For Those That Need a Chorus!

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by DJX, Jul 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJX

DJX iTs GraVy BaBy

Ok...This may have been posted or what not but who cares. I always had a problem trying to make a dope chorus effect, and the plug-ins..no matter how good they are always makes shit sound mad tiny...or echoey....and iw asnt lookin for echo..just a chorus....so here goes

3 or 4 Track chorus.......RECORD IN MONO!

Track 1 = main vocals, spit the chorus right here....

Track 2 = Respit the entire verse...maybe a lil more hype or laid back, pan this track to the left 100%, Turn this track down about 5-10 Db from the original....test it out, see what sounds the best

Track 3 = same as above but pan this track to the right 100%

Track 4 = Doubles aka dubs (optional)....test the volume level of this one...

and thats it.....this will give you a pretty dope chorus / panned effect

.pz.
    test
  2. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

yeah i did this a while ago...this works well....except i dont adlib choruses....but...this isnt a chorus effect...this is called "true stereo". ur really just making a left, right, and middle channel of the same thing.
    test
  3. DJX

DJX iTs GraVy BaBy

yeah..but if u do it numerous times, like one center...2 lefts (one at 100% pan one at 50%) and 2 rights (one at 100% pan and one at %50) it becomes a chorus...i was just giving the basic layout.....

;)
    test
  4. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

no....its still not a chorus effect

now...with 2 lefts (one at 50, and one at 100) u have near and far left...and the same with the right

u now have surround sound, if sumone has surround speakers, it would sound like the chorus was comin at them from all directions when it comes on...if the listener has stereo speakers (as most do) the 2 lefts and 2 rights will mix and ull get a chorus effect on the left and right...but the middle will be plain unless u do it 2 times as well...

your just making a really difficult way to get stereo and chorus effects

all you really need to do...is record in mono...and spit it 3 times...and have them at 3 different volumes...maybe reverb the lowest one...no panning involved..
    test
  5. Fonikz

Fonikz ExcuseMeAsIKissTheSkyyy

^^word..

vote - punch drunk
    test
  6. DJX

DJX iTs GraVy BaBy

im sorry for helping
    test
  7. $ Top Dollar $

$ Top Dollar $ New Member