For the Old OLD Heads/Beat Makers..

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by MAD SKREWS, Oct 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.Lujan

J.Lujan i aint gonna click that

shodown
    sol
    noviss
    40oz pro
    dj jb
    deeper era
    la raiderz
    rockwise
    mrob

hmm theres more but i cant remember right now
    test
  2. Lujan

Lujan blaze and amaze

that deeper era beat is sick. sounds like rockwilder did it
    test
  3. MAD SKREWS

MAD SKREWS Dear Mr.Toilet, Im Da Shi

so what do you think would happen if mp3.com came back but without the "pay for play" attribute. You think Mp3.com would reclaim its old members, or would soundclick retain its current members?..

I honestly think mp3.com would take over little by little and recompensate it's members.. I remember having a soundclick.com site even while I hard mp3.com.. it was just for shits and giggles tho, nothing serious..
    test
  4. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

I'm Pissed I Still Can't Peep Those Links Since My Inet Is Still Down At The Crib.

But Anyways.. Y Did Mp3.com Get Shutdown Again?

Didn't They Get Bought Out Or Some Shit.
    test
  5. Mr. sickVisionz

Mr. sickVisionz The Gentleman's Producer

Shit like MP3.com will never come back. The business model of "you pay us nothing and we'll give you thousands of dollars in return" can't be sustained for too long. Especially when MP3.com had as many artists as they did. But yeah, I remember the first time I saw a layout where the artist image was actually a part of the overall page. That shit was always fly. Its really too bad that soundclick isn't nasty like that. They basically copied everything else in their layout from MP3.com but that.

I don't remember that many cats, but the ones that stand out where:
    Nashid
    DJ JB... who I thought was by far the best cat at making beats. His synths were always crazy but they had a real old school vintage sound to them.
    Sol... he used to post as Lil C and had these super melodic Moesha type beats, but then he changed his name and almost over night dropped that shit and started doing heat rocks.
    Kaysha... if I remember right, he's probally the cat that started off with having ass shots as your song image or artist image. His music always had a really big feel to it. Sometimes it wouldn't quite be rap or r&b, but it was like some shit you'd hear in a expensive car commercial. That shit was always cool to me.
    Stylaz & Noviss... both of them where pretty tight with that Premo type stuff.
    Ray Digga... Man, ray digga used to have the nastiest club beats ever made. You wouldn't guess it now cuz all his does is weird super abstract "adult swim" type beats now, but he used to be super-duper nasty with club shit.
    test
  6. MAD SKREWS

You did have to pay...
    test
  7. noVa ProductionZ

noVa ProductionZ RS7K 4 LIFE!!! MPC BLOWS!

^ in the beginning u didn't tho i dont think.

They gave pay for play to any registered members.
    test
  8. MAD SKREWS

Not doubting what you are saying, but I was a member of mp3.com under LISN back in mid 2001 .. Actually you know what, I think you are right.. I just got a memory flash getting my first $83.00 check from mp3.com...
    test
  9. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

yea cnet bought it...

But they were in major debt and they were getting sued by the RIAA because they was (at first) allowing downloading copyright music (I think they lost).

http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,35933,00.html

So they were going out of business and cnet bought bailed them out, but at the time bandwidth cost 10x what it cost now.
    test
  10. Vince MGM

Vince MGM New Member

40oz & wyshmaster were tight.
    test
  11. Mr. sickVisionz

Mr. sickVisionz The Gentleman's Producer

Not at first. Trust me, I was a member and was getting quarterly checks without paying them anything. Around like 99 or 2000 they switched business models and started up with that thing where you had free members and premium members. At premium you could get paid for plays, but it was like $20 a month.

But even then, the business model of "you give me $20, i'll give you $1000" didn't last very long.
    test
  12. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

haha my inet is finally back up.. peeped those uploaded tracks.. i remember all three.. classics
    test
  13. Predator INC

Predator INC New Member

yo man on a different note theres an emcee around here who jacked some RM Cats beats for his album i know he stole a rockit production or sol beat (it was when yall ahd the same type of style) i got his cd at home newer cats dont worry about it my old school •••••z like sol and show down need to get at me (btw whyd you take my membership off ya site nikka? :-( ) but anyways noviss was killin it there use to be another ••••• who was killin it too. auditorys dope he still around. my ass is still ehre (barely tho college is a bitch) anyways man its all good. i miss those days. but then again at least we evolved from everyone doing dark beats to everyone doing kanye west beats lol. at least then i aint gotta hear outta key shit
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.