for all the honda/accura guys who wanna engine swap.

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by De'yon, Jul 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. De'yon

De'yon Hustle Payper On the Beat

http://www.l67swap.com/David Deeg.htm

A honda accord with a L67(super charged 3.8v6)

this is the first time I've seen one in a euro.

its not too hard to get these motors up to 400+ hp and the factory transmission can hold 450hp with no problems.

this is the perfect swap for street racers(or atleast I think so)

a stock L67 has either 210hp or 240hp depending on the year

thats like droppin a chevy in your honda but with the lighter weghte of the aluminum v6.
    test
  2. Polar

Polar Rep Levels Are Ghey

Last I checked Honda's were Japanese.

Anyways. That seems like way too much trouble. Looks like a good challenge, but not very practical. Ive seen Honda's and other compacts with crazy swaps like that, but not for street applications. There are easier ways to get that much HP under the hood of an Accord.
    test
  3. De'yon

euro-japanese whatever

I think thats a good honda swap tho....all the honda guys in my area are swaping for acura moters and still runin slow.

when for around the same price they could swap for a L67 do new lifter and springs and get a smaller pulley for the super charger and have close to 350hp at the wheels and still have options to go to 450hp before even thinking bout NOS

I'm planning on doin this swap if I keep my GP but I mighte just sell it and get a car that already has one
    test
  4. Polar

LOL there is no "whatever" Japanese cars are Japanese cars. Euro cars are european cars.

Another bit of info for you. Acura's are Honda's. There is no such thing as an "Acura engine" Acura is just the the name Honda gave to its upscale division in North America.

I still think for a practical application that swap would be way too much effort. Money, fabrication, etc... You could get the same performance results with less HP for less money.
    test
  5. De'yon

I know acura is made by honda but all the civic guys are swaping out their civic engines for acura integra enigines and still not doin a damn thing on the street.

and I'm not a fan of most Euro-japenese cars so once againe whatever....if it aint americian or highe class german I aint interested
    test
  6. Polar

Thats because whoever you know isnt doing somthing right. If you put a bone stock B series DOHC VTEC engine under the hood of a Civic your not going to be blown away with power. You gotta build it just like you would in the car it came out of. The reason people do those swaps isnt just for HP, but rather the HP to weight ratio. A Civic hatch with a B18C1 DOHC VTEC swap and mild mods should be a low 14 second car, maybe 13's with slicks. Dig into the engine with internal mods and you shoudl easily get a mid to high 13 second car. Now if thats not good enough for street use, I dont know what is. For the price and troubles, Id rather swap within the family you know what I'm sayin?
    test
  7. Dokta Zuess

Dokta Zuess Guest

the problem with this??...

the labor, and money...

We're still trying to get the 4.0 engine swap for cougs at a decent price...

right now, we're looking at around 10-13 grand....

who the hell is gonna do that?
    test
  8. trifle

trifle New Member

4.0? ....i thought that you were planning on doing a 4.6 in the cougar?
    test
  9. De'yon

damn 10 grand????

for this swap i'ma talkin like $1000-$2000 for the engine and tranny and the basic swap is a simple drop in at most you have to finde a shorter front moter mount.

and shop in the world woul touch the wireing on this swap but with all the online material availible if you can wire up a car stereo you can wwire the harnessess.

I had found a L67 and 5 speed out of a 2003 malibu with 300miles on it for $500 but they had already sold the pcm (and Ive never owned stick so I'm not too god at it)

this is a lowbudget regular guy type of swap not your rich spoiled brat type of swap. Ive seen plenty of cars with the swap and none of the owners have payed more than 3grand and thats with a few internal mods before dropping it in
    test
  10. Dokta Zuess

Dokta Zuess Guest

The 4.6 is looking more and more unreallistic as the days pass...i even think NECO gave up on it.

:(....However....in 2005 ford releases 3.5 duratec that looks to be a perfect fit....

It seems like everything they try, it always fails...or ends up being too expensive to get buyers...
    test
  11. Polar

But its not supercharged so why bother?
    test
  12. De'yon

^^^

L67 is the proper name for the super charger 3.8v6

it had the surper charger on it.. it was the 240hp one but without the wire harnesses and pcm the swap wont work...

when a car had a L67 the plastic engine cover thing says "3800 series II SUPERCHARGED"
    test
  13. Polar

Ok, first off the 2003 Chevy Malibu doesnt come supercharged in any trim level. Nor does it even come with a 3800 seies engine period. The Malibu's come with the 3100 V-6 with 170 HP. Also, you cant get a 2003 Malibu in a 5 speed. Only 4 speed automatics.
    test
  14. De'yon

^^^^

hey i dont know about malibus but I know the enginge was real cause I swa it in person atached to a 5 speed manual tranny .......it wasnt in the car tho...

so your probly correct exept I've seen malibus with the 3400 Dohc engine they dont all come with the 3100

but no matter what it came out of it was a 2003 L67 supercharged with 5 speed tranny for $500
    test
  15. Polar

I was talking about 2003 models. Besides, they never had a 3400 either. There was a 2.4L 4 cyl. put in the base models from 97 to 2000. So maybe it was called a 2400? Is that what your thinking of?
    test
  16. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

debatable but pretty serious swap
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.