For Strong Believers

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by DemiGod, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Payback, LP, etc

Can you describe to me the moment, if there was indeed one moment, where you truly began to believe?

Not the "my parents say to believe" belief, but the feeling of spirituality when you became aware of your own faith.
    test
  2. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

yes.. im glad you asked i hope it's genuine curiosity.

i was incarcerated.. (don't tell know one i dnt wanna get judged :scared: ) well to tell a good story i started at the past like it was the present but lemme jump to the past for a second, i was raised to believe, i heard all the stories knew all the inspirational stories but i didn't know how to pray, how to pursue i did it without sincerity so it wasn't real. i been incarcerated and i would go to bible study and then get out of jail and slip right back into darkness.. the last time i was incarcerated i met the white crip from N.C. with a tatoo tear on his eye, he would walk around the tank praising, praying disciplining, and
    and he showed me how to break the chains.. i found my realization of the power of god one night reading a scripture in phillipians i will never forget.

Phillipians 3:10-14

10 I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.

12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

it broke my heart, i decided to fast and repent and all that, and after that i waged spiritual ware that was beyond relative comprehension. ever since then my walk has altered but i am more aware and sensitive to mankind and god
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

God told me I was going to Hell. Among othert things. first day id been sober completely in 10 years. He showed me my heart. He gave me a vision of Hell and the despair. It was life changing. I have much moore restpect for Gen 1:1 after that believe me.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  4. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

i had an INTENSE spiritual warefare, the devil was even talking to me in my dreams. I learned even to rebuke unconsiously.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  5. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Yeah LP....I'm legit interested in the topic.....no trolling....the idea where faith consumes someone in one powerful moment is fascinating to me.
    test
  6. lyricalpriest

it consumed me, at that moment i read that verse, it made me feel like crying, yet i wasn't sad, but i wasn't happy it was a weird moment almost as if my heart was broken, bc reality set in, and i knew that the old way of thinking was wrong and i was going to die to that old person and be reborn a new metaphorically
    test
  7. Riot

Riot The Dark Hero.

As For Me, It Was Indeed Instilled into me as a child, But as a grew and had my own

thoughts and doubts I really wasn’t sure.But then I Went to prison, read A LOT, all

religion, any religion you can think of I read about it, but the Bible was the only “Book” I

felt.

I’ve never had a “Moment” But I’ve had many occasions where I was wow…That was of

God.

Being alive and being where I am at today is a cause of him.

After my mother killed my father I really didn’t know what to believe, I couldn’t

understand if there was indeed a God how and why he would do that to me and my

siblings, But everything does happen for a reason, rather it be of God doing or of Flesh,

But I Still believe everything has its purpose.

But I will never say I am right and someone else is Wrong. I Have a strong faith and

with that being said someone who believes different I can’t say that don’t have the

same strong faith in something else.

All I Know is I Love God and he brings me a lot of Joy and I hope for everyone who ever

or whatever they believe in they get the same joy as I do.
    test
  8. lyricalpriest

that's deep! i agree with MK last view as well
    test
  9. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

LP's response is the one that interests me the most.....when I was growing up, I had little religious influence in my life....my parents are both fairly non-religious and they didn't press any views on me and let me make my own decisions. They wouldn't have minded had I become religious but they always pressed me to know why I believed the things I believe (about religion and everything).

That led me to be someone of a skeptic as a person so it's hard for me to have such strong faith. I'm not closed off to believing in God but I want to truly believe it and just because I'm afraid of going to Hell or I think it's what I should do. I used to argue about with religion with some of my friends and it seemed like they just believed because their parents told them so. I didn't really meet someone who really believed until college. I was talking about it with my friend (and now room mate) and he described how he felt once he felt his faith and I found it to be very interesting.

I think I find it interesting because, as a skeptic, I have a hard time believing so that moment of pure belief is something I can't ever see me having.
    test
  10. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

Its like this ive spent a long time being christian but in order for you to truely believe with out a doubt, u know that you know that you know status. U must have a crzy reality exp. Thats when God! Is actually reaching YOU an knowing that God is REAL its realer than our reality . but hell do it so strong it will be undeniable. Thats why its a frightening thing to come face to face with the living God. Your 1st real expereience is SO INTENSE itll be seared in your mine. His presence u feel able to accomplish! Successfully, anything! I would not wanna b on the recieving end of his anger. But when he reveals your heart to you ull feel soo bad. Like u knew all along a piece if you always did. U always knew. And the disrespect of disobediance to him will make you beg for forgiveness cus when ur there u get it. U see how bad even lil sin is to do in that light.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  11. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

Not only that but if u go to hell youll already know wxactly why.in both realns is a very heighted awareness to say the least. Really everything is more real
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  12. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

no one can know the extent of how powerful he is until he calls you out. Dilligence is what he respects but the first time he does there is no doubt. U will completely know, unmistakeably. U must have a profoumnd experience to even grasp the reality if it. Ull understand why angels bow postrate. But be careful cus satan talks too, but u will be able to tell wether it lines up with Gods word. If not rebuke it. The holy spirit speaks soft audiable but the tone of your consience, satan is loud distracting and will speak contrary to the word.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.