"Floyd would beat Pacquiao easier than he beat Shane"- Mayweather Sr.

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by SeeSon, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Zab's power wasn't as good.... Neither are his combos... Neither were his hooks.... Neither were the body shots.... Neither were the head movement or movement in general.

Mosely isn't as fast as Pacman. He may have more power but he can't use both his hands or have as good of footwork, or combos.

And I disagree on his footwork not being great. His footwork used to actually be bad (early in the days when he swung and sometimes ended up being off balance). That never happens anymore. The first fight when I realized how good his footwork got was in the De La Hoya fight. The way he spun out of corners and kept moving, hitting, stepping out. I think his footwork is "great". NOT AS GOOD AS MAYWEATHERS, but still great.

It's not just sheer volume. He's never boxed somebody who can use BOTH HANDS as good as Manny can. He's also never fought something with the speed and punching power and angles all mixed in one. The closest was Mosely but he's slower and doesn't punch from the different angles Manny does... Nor does he hit with the combinations Manny does.

All we can do is wait and see. It's gonna be a legendary, classic fight tho'.
    test
  2. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

i wasnt talking to you, just because i quoted somebody i agreed with doesnt mean im addressing the same person he did, chill out... and then you go and attack me for shit ive never said either lol.. did i say mayweather had faster hands then pacquaio? did i say mayweather fought anyone faster then pacquaio? no.. your comments just bring it right back to my last post anyways, point made.
    test
  3. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Well of course zab and mosely aren't exactly the same as pacman, but both fighters are faster than anybody manny has fought, which gives the experience in fighting quick fighters to mayweather.

And no manny's footwork is not great, until he caught cotto (who has basically no defense) he was being out boxed with jabs and lateral movement. After he took his confidence and his equilibrium it was over though.

Manny struggled against an accurate counter puncher in marquez, mayweather is faster, stronger, and more accurate than marquez could ever dream to be.

True it's a fight, and anything can happen but unless floyd slips up i don't see it not being an easy night for him. If he wasn't the favorite, it'd be the first fight i'd put money up on..lol
    test
  4. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Last time I checked... Cotto is fast as shit. Last time I checked, Cotto FINISHED Mosely (something Mayweather didn't do). Last time I checked, Mayweather ducked Cotto as well.

UNTIL HE CAUGHT COTTO? hahaha... Are you serious. That comes off ignorant as shit. Pacquiao's footwork against De La Hoya was even called BRILLIANT. His footwork against Cotto was called BRILLIANT during the fight.

And I find that funny you say he was being outboxed with jabs "until" yet Manny lost the first round and then took the next several. And last time I checked, it's called adjusting. Pacquiao adjusted to the first round of "jabs" and started using more faints and he started countering. People underrate the shit outta Pacquiao's ability to counter. Last time I checked, the majority of the people who tried to fight wars with Pacquiao got knocked down (AT LEAST). He counted Ricky Hatton BETTER THAN MAYWEATHER the last time I checked. And even Hatton hit Mayweather with a shot that made his knee buckle a bit.

That's hilarious you say that. IT'S HILARIOUS ANYTIME ANYBODY BRINGS UP MARQUEZ. Marquez went up ALMOST 10 pounds from his normal fighting weight to fight Mayweather and was much slower. Pacquiao MOVED UP TO MARQUEZ'S NATURAL WEIGHT AND BEAT HIM THERE. And Pacquiao has improved LEAPS AND BOUNDED since the Marquez fight. He mastered his right hand, MUCHHHH BETTER FOOTWORK, and they say he's gotten even faster.

We'll see... Manny's gonna make him slip up.
    test
  5. R3flex

R3flex Smackin Ya Manses

nah, i just think its stupid that you keep arguing like Pacquiao has no flaws or something.

Pacquiao has had problems twice before with a slow counter puncher. Considering that Mayweather is a fast & accurate counter puncher, are we wrong to assume he'll have a field day with Pacquiao?

Either way, keep banking on your hail mary. Just keep in mind that the majority of those who's opinion matter disagree with you.
    test
  6. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

So you don't see the people arguing like Mayweather has "no flaws"? Hmm... last time I checked, I mentioned where Floyd has the advantage over Manny. And I mentioned where Manny has advantages of Mayweather. Neither of them do have many major flaws... THAT'S WHY THEY'RE THE TOP DOGS IN BOXING AND TWO LEGENDARY HALL OF FAME STATUS BOXERS.

And if you wanna do it like that... Mayweather had problems with a faster southpaw puncher in Zab Judah at times that doesn't throw nearly at the rate/volume/fluidity/angles that Pacquiao (a southpaw) throws punches at... Am I wrong for thinking he would have problems with Pacquiao?

And he won't need a knock out. I think he could event decision him. But if you say so.

And you keep banking on the hype train while I'll look at things for what it is. When Pacquiao dominated Cotto, the "majority" of people were talking about they didn't think Mayweather could beat Pacquiao at that point. Realize that the "consensus" is usually VERY EASILY swayed. But look at it however you want....

I'm not saying Pacman will 100% win. I'm about 75-80% sure tho''.
    test
  7. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

people just like to bring up 1 fighters strengths and ignore anothers..

people were just harping on shane catching mayweather in the 2nd.. but they wont acknowledge how he adjusted and owned the rest of that fight hands down. but they want to acknowledge pacquaio adjusting to cotto taking the first round.
    test
  8. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

WTF? WRONG... I gave him props where they were due. I said he adjusted and dominated. How are the "people" ignoring his adjustments? And sorry, but the Pacquiao domination of Cotto was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY more dominating/impressive than Mayweather's over Mosely.... AND AGAIN: the last time I checked, Cotto beat a YOUNG/more prime Mosely

And please don't bring up the Marquez fight because Pacquiao has improved VASTLY since that fight. The last several fights with common opponents: Pacquiao dominated more than Mayweather. And when it came to most of them, it was Pacquiao coming up to the opponents weight while Mayweather's opponents came to his weight.
    test
  9. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

wow @ cotto is fast...lmao...

i don't know where you checked but No he's not fast at all.....he out boxed mosely, but it wasn't because of speed...lmao

WOW
    test
  10. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Why do you guys keep feeding the troll? :dunno:
    test
  11. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

"WOW". I never said he was faster than Mosely, did I? Stupidity. LEARN TO READ. I said he is fast but I didn't say that was his reasoning for beating Mosely now is it? Hmmm... Good job drawing a completely left field conclusion.

He is considered to have fast hands. I'm sure they don't talk about Cotto have quick hands.... Surrrrrrrrrrreeee...

And yes, he did outbox Mosely. And he FINISHED a younger/prime Mosely (something Mayweather couldn't do). Hmmmm.... Try again.
    test
  12. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Reflex quick question.

I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but how much does Roger actually train Floyd? From listening to him in his corner and watching the glimpses we see from 24/7, it comes off like Floyd trains himself.
    test
  13. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Good job calling somebody a troll who's making valid arguments and points to try to cop out for not having an actual intelligent or good argument. That, sir, makes you the troll.
    test
  14. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

lmao @ cotto is fast.....

a flat footed power puncher

is fast

lmao......I can't believe i got trolled
    test
  15. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

That's why in the early rounds of the Cotto/Pacquiao fight they were saying he was keeping up with Pacquiao's speed, RIGHT?!?!? Hmmm.... I'm sure there's been many boxers where people have even been able to stay within the vicinity of Pacquiao's speed EVEN EARLY IN THE FIGHT. Good job, idiot.

And my fault, I kept mixing 'em up... Cotto finished Judah and outpointed Mosely. Sorry for the mistake, people (surprised nobody called that out yet).
    test
  16. R3flex

R3flex Smackin Ya Manses

it's kinda like that. Roger lays a foundation down. He's always telling Mayweather how to counter this or offset that. How to avoid this punch & that punch. But in the end it's Floyd who fine tunes his game. Roger is like the baker who puts the frosting on the cake, Floyd is the guy who does the elegant designs right after. If that makes any sense.

Thing is, if there were another fighter as good & as gifted as Floyd, Floyd could train him & make him one of the goats. The problem is there isn't anybody as good or as gifted. But maybe in the future. Floyd has alot of attributes that you just can't teach or learn. Its like he just flaps his arms to fly. How you gon teach that to somebody?
    test
  17. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

That makes sense. I guess I wonder how good of a trainer Roger is? I know Mayweather Sr. is a great trainer, but I wonder about Roger. I know Floyd is loyal to a fault, but I wonder if Floyd could be even better with his dad as his full time trainer.
    test
  18. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Lmao @ this dude. Nobody falling for the troll attempt no more I know you just popping nonsense to get an argument.

You should have stayed within a relm of reality, cottos hand speed is slower than clotteys lol.
    test
  19. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

You must not have watched the fight with Pacquiao. And if you did, you must be blind or stupid.
    test
  20. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

dude, nobody taking you serious anymore....lmao @ cotto got quick hands...wow

it's called timing, movement and using the jab....lmao

nobody is going to come and cosign the shit you saying man.

I don't fault anybody for an opinon, but when you start just stating blatant lies to support an argument, you trolling

last response to you bout boxing
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.