Food intake for dummies...

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by worDwell, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worDwell

worDwell New Member

Ok.. I've finally got a nice weight lifting routine going on. I'm doing a lot better than I did in the past, from proper form, to concentration and giving myself adequate recovery time.

In 3 weeks I've already noticed some change - and I've only worked out 9 times.

Pretty soon I'm going to start running and heavy bag/speed bag training on my off days.

But I know to take it to that next step - I can't just eat anything. While I've been trying to be more concious of what I ingest... I have no real clue to what I'm doing.

I'm a rice/pasta eater. I try to front load those though, eat them during breakfast and lunch. I'm not into that whole 'cut all carb's' out of your diet line of thinking. Your brain needs carbs to function.

I've been eating more fruit, spinach... but then I'll make spaghetti omelettes for breakfast lol.

Anyone have some information, or maybe a website that will give me some guidlines on better eating habits?

I'm not trying to starve myself, or go to any extremes.. I just want some knowledge on foods, so I could substitute some of the things I'm eating with more productive alternatives.

People pay attention to their style of clothes, or cars, or hundred useless things a day, but then they don't even watch what they put into their body. I don't want to be one of those people anymore.

...peace...
    test
  2. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

the way i see it, eat anytime your hungry until your full. eat carbs, fats, proteins anytime you want. chicken (grilled), pasta, fish, chilli, beans, rice, fruits, veges, eggs, salads, sandwiches

if you can train yourself to stay aways from soda, junkfood(potato chips, cookies, etc), candy, and most of all FAST FOOD....you will be good. now when i say fast food i mean everything including taco bell, kfc and all that shit. that doesnt mean not to eat chicken, tacos, or burgers. just put in the time and effort to make that shit at home. eating fast food once a week will set you back. so if your serious its gonna take a serious effort of chefing up your own shit. plus theres always deli sandwiches, subways, restauants and shit like that.

another thing to watch out for are condiments. stay away from mayo, and make sure if your using dressing that its fat free or at least reduced fat.

and drink mad water, and try and get like 1 glass of milk a day too
    test
  3. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

Ignore the ignoramus above please.

What are your goals?

Don't eat until your full, eat small portions throughout the day.
    test
  4. worDwell

worDwell New Member

I want to eat foods that will give you more.

Foods that are more nourishing. I want to change up my diet - so instead of snacking on foods that I've gotten used to - I'll have better alternatives due to knowledge.

I hear that certain foods, filled with sugars and such, will slow your brain activity.. other foods will do other things.

I know if I front load the carbs during the day, I can still have my rice, but it won't be as bad as eating carbs in the night and then sleeping, since carbs are complex and take longer to break down.
    test
  5. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

eat as much as you want when you want

just eat healthy
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.