For you X-Men comic book fans aware of the upcoming "House of M"

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by The Chaos Bringer, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Chaos Bringer

The Chaos Bringer Shamanex

Is it me or...

Does that sound like the worst idea to come from Marvel since "Nuff said"?

The editor that okayed this stupid miniseries needs to get fired.

Especially if the point is only to reduce the mutant population.

It could have been done in a way better story.
    test
  2. Pyro Tecknik

Pyro Tecknik Harbinger of DOOM

we should have a comic book forum.

and yes, i know about the "house of M" series crossing throughout all the Marvel books. It's such and unoriginal and mundane idea.

it's as if this is their pathetic answer to DC's, "Identity Crisis" of last year that leads to this year's, "Countdown to Infinite Crisis"(which is really a prologue) and the series of "Infinite Crisis'" spawning althroughout the DC universe this summer and fall. which in itself isn't anything that original seeing as how they did something like this back in the 80's called, "Crisis to infinite Earths", but it was still their idea.

ahem...i may be a comic book geek, but i'm still fucking rugged.
    test
  3. OrtizDupri

OrtizDupri then you gotta BREATHE

I miss Onslaught.
    test
  4. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

havent heard of this house of m but since were on the subject of comic books....

age of apocalypse was the shit..
    test
  5. Pyro Tecknik

^ i decided to forgo AoA...i heard it was nice, but wolverine missing a hand? i can't handle that.
    test
  6. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

Pyro... I think that time I was asking you about Astonishing X-Men you said you were interested in Joss Whedon's first feature film? Maybe I'm getting you mixed up with someone else, but if you do wanna see it...

http://www.a p p l e.com/trailers/universal/serenity/

(put the spaces together)
    test
  7. Pyro Tecknik

that looks, dare i say....astonishing.

but it wasn't me who asked about this movie, however...i was aware of the short-lived tv series "firefly"...which i'm going to have to watch before i see this now. thanks for the heads up.
    test
  8. The Chaos Bringer

The same thing that made Marvel suck in the mid 90s has been repeated after they had a newfound fan interest due to their box office success.

Oversaturation of titles-Jubilee, Bishiop, Nightcrawler, Mystique, White Queen all had their own monthly titles. WTF!?

Writers Spread thin-Brian Micheal Bendis writes about 12 comics monthly it seems.

And stories that are only driven by revenue-There was one month Wolverine was in about 20 titles. All the while the best one (Miller's Wolverine solo) had him as evil and not a single trace of this could be found in all the guest apperances.

And yeah, the AoA was great but they couldn't leave well enough alone so they brought it back recently even though the world was supposedly dead.

AoA was ne of top 10 comic stories ever. I can't remember Marvel ever having stories that emotional in the 10 years since.

Generation NeXt-The way all of the students died. Damn, that's the real ish. That was one of the first times where I felt sorry when the good guys died. They actually reminded me of heroes. *sniff* If you use kids to fight what do you expect to happen though?

Weopon X-The best two moments in the AoA were never even shown. Wolverine getting his hand blown off and Magneto tearing Holocaust to shreds for killing Scarlett Witch

Ahh memories...

But House of M is horrible. Identity Crisis made their writers look like elementary school students and now they come up with this crap.

They just change the whole world overnight for no reason except the Scarlett Witch?

That's one of those ideas that kids with bad ideas come up with and it only sounds like a good idea to him and his mom.

Stupid Marvel.
    test
  9. The Chaos Bringer

It was ill though. That was the ultimate manifestation of the rivalry between him and Cyclops. They actually did some permanent damage to each other.

And then the way that Apocalypse ruined X-Man's whole life and then he WALKED all the way across the country to get revenge. That made Cable's whole mission seem like child's play. X-Man was pissed like that dude who caught Hestor Prynne cheating on him in the Scarlett Letter.

And Angel, DAMN! He was so nasty. He was an actual buisness man. He would play the good guys and bad and barter information like it was a buisness.

And then they all pushed their powers to the limit. Sunfire burned himself out and was completly fire.

Iceman was one of the top 5 most powerful mutants on the planent. Nightcrawler could teleport so precisely he could teleport a person's head away and leave the body.

And people actually died!

The AoA was ill.
    test
  10. Oddwirdz

Oddwirdz New Member

yo this site mos def, need a comic fourm cause I'm like really hype about this... wow@ wolverine vs Cyclops that sounds dope
    test
  11. Oddwirdz

Oddwirdz New Member

not the movie, but the talk about AOA
    test
  12. Pyro Tecknik

i'm more of a DC "fan".

the thing i'm looking foward to right now isn't the whole infinite crisis deal...not as much as Batman confronting the JLA(or those who were involved) about them wiping his mind all those years ago. He's already making them wonder if he knows or not in the last couple "Batman" issues.

oh and Jim Lee and Frank Miller doing the "All-Star Batman and Robin" series.

i'm still getting house of M though...lol

damn...and you are talking about the recent AoA right? cuz i also missed the first one from 10 years ago, but if the new one really was that nice, i think i'll go get the whole series tomorrow.
    test
  13. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

Word, word. Firefly is excellent. It should definitely leave you wanting more. You might be interested: they're making 3 comic books about what happens after the TV show and before the movie.

Did you know that Joss has signed on to write/direct a Wonder Woman movie?
    test
  14. Pyro Tecknik

nugga please....i been known. lol it's looking a hell of a lot more promising than the new Superman movie coming out next year already.

i'll look out for those 3 books then....i've decided to invest my time/energy/and money on this series, so i'm going all out!
    test
  15. The Chaos Bringer

Never been a big DC fan but just from what I'm hearing of the plot lines from my spoiler people...

DC is beating the snot out of Marvel creatively.

Identity Crisis sounded excellent.

And I heard how Batman designed protocols that took out all of the JLA then got them to tell him their one advantage that his plans couldn't compenstate for; their secret identities. Ill.

Nah, I was talking about the old AoA. The new just seems to be Marvel's greed for dollars talking. Resurrecting and ruining a classic story.

I'm skipping House of M. It sounds horrible.
    test
  16. Pyro Tecknik

bastard! i went and got the new one yesterday. lol i did have the first issues from the AoA of ten years ago...but that all consists of like 20 issues in all. i'd have to go online and find them there.

yea, go to any online comic book forum and the consensus will be, "DC has been killing Marvel for the past couple years now." even the marvel geeks will admit it. they're none too happy these days.

Identity Crisis was huge last year...they sold out of their 1st and 2nd printings, so if you were going to try and catch that, you'd better hurry cuz the 3rd printings will be the final ones. although, i will admit that the 'open-ended' ending was somewhat of a letdown compared to the whole story.

Green Lantern: Rebirth was big too, with the return of Hal Jordan. i however didn't like how Batman was portrayed in the series.

JLA- yea, he designed and had plans on how to take them all out if it ever came to that. so when they found out, they voted and kicked him out of the JLA, cuz obviously...that shit scared them. So then, Superman went to the batcave and was all sorry about it and telling him that they need him blah blah blah, in typical superman fashion(wearing his heart on his sleeve). So Batman called them all to the Batcave where he came out as Bruce Wayne.(cause aside from supes and wonder woman) none of them knew who he really was. Tha was a while ago though.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.