Fl studio or reason

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Question Me, Dec 12, 2005.

?

Fl studio or reason

1. Reason

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Fl Studio

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

obviously thats a shadow caused by the fan light dumbass
    test
  2. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

<didnt know the mastering suite wasent for rap music

lol i use that shit but fuck it

if i made a joint using stock reason sounds with no tweaks
    and the same exact joint, same notes, similar sounds (piano, strings, organ whatever)

the reason joint would have better quality to it

overall FL's stock shit is ass why would i pay for a joint thats basically jus to program drums in

only one sound i would use out of fl5 (the only one i downloaded)
    would be the lil scratchin sound, an thats if i had nothin else to use

the sounds dont come out based on hip hop type sounds
    they make techno tronic dance sounds
    why are yall reppin a program that doesent rep you?

reason is some overall shit i could do some techno shit
    i could prolly do some pop shit
    but i can most definitly do some rap shit with it, even if i never turned a nob (no homo)

so thats what settles it for me
    if the shit doesent come hot right out the box why would i want it, jus to have to tweak it.
    test
  3. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

Cuz I'm Maestro, and I can do these things.
    test
  4. kid848

kid848 Ya Boi Honesty

i'm not voting for either...

But if you choose a program strictly based on stock sounds... you're already a step behind. Honestly, I'ma use my own sounds when it comes down to it... so for me it's more about, how easily does it integrate into the setup I have and/or how can I build around it...

Just me though...
    test
  5. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

^i dont see the logic in that statement

if u usin fruity loops or anything other than reason then i guess that statement would make sense to you

but anybody that uses reason will tell you they have sounds that shit on alot of the keyboards out........

matter fact, the reason stock sounds sound better TO ME than most the bullshit these other ppl put out all the time...mainly because they are recording them shits CORRECTLY

ya'll nggaz is sleepin on reason

and ya'll wonder why i dont use VSTs....for what? reason got just about every piano, organ, and string known to man right there in the stock refill........they got every instrument imaginable in 2 compressd 600 MB CD's...god knos what the uncompressed size it is....ya'll sleepin son

fuck fruity loops
    test
  6. Cubase/DP/Logic for Production

Get that freeware weaksauce skeet outta my girlfriend

If I threw down how much I made from 1.5 hours of voiceover, you'd fall over dead and question the nature of the Hip-Hop Business.
    test
  7. Dskillz

Dskillz aka MG The Future

Anyways...

I prefer FL...
    just becuase thats the first program that let me do everything i want...how i wanted.

I just wouldnt use its stock sounds.

But after you gut it out and add some parts... its good to go.

i.e. Rack....

lol - its lovely for me..especially when i sample and do drums.

Id beef the engine up..but eh...i like mixing as well

so its whatever
    test
  8. Protege_

Protege_ without the underscore

i've been producing for about 4 years now. I started off with fruity loops, then fruity loops 2, then fruity loops 3. Then I moved to reason and worked with reason 1, 2, 2.5, then now 3. Now I have both reason 3 and fruity loops studio 5 XXL.

before i state my opinion about which program i personally think is better, here are some things i wanna clear up:

1. The FL stock sounds ARE wack, anyone and everyone would agree to that. But using reason stock sounds doesn't mean you're already behind, because firstly, you can use stock sounds and samples in the same beat, and secondly, there's so much hardware in reason that you can tweak a stock sound so much that it sounds completely unique already.

2. Sampling is very possible in reason. Of course it's easier in FL studio cuz you can time stretch, match to tempos, etc. In reason, if the sample is a whole riff and not just one sound (like a kick), then you gotta export the beat and mix and match the tempos with the samples on a multi-track like cooledit or cubase for instance. My homeboy does that, he mixes stock sounds with samples and he's come up with some sick shit.

3. In terms of chopping beats, they're both the same. FL studio works with X-Zero beat slicer, while reason works with ReCycle.

My opinion:

i think that the overall drum sequencing, mixing, navigation within program, song sequencing, is much easier in reason.

Of course these two programs really depend on what other hardware you use with it, and what other softwares you use with it. For instance, fruity loops can work with VSTs, its stock sounds suck so you gotta use outside sounds/loops and fruity loops can easily sample it for you. Reason can work with cubase, its stock sounds are dope but it's not as good for sampling outside sounds/loops. So it really depends on what you use them with.

But think about this, reason 3 has the MClass mastering hardware, each and every single one of its stock sounds are usable, just a matter of easy tweaking to your preference. it's easier to sequence, mix, navigate, because it's based on a real "rack" and real hardware, so it's common sense, instead of a made-up interface like Fruity loops. Although you can't really sample riffs, all you gotta do is work with a multi-tracker that can tempo shift and you're set.

It's close, but...

MY VOTE = Reason

just my 2 cents. it's just an opinion. no one get all anal about this shit goddamnit.
    test
  9. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

^yay Ffl!
    test
  10. Protege_

don't get me wrong though. I'm a big fruity loops fan and i'll admit it. and actually -008- is right, because fruity loops actually encompasses reason. This is because fruity loops is an entire studio, and you can even rewire reason to fruity loops and reason becomes its disciple. it just becomes a tool that is part of the entire studio that is fruity loops.

however, i personally can't let go of the fact that reason comes with all this power in terms of the sounds it comes with, and the fact that it's easier to use. not to mention how cool it looks. haha. but yeah, whatever, i use both anyway. and i think everybody should.
    test
  11. Protege_

i'm assuming that meant "yay fuck fruity loops"? LOL.

i still think fruity loops is tight though.
    test
  12. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

lmao @ any nigga choosing FL for its stock sounds.
    test
  13. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

why the hell would u do that???

lol..

cut a couple of loops off a track.. throw it in the nnxt.. n chop your shit..
    test
  14. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

how the hell do u chop in the nnxt i have to chop it before it hits reason
    test
  15. Protege_

you can match tempos in the nnxt? i know you can set the root note to match the tempo of the project, but you can't actually fuck around with the wavefile like in FL. and even that set tempo shit in the nnxt doesn't really do what you want it to do.

just to clarify, i'm not talking about sampling just a sound, i'm talking about sampling say a 2 bar riff or a 4 bar riff.

cuz in FL all you gotta do is import a wave, then use the mouse to stretch it or compress it to fit into 2 bars, 4 bars, or whatever you want.

i'm just tryin to help and learn at the same time man.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.