"Floyd would beat Pacquiao easier than he beat Shane"- Mayweather Sr.

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by SeeSon, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

test
  2. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Smoke some more Sr.
    test
  3. Money Mac Sabb

Money Mac Sabb Horse Meat FTW

If he won that fight, it would have to be more decisive. The scary thing about Manny is that he's one guy Floyd likely wouldn't decision.

I think I'd predict about 3 rounds of brawling on manny's part, and if Floyd makes it out of that vertically, that's when he finds his groove and starts countering. If Pac stays on his feet the whole fight, he'd likely take the majority of rounds on sheer volume alone. Maybe i'm wrong, but that's the basic scenario in my noggin.
    test
  4. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

i think floyd can beat pacman.. and i think pacman can beat floyd, their on the highest echelon of fighter and it comes down to who strategizes the best and trains the best for this fight if it ever goes down.. and its gonna come down to who can adapt the best because i feel like both will at some point be outta there element, recovery and taking the fight back will be big.
    test
  5. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I see it very much the same way. Floyd's great at countering but he's never encountered somebody who punches from so many angles, at such a ferocity, at such a speed. IMO, he won't be countering as much as he'll be blocking with his shoulder and backing up as much as possible and/or grabbing Manny. His hands are just too fast.

Manny doesn't throw lazy jabs like Mosely was throwing. He'll throw firm stiff jabs mixed in with firm hooks, uppercuts, straights, and more. Plus, he has great head movement and his footwork has vastly improved.

We'll see what happens.
    test
  6. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I do agree with this also. Both of them are so high level. It's them two and then a sharp decline in talent afterwards.
    test
  7. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

The one who doesn't have experience fighting fast fighters is manny....

He's weak to counter punchers and somebody as quick and accurate as floyd is going to light him up all day.
    test
  8. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Should be a great fight... I want to see knockdowns on both sides... and I want to see a constant brawl for all 12 rounds... until one of them goes down for sure during the last minute in the final round... that would be CLASSIC!!!
    test
  9. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

lol..that would be, but it's not going to happen.

it's going to be manny swinging at air and getting pop shot to the jaw all fight....he may go down though
    test
  10. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

More like Mayweather tryna use his defense but Pacquiao picking him apart and feeling like round 2 of the Mosely fight for 60% of the fight.
    test
  11. jayoo

^keep dreamin haha
    test
  12. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

No need to dream... When the fight happens, it's gonna happen. He got DRILLED by Mosely twice... Someone who has slower hands than Pacquiao and isn't as good of a boxer as Pacquiao. HOW ON EARTH IS HE GONNA AVOID GETTING HIT BY MANNY (who I keep saying but can use BOTH HIS HANDS like they're his primary hands)?
    test
  13. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

lol @ pac picking floyd apart..lmao..dude's not an accurate puncher at all, he punches in volumes he just typically catches cats at off angles with his speed.

only thing that will give floyd trouble is his "cardio" even though floyd has some of the best conditioning in the game manny's creeps into the should be impossible range
    test
  14. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

That's crazy how you say he's not an accurate puncher. YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT PACQUIAO BACK IN THE DAY. Now, he's accurate as fuck.

Did you see what he did to Hatton? That weave into the right hook was FLAWLESS and perfect accuracy. Again... Freddy Roach has been forcin' Pacman to get his right hand as dominant as his left. He wants him to be able to use both punches as his primary punch and he's mastered that now. I think you're crazy if you don't see how accurate his punches are at this point. You must not have seen how he picked apart De La Hoya too...

And as much as people say Mayweather dominated De La Hoya... he really didn't. He barely hit him. I watched the fight like 9 times and the judges were bullshitting soooo fuckin' hard on what landed. De La Hoya blocked the majority of his punches (not saying he landed anything on Mayweather cuz he didn't). But De La Hoya is known to have EXCELLENT defense and Pacquiao picked him apart. It was speed, accuracy, and combos.
    test
  15. R3flex

R3flex Smackin Ya Manses

ANDtheMC, you gotta stop acting like it's impossible for Mayweather to win. Its cool if you're siding with Pacquiao but you act as if he's the odds-on favorite to win.

Mayweather is the favorite to win this fight. According to the bookies, according to the majority of boxing experts, according to the majority of boxing trainers, & according to the majority of actual boxers. All of which have more authority & a more valid opinion than you do.

Like I said, if you want to SIDE with Pacquiao cool. But stop arguing when someone says Mayweather will win. Stop trying to convince us of different when you're the one banking on the underdog.
    test
  16. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

Pacquiao can prolly knock Mayweather out.

That said, I think Mayweather will be too fast for him and outbox him for the decision.
    test
  17. jayoo

exactly..

i just dont get how everyone says "manny is speed floyd has never seen before".. but nobody thinks of it the other way.. has manny dealt with floyds speed before? with floyds type of defense? i just love how people pile on the questions for floyd but never for pacquaio.. same as you say floyd hasnt faced nobody like pacman.. well news flash, pacmans never faced anyone like mayweather either
    test
  18. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

the thing is, floyd has dealt with fighters similiar to Manny (atleast in terms of speed).

Judah's hand speed is greater than both manny and floyds (although his technique and cardio aren't) he was also a south paw. And Mosely's hand speed is still some of the best in the division as well. Manny has never dealt with a fighter with his speed, especially at welter. He's only fought slow guys.

this is a way tougher fight for manny than it is for floyd. Yes manny's head movement and footwork has gotten better, however he still is not a slick boxer he moves his head in a peekaboo type way gets in and starts swinging wild. His foot work is better but still not that great, mayweathers movement and footwork is possibly the greatest of all time.

The only thing about manny that floyd hasn't dealt with before is his sheer volume and "natural" ability to not tire. But floyd is going to use his reach and speed and counter shot manny all fight, besides a few rounds early i doubt manny will get a round.
    test
  19. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

WTF are you talking about? You're obviously not reading. I'm only arguing with people who make false claims about Pacquiao such as "inaccurate" punches. Stop getting all butthurt that someone is siding with someone other than Mayweather.

I already said either of them could win. WTF are you talking about? AGAIN: GO READ. I said I go with Manny in this fight.... If someone makes a false argument (IMO), I'm gonna disagree with it. Stop worrying about what I"m doing on the board.
    test
  20. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

WTF are you talkin about? Look at ALL the Mayweather/Pacquiao threads. I've said this EXACT SAME SHIT.

"Just as much as everyone says Manny hasn't ever fought anyone Mayweathers caliber; Mayweather has never fought anyone of Pacquiao's caliber."

I've been saying this. It goes both ways. And you guys talk about Mayweather fighting people with Pacquiao's speed... NO! Even boxing analyst say Pacquiao has faster hands than Mayweather. NO, Mayweather never fought anybody FASTER than him. The closest was Zab Judah.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.