Focusrite Liquid Channel????

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by PHENOMENON, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PHENOMENON

PHENOMENON Blessed By The Beats..

Does this thing really sound the same as the stuff they claim

I was getting ready to buy a Avalon 737 & Rosetta 200
    but some one told me I could save money and get a better set up with this and more with all it's pres....they said the converters was even better or equal to the ones on Rosetta....I'm sooo lost right now...been doing mad research can I get some feedback from the people that knows there shit or at least knows this peice of gear...THANKS!
    test
  2. Money's Worth

Money's Worth 202 All Day

nevermind, was thinking about focusrite liquid mix
    test
  3. Stash

Stash R.I.P Point Game

I will start this by saying I have never used a preamp and fell in love so much than the FLC (Maybe the NEVE 88D's preamps). Maybe that's me taking it too far but I have to admit that I fucking LOVE IT and would love to see a liquid channel in every studio I walk in. It's an AMAZING product that I got introduced by a recording engineer that I know is very hard to please and he was talking brilliantly about it.

I used it for an experimental track and it was so perfect... it was scary.

buy it
    test
  4. Pete Wurthy

Pete Wurthy The Rap Mechanic

Never used the FLC but I own the Avalon and it is a great Pre. I don't use the compression or eq features on it but it does give a great sound and produces a very low S2N ratio. I wonder what the differences would be btwn it and the FLC.
    test
  5. Mr. ROUSH

Mr. ROUSH WWW.SOUNDCLICK.COM/ROUSH

The big deal about the Liquid Channel is that it emulates a variety of popular pre-amps. It's a nice thought, but use logic here.. the truly unique charactheristics of say even just 10 different popular preamps cannot be accurately reproduced with one piece of gear.. not that it's not great sounding, not that it can't come close.. just don't buy it for that reason only.. it's a good one to have around if you record a lot of different genres and a lot of differnt people because it gives you better odds of finding matches for each vocal range and performance.. but if you're looking to mainly produce yourself or one group all of the time.. you'll get better results with the originals.. that's my advice anyway
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.