Fluid in my ankle?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Look im Gangsta, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Please, before you read and/or answer. I hate doctors. People seem to pretend they do for some rebel points, much like parents who pretend not to know who to turn on the TV or use the internet. But I genuinely hate doctors and dentists. So please, use the H word only if you think I might die or my dick might fall off. Thank you.

You know that thin bone (?) above your heel. My right one is kinda aching (not enough to mention, normally) and when I move it, it feels all... rubbery I guess. I can feel something on the bone which is making a 'clicking' feeling. As if your stretching an elastic band.

I can't find any decent websites, the best I got was that I could have a fluid build up or something. It was vague as fuck. Plus it said I'd need a plaster cast for 8 weeks...

It said it could be the result of an old sports injury (I've rolled my ankle?) and since alot of you train and play ball... wondering if any of you knew..
    test
  2. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

I'm thinking about going to the doctor and claiming low sex drive and more fat gain to muscle gain in hopes that he'll spike me with like 500ml of test.

even tho I'd be lying my ass off to attempt to get roids.
    test
  3. KING MACK

KING MACK New Member

reminds me of one time when i got some glucophage for a buddy of mine.i booked a diabetes test and drank pepsi an hour before the test.
    test
  4. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

lol.... thats great.
    test
  5. INKonspikuouz

INKonspikuouz An sclábhaí na Éirinn

its called the achilles tendon and it could be achilles tendinitis. if you play basketball, go running, or any sport that puts body weight on the achilles tendon you tighten the cartilege that allows the bones to moves against each other. which could be the rubbery feeling and clicking you described. i had problems with it before and i wore an ankle brace and it was okay then. it could be from wearing shoes too tight for you also. its worth getting checked out cause if you leave it and it gets worse you will weaken the tendon to a point where you'll feel like a 60 year old.

or you can try massage it yourself or put ice on it or get some anti-inflamitory pills.
    test
  6. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Yeah, some one told me at college.

Shit's starting to hurt quite bad now. I thought I'd be able to sit it out but when I'm walking sometimes it feels like some one just wrapped a rope around my ankle and I loose alot of control of my lower leg. But then 10 minutes later I'll be fine as fuck. Jumping around off the sofas and shit and it'll be cool for the rest of the day. It's been like that from the start, but now shit is tarting to hurt instead of just being barely noticable...

I'll have to get it sorted because I keep hearing stories about how it rots or something if you leave it.
    test
  7. INesia

INesia Slug's 4th cousin ^_~

Achilles tendonitis is a painful and often debilitating inflammation of the Achilles tendon, also called the heel cord. The Achilles tendon is the largest and strongest tendon in the body. It is located in the back of the lower leg, attaches to the heel bone (calcaneus), and connects the leg muscles to the foot. The Achilles tendon gives us the ability to rise up on our toes, facilitating the act of walking, and Achilles tendonitis can make walking almost impossible.

There are three stages of tendon inflammation:

Peritenonitis
    Tendinosis
    Peritenonitis with tendinosis

I'm not if this helps, but the way you describe your injury is vague...
    test
  8. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

^^

You're really knowledgeable about the body. Studying medicine?

I can feel something akin to scar tissue underneath, where my heel and arch in the foot meet. If I push my index finger up into the spot I feel slight pain, in the crevass.

Sometimes if I run in boots or something, I feel that area knot up and I have to be very careful with how I step.

I thought perhaps it could be plantar fascitas(?), the new fad medical term in the NBA for foot problems it seems.

It comes and goes, most of the times its just uncomfortable, but sometimes it crosses into pain.

I woke up once after dancing for four hours the night before, and my foot was clutched up and I could not walk. I had to crawl down the stairs because the pain was so acute.

Any Ideas? I thought maybe I just needed to stretch it out, so I roll a tennis ball with my foot in the mornings (when I remember too).
    test
  9. INesia

Actually I am studying medicine...

Planter Fasciitis is an injury that involves the the sole or flexor surface (plantar) of the foot. A diagnosis of plantar fasciitis means you have inflamed the tough, fibrous band of tissue (fascia) connecting your heel bone to the base of your toes.
    Damage to the plantar fascia may cause it to swell, tear or bruise. You may notice a bruise on your heel or swelling in your heel

Do you notice the pain when you stand up for the first time in the morning? From what I've learned, most people with plantar fasciitis say the pain is like a knife or a pin sticking into the bottom of the foot.

BTW Plantar Fasciitis is a fancy term for "Heel pain" "Heel spurs"
    test
  10. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

No, not when I wake up, except for that one time after excessive booty shaking.

Normally I'll experience discomfort after prolonged periods of walking or running. It's more of a dull ache, that flares into pain on ocassion.

I've put heel cups in a couple of my shoes, but I'm looking for something that will provide longer respite instead of just treating symptoms.
    test
  11. INKonspikuouz

INKonspikuouz An sclábhaí na Éirinn

test
  12. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

test
  13. INesia

I never said those were my words you idiot...I simply let the guy know what could be wrong, I'm not studying podiatry, my field is in labor and delivery...and the reproductive system.

and if were giving everythig credit that we post (since I see everyone doing) than.....

Don't forget I've gathered my information from:

Nursing dictionary
    Fundamentals of basic care
    Nursing 220 Acute care
    Nursing on-line PLU university
    Clincal Practice

would you like page numbers as well?

Or is relaying the information back to the guy/girl simply enough to give them some insight on what might be wrong....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.