure I know the last time/person he lost too. After gaining some confidence in the last weeks, he’s made his presence known and felt. He gets the #2 spot for his streaking victories, and heads he’s taken out.
    1. Richard Corey - This man took the league by storm after he singed in not too many weeks ago. In fact I don’t think he’s lost since he signed back in. He’s beaten quite a few nice heads while being on top, with likes of Trap, Talent, Jowelz, and many others. He gets this #1 spot for just plain out dominating the league.
    test
  3. Flow Da HoloGraff

…:: Top 20 Re-Cap ::…​

19. Thamaturge (3-0) -v- 20. Yo momma 2nd (18-8)

Well this battle could have been a good one. Momma wrote a short little some thing, which in its on wasn’t too bad, but Thamaturge, while writing a pretty verse, posted too late. This probably would have been a good one, but people need to pay attention to rules and the time.

Winner - Yo Momma 2nd

17. Eternal Path (9-5) -v- 18. Sercle (4-0)

Yet again we have a no show. Sercle’s been writing well the last few weeks, so I was a bit surprised he didn’t show. None the less Eternal wrote a whole verse, and since no one else read it, Ill be the one to do it, and critique it for her, because she deserves it. She told a very, how I can say it, deeply descriptive story. Very appealing to the male readers, or at least I hope it would. She told a very solid story, moved along very smoothly, with out getting caught up at a certain point. She’s defiantly coming to herself, she’s mastering her style slowly but surely. The Eternal Path that had choppy flow is now gone, and the Eternal that stuck to the topic, with out using a twist is gone as well. She’s improved a lot these last few weeks, and I’m glad I’ve witnessed it.

Winner - Eternal Path

15. Noib Da Mutt (12-6) -v- 16. Lucifer Leviathan (4-0)

This was one of the best battles this week. Both told amazing stories, while combing very original concepts to their topics. Noib brought out his very strong writer’s voice, and story telling, as he usually does. He did a good job of putting the reader in his character’s dreams and bringing the reader right back to reality, and showing how society and especially the media exaggerate, twist things to their own wants. Then you had Lucifer, who wrote an excellent story, with a very original concept. She managed to bring two topics together very gracefully, without barging too much into one or the other, which is hard to do. She also brought a very strong under lining metaphor to her verse, for her reader’s to indulge on. And what probably won this for her, was surprisingly, yet refreshing strong writer’s voice. She captured the reader’s attention through her writer’s voice alone. Both came with their best, but Lucifer got the best of Noib this week, with a tad bit stronger writer’s voice, and great story and concept.

Winner - Lucifer Leviathan

13. Doyen (6-0) -v- 14. Vulgar (4-0)

Well this was a battle of the undefeated , but I think we all knew from the beginning who come out of this one victorious. Vulgar didn’t read bad, but he defiantly has plenty of room to improve. His lack of imagery, staying consistent in his mood, and rhyme scheme hurt him a lot. Although he wrote an actually pretty good story. He managed to keep my attention through his story alone though. It wasn’t the most believable story, but was interesting, and entertaining to read. Doyen though is on a whole different level. He’s been going through the ranks like its no ones business. He brought a very strong, descriptive story, with a very smooth, crisp rhyme scheme and flow. He captured the reader with his writer’s voice, and concept of his story. Though the ending was a little too, how do I say it, not unbelievable, but overly ironic, I suppose. But in the end Doyen still was way above Vulgar in this battle, hence his winning streak’s extension.

Winner - Doyen

11. Awedishin (43-18) -v- 12. Cigma (24-5)

This was very nice battle, and also very close. Awedishin brought a very deep verse. His verse right here, went into every subject in America, and what’s wrong with it. It was defiantly a very deep, emotional verse. Story was solid, and smooth, moved along real nicely. Concept on the color thing was really nice. And the content, topped both of those off. A real nice writers voice as well. Cigma had some strong emotion, and deep seeded into your verse. He had strong character development, and a nice writers voice. Story was nice, content was good, and the concept was pretty nice. His story was real good, but at the end he left me hanging. You brought both characters out real well. In the end Awedishin had a more original concept, and stronger emotion, and metaphorical under lining theme.

Winner - Awedishin
    test
  4. Flow Da HoloGraff

9. Jowelz (60-17) -v- 10. Retulean Reactus (7-0)

Sadly another no show here. I thought this would’ve been a real good battle. I know Retulean can write pretty damn well, and we all know Jowelz can bring it too. But Retulean either got scared or just wasn’t able to post, and no showed. Jowelz wrote a real nice story though, using the child hood story/moral consequence topic. He used real well in his Jack and Jill story, but I would have liked to see a battle.
    Winner - Jowelz

7. Cereal killer (17-5) -v- 8. Khoi (9-2)

This was another one of those very good, and very nice battles. Both wrote exceptional verses, and used their topics in very original ways, and made it their own. Cereal Killer used probably the hardest topic this week, and managed to write a great verse with it, which impressed a lot of his reader’s. He brought about a superb story, and concept, with a very solid writer’s voice. Though he could work on his imagery he managed to pull in his reader, and make them want to read, and like his verse. He was very smooth, with bringing everything together really well. Khoi, managed to do the same. He used a real good writer’s voice, and strong storyline/concept to lure in his reader’s. He also brought a fresh concept to his topic, so that his reader’s didn’t get bored reading his verse, and other who used the same topic. The only place Khoi slipped up was, in moving his story along. At points it seemed his verse lagged a little bit, but none the less he wrote very well. In the Cereal brought a little more to the table, by using the topic he used, and using it sooo well.

Winner - Cereal Killer

5. Equitus (9-2) -v- 6. MC4Sight (20-5)

Well this was my match, which I personally thought was pretty damn good, although the votes don’t show it. I knew Id be up against a strong opponent after reading MC4Sight’s verse the week before. The man brought a very unique style, with a different kind of rhyme scheme and a very vague, yet direct story. With a solid under lining meaning and a very smooth writers voice. I wont choose to comment on myself, Ill let you guys do that for me. *Wink* Anyways this was a good battle in my opinion and I believe most would agree.

Winner - MC4Sight

Contenders: 3. Anaphora (17-6) -v- 4. The Talent (48-17)

I, for one, thought this was the battle of the week. Both of these guys were out to prove their worth, and both succeeded in doing it. Anaphora wrote an excellent verse, based on Helen of Troy and her beauty. His imagery painted a picture for his reader’s, and grabbed their attention with it. He had a solid writer’s voice, a smooth flow/rhyme scheme, and a very smooth, progressive story. Though he stuck to his guns with basing his story around a historical moment, he managed to pull it off very well. He didn’t get caught up in the actual history like most would and focused on more of the poetic, and emotional side of it. Talent was no different. He used his excellent writer’s voice, to tell a very imagery filled, story. And he backed up that story with a very nice concept. He was the typical Talent, that just amazed you with his writing. He managed to get up 3-0, and then a sudden flourish of voters came in voting for Anaphora. This a very close match, and the votes would tell you that story as well. In the end Anaphora to me had a more rounded verse, but not to take away from Talent who wrote in my eyes a Top 10 verse himself.

Winner - Anaphora
    test
  5. Flow Da HoloGraff

Championship: 1.Richard Corey (24-5) -v- 2. Trap (18-4)

Just a big wow for this battle. This was a very, very close match that really could have gone either way, at any point in time. And really I could tell the world of each of these guys but I think Cigma’s vote really sums it up the best.
    These two are the top dogs of the league, and they proved it this week. And with that said, this wraps up the Top 20 Re-cap.

Outro​

Well, I hope you guys liked this mag, I tried giving you guys some new things and still use the old things Vern would use. All I can say now is good luck, this is big week for most of you, and for some this is an easy week, but never forget any given Thursday, that one you underestimate can write better than you. So with that said, be sure to check out as many battles as you can, and while you’re there you might as well vote, right? So Rock The Vote.

I’m Ron Burgundy aka Formal Logic sign off. Stay classy RSTL.
    test
  6. Lucifer Rofocale

Lucifer Rofocale New Member

...that was one hell of a breakdown...
    ...nice fuckin mag, and i appreciate the compliments...
    test
  7. Khôi NguJin

Khôi NguJin faith.hope.love

WoW, double mags this week....Feeling this a lot...Much props for everything here. I think the power rankings is an excellent idea, keep it. I'ma stay in check.

Peace, Respect.
    test
  8. 6th_plague

6th_plague More then meets the eye

Best mag in fucking ages
    test
  9. Kapital

Kapital RIP epiC

good mag *im going to be in there one day*
    test
  10. TRAP.

TRAP. i'm soo old school.

agree w/ malo.
    test
  11. Eternalpath

Eternalpath I am FEMALE!!!!

Props to you Logic and thank you for your kind words of oncouragement. I am trying to stay on top of my game and get better so i can hang with Lucifer Leviathan. Get in your top rankings :0 I think that was a nice thing to put in the MAG.

A mag with to much INFO could be bad but if it is a nice read and as yours is I would enjoy reading this every week. Hey a double mag every week would be nice for us competitors. So if one can't come up with a mag the other has one already set in stone. Especially since Vern will be goign to bootcamp soon.

Good shit and props to you

This lady signing out. :)
    test
  12. Dikembe Mutombo

Dikembe Mutombo New Member

wow this is quality shit Formal

big ups....
    test
  13. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer no ESCAPE

very nice work on this formal

i like your power rankings idea

well done
    test
  14. Noib Da Mutt

Noib Da Mutt New Member

nice shit homie...
    test
  15. Menso

Menso Go Lakers!

Power Rankings are a good idea. And the mag was nice.. a little long, but i still read it all, but not boring at all.

*thumbs up*
    test
  16. MC4SiGHT

MC4SiGHT JOE COMMiSSO

power ranks a great idea......

this mag was really fucking good tooo man.....

nice shit
    test
  17. FórmÅl LôGíc

FórmÅl LôGíc Black Listed

Why thank you guys, and gals.
    test
  18. LDogg The King

LDogg The King The High Life

good job formal
    test
  19. JOWELZ

JOWELZ Bah Fangooly Da Bear

don't ever get it twisted...

I'm not too old or too uninspired for the RSTL.

I'm just fuckin busy these days...

If i ever... ever... had 1 hour to write a verse... I'd be higher than 8 on ur list paluko.
    test
  20. BrEaK-PoInT

BrEaK-PoInT New Member

great mag, enjoyed the read. Keep this up, i could get use to two mags a week. lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.