Floyd Mayweather Jr. VS Zab Judah

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Mike Sullivan, Apr 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Sullivan

Mike Sullivan New Member

If judah didnt lose to Baldimir in his last fight i would say he has a good chance to pull off an upset against Mayweather, but now i think he has little to no chance. He still got a slim chance to win because he punchers harder then mayweather or anybody mayweather has faced but he doesnt box better, his hands are almost as fast but mayweather is more accurate, and mayweather is a smarter fighter. But then again Judah always comes back hard after losing so his loss in his last fight might have been a blessing in disguise. Logically mayweather should have this, but upsets are common in boxing and Judah does have a better chance at beating Mayweather then any of Mayweathers past opponents, but also Judah has a very questionable chin. So anyway who yall think is gonna win and why ?
    test
  2. dun dun dun dun

dun dun dun dun New Member

I think Judah has a better chance of beating Mayweather following his loss to Baldomir more than if he had retained his titles. He possesses much more focus and he always performs well when his back's against the ropes.
    test
  3. R3flex

R3flex Smackin Ya Manses

^True, but lets not forget Mayweather is the greatest he's ever been. I think he's won like 30+ rounds in a row or something? Mayweather has no problem dancing his way to a victory. Judah will have to pull Floyd out of his element if he wants a chance, and that's only a chance. If Floyd can do his thing, and Judah tries to look good, Floyd will win. Judah needs to just throw punches. Non-stop punching and hope a couple break Floyd's defense.

It should be a pretty good fight. I won't be getting it, but I say that now.
    test
  4. Cornrow Wallace

Cornrow Wallace New Member

I wanna see Zab win, but that shit aint gonna happen.
    test
  5. Jersey_Emcee

Jersey_Emcee aka LiQuiDliFe

Zab is gonna win...

Floyd beat NOBODY...I repeat...Floyd beat NOBODY...plus he's scared to fight Ricky Hatton and Miguel Cotto...why???...because pretty boy has no chin and could not handle a fighter who comes to fight...now granted people say Zab has no chin...well they only say that because of what Kasta Zyou did to him but honestly ANYONE in that weight class would have been KO'd by that same punch...FLoyd and Zab are equally fast and agile...and I give the punching power to Zab...its gonna be a good fight...but FLoyd is too big on himself and so is everyone else...I got Zab in this...
    test
  6. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

floyd has beaten top opponents before he went up to welterweight.....he dominated the weight classes under welterweight.....he hasnt fought nobody in the WELTERweight division.....but he has faught the best in weights below
    test
  7. R3flex

R3flex Smackin Ya Manses

Cotto has never asked for a fight with Floyd, as far as I know. He's not ready yet.

Hatton TURNED DOWN a fight with Floyd already.

How, in any way, does that say that Floyd is scared to fight those guys?

Floyd took out Jesus Chavez. The IBF lightweight champion right now. Chavez came to fight. He threw punches for 9 rounds straight. He came to fight. Floyd handled him.

Floyd also beat Castillo twice. The second time, Floyd was able to handle him easily. But their first war, Castillo banged away on Floyd & should've won in some eyes.

Lets not forget when Floyd dominated Coralles, said to be the Super Feather kingpin at that time. Floyd was even predicted to lose by KO, then he went on to knock Diego down 5 times before his corner threw the towel.

I agree that Floyd has an untested chin. That's true, based on how Chop-chop was able to wobble him. But the thing is, he doesn't get hit easily. He won't just let you bomb on his chin for 12 rounds. You have to work on it, and that means eating alot of leather. Zab's chin is questionable as well, but with his style, he opens up. Wasn't he wobbled by Baldomir? It's not very hard to hit Zab because he opens up alot to land that big punch.

You're entitled to your opinion on who's going to win, but don't just up and say Floyd has fought nobody. He's fought who he's needed to fight. He hasn't had that huge fight yet, but he's #1 P4P, so he's doing something right.
    test
  8. barnizzle

barnizzle HIP HOP

i got floyd over zab...
    test
  9. ~OMagic~

~OMagic~ Well-Known Member

Floyd gonna put on a clinic
    test
  10. BHop2005

BHop2005 New Member

Whoever chases the other fighter around the most will get dominated. That's a guarentee. Judah and Mayweather fight there best when there being chased them around. Not that much people are giving Judah a chance but I give him a chance. I give him Judah a great chance of winning this fight, if mayweather does most of the chasing. But if Judah does most of the chasing, he's going to get dominated.
    test
  11. the Prince

the Prince New Member

floyd;
    landslide.
    test
  12. Syza Koza

Syza Koza New Member

^nor the best at light welter, either. Under that, yes. But that's over three years ago. Floyd needs to start stepping up again.

Totally agree. I said this since the moment he lost to Baldomir.

AND once winky beats JT, he's #1 p4p for me.. due to the level of competition in recent years.

Anyways, if its a tactical fight.. floyd will win. Judah has to turn it into a slugging match.
    test
  13. R3flex

R3flex Smackin Ya Manses

test
  14. cuzzy

cuzzy New Member

i think judah gonna test floyd, floyd aint never felt punches like hes gonna feel tonight lets see what hes made of when his chin gets clipped.

and does anybody no of n e streams where i can watch this on the net
    test
  15. young J

young J that nigga.

This fight will probably have the most attraction since a Roy Jones fight.

but i'm taking Floyd in this one ..e••••ally after what he did to Gatti, it'll probably go a split decision.
    test
  16. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

Ill go out on a limb here both of these guys are my favorite fighters!

but this fight is at 147....

my prediction is Zab Judah by tko or ko after 6.

Floyd is one of the greatest boxers but he never faced someone with explosive power and quick bursts...remember how zab judah knocked out that slick ass fighter cory spinks?

A fighter is always hungrier when he needs to prove himself I believe they are at their most dangerous.
    test
  17. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

Winky is not gonna beat JT....you know why? cause I watched JT's interview and the kid if he implys his game plan then he will win in a boring ass Decision again...he said if winky doesnt come to fight well then I am just gonna wait for him to start throwing....the kid is gonna play mind games with winky even if it comes down to not throwing a punch for 5 rounds....JT did the same thing against slick ass bernard and he beat him by boring decision...thats the only way to fight slickters and defensive guys beat them at their own game, take them out of their element and not worry about the boos and jeers from the crowd....come to win.
    test
  18. Syza Koza

Syza Koza New Member

I'm sure winky won't mind standing in front of him and throwing 30-40 jabs per round while JT doesnt throw a punch. Hell, thats 5 rounds in the bag.

Know why winky will win? because hes the better boxer, period. and p4p one of the top three right now
    test
  19. dun dun dun dun

dun dun dun dun New Member

20-18 for Judah on my card so far.
    test
  20. R3flex

R3flex Smackin Ya Manses

I got 7 rounds to 3, Floyd. Through 10.

Floyd landind almost at will in the 9th. Judah's nose is steadily bleeding.

The 10th is a 10-8 round for Floyd because Judah was deducted a point for the low blow.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.