For women who don't think the husband is the "head" of the marriage...

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Ignorant, Nov 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

In that same regard, a name can be dropped or changed back just as, if not more easily than, ending a marriage... and changing your name doesn't stop you from cheating, either. I'm just trying to figure out how you figure taking on a last name signifies love moreso than the act of marrying itself..? Hes not taking her name - does that mean he doesn't love her, is less comitted, or isnt proud to be her husband..?
    test
  2. Speedy Gunzalez

Speedy Gunzalez Awareness is my Alias

Oh my goodness... STARM??

What's good, lady?

You got my email, holla at a n!gga.
    test
  3. yuppi

yuppi da raisin

men should come home drunk,
    smelly,
    with a beer gut,
    and tell their wives to bendover or else
    test
  4. I kinda see this the same way as nanijah, giving away is more of a fathers blessing not a passing over of property. Maybe they should chnage the name.

I wonder how many guys would take the womans name out of their undying love for them?

hmm.
    test
  5. samii so sexii

samii so sexii ..sunkist siren..

girl...i saw this post a long minute ago, and i wanted to say sumthin, but i didn't have the energy since i just got finished arguing the giving away thing lol

very good points as well
    test
  6. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

See, there you go biggin' up your sister, but when a brother drops the real, we get nothing but strife... y'all women stick together. :screwy:
    test
  7. tight-eyes

And here I thought us women "couldn't get along"..? go figure...
    test
  8. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I'm certain that a dowry was a sum that was given to the husband by the father of the bride for the marriage. If you've ever heard the Shakespearean tale of The Taming of the Shrew, Petrucio's plan was to marry so that he would inherit the dowry.
    test
  9. p. haze

p. haze slap boxed with jesus

I always seen it that the men was the head of the household if your lucky enough for his presence in thee first place.

It's the womans job to make the rules and the mans job to enforce them.
    test
  10. samii so sexii

samii so sexii ..sunkist siren..

Right! lol...again props to the LADY...

Ig...you get no props, right off gp, b/c you are the enemy, and purposely cause me stress lol

jp...you can get props too

@Memento: you are probably correct...But, i do know, that the father of the bride was paid something, b/c the woman was a commodity...not someone that you loved...also due in part to the fact that back then, most women didnt even have a choice in who they married.
    test
  11. LooseLeaf2004

LooseLeaf2004 New Member

i'm pretty traditional.... I believe the man should be head of the household...

but as far as household decisions, we both have input, but i look at it as he's the president, and I'm the vice president,

I'm pretty sure a lot of women probably wouldn't agree with that, but I feel that a man should be the one with more presence, especially if you eventually have sons and they need discipline or something of that nature
    test
  12. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Only when the enemy is a man... but a man will easily come between you... go figure.
    test
  13. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Despite all of the claims of sharing, the false sense of independence and "he can't tell me shit" bravado, I still believe that many women feel deep down in their hearts that the man is supposed to take the reigns and establish direction and control whenever there is a calamity or crisis... and if he doesn't or fails to lead you and the family out of despair, then you will blame him and look down on him as "less than a man."
    test
  14. tight-eyes

I agree... I think many women do feel that way... I don't know how realistic or fair those expectation are, but we're socialized to believe men more capable of handling situations of crisis that call on emotional strength and the ability to reason rationally.

That said, a man taking the lead in dire situations does not a 'head' of the marriage make... honestly, how often is calamity or crisis the case, anyway..? I think day-to-day decision-making is totally different... both partners lead and control in different situations.

And why are we so caught up in placing a label on who gets to be the leader, anyway..?

And this has what to do with a woman being given away at the wedding..?
    test
  15. tight-eyes

touche... lol [funny] Some women still ain't up on game, yet... damn shame.
    test
  16. so is a womans game measured by how well she gets on with her girlfriends and how she doesnt let men come between those bonds of sisterhood?

some women seem to straight down play other women, I seriously dont get the mindstate. Its not attractive to me to see women having agendas against other women who they happen to hardly know.
    test
  17. tight-eyes

Nah, thats not downplaying other women... its acknowledging the fact that some women do allow men to come inbetween them and their girls... in vying for mens' attention and affection, some women would sell out their own mothers in the process... instead of peeping game and recognizing the fact that this cat is trying to play the both of them and kicking his ass to the curb, they'll lose sight of the bigger picture and attack one another.

As far as having an 'agenda', I'm the last one here to try to vilify other women to gain favor w/men... I think that much should be clear about me at this point... but the truth is that truth, and what Ignorant said is most definitely true in some cases.
    test
  18. wait, why's it the guys fault? He seems to be stuck in the middle more than anything.

I think it's probably more apparent in younger women, and I'm glad that you can see the bigger picture and don't fall into the trap of trying to win over men by sidelining women, or using them as a pedestool.
    test
  19. tight-eyes

In the case of a man coming between friends - especially when he knows they are friends - it usually is the case that he's trying to play them both... ex: Katherines boyfriend hits on her best friend Sheila, Sheila tells Katherine, Katherine confronts boyfriend who flips it and says it was Sheila who made the advances toward him and is just trying to break up their relaitonship, Katherine takes the boyfriends side and now has beef w/her girl... I see it ALLLLLL the time... thats why women are so often hesitant to tell their girl when her man is shady, it usually backfires and she ends up losing a friend.

I think most women who do that really know deep down inside that their man was foul, but they'd rather just turn a blind eye and blame the other woman because they don't want to lose him.

I definitely agree w/you on that.
    test
  20. Imperial1

Imperial1 For pressed ones only

No comment. Until I'm married, I won't speak on this subject.

Imperial1
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.