FL Studio 6 Demo is out..

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Arkane Beats, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dskillz

Dskillz aka MG The Future

...it sounds different..
    test
  2. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

ok here is the deal with this whole issue of does it sound different....

loading a spectrum analyzer on a sampler track is not going to provide you with any useful information. the analyzer on the sample track is going to read the input signal, not the output signal....so any differeneces in the summing (the math that is used to produce the mixdown/playback) is not going to be a factor. if you want to find out if the summing has bein improved/changed, or whatever you can do this. take a audio sample, and load it into fl5, and take the same sample and load it into fl6. then export both samples to the same bit depth/sample rate. then load both sample into fl6. this should have been done in a way so that both samples start and end at exactly the same time...then load them up so that they will start at the same time. then invert the phase of one of them...now when you play both at the same time, youll get silence if the summing is exactly the same...if you dont get a silence, then the summing is different between v5 and v6.

the bottom line...if you get silence and you still hear a difference then something else is going on that has nothing to do with the audio engine.
    test
  3. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

it just sounds different...
    test
  4. BeatSlangaz

BeatSlangaz 08 is not your year!

I hope the cats sayin it sounds better aint on no stock soundcard with some crappy monitors..Everyone who said its the same had valuable points as to why while the rest of ya are saying"it just sounds different"....Just A B the shits man its not that hard it takes like 2 minutes tops........
    test
  5. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

a and bing it is fine, but that still comes down to what you hear. who knows what really goes on when people hear things and why shit sounds different to each person, but if you try to do a phase cancellation (the process i explained) it will 100% without any doubt tell you whether or not there is an actual change to the audio engine thatll justify or question what it is that your really hearing...if your content with just thinkin it sounds different then whatever...
    test
  6. Arkane Beats

Arkane Beats www.arkanebeats.com

I'm a training audio engineer, I know how to read spectral plots, waveforms, and spectrums

You obviously dont even know what spectral analysis is because you keep referring to it as spectrum analysis

spectral analysis..look it up

long story there would be a difference in the spectral display if there was an actual difference in the sound

But there is not. And you dont even have to go that far, the wave forms are IDENTICAL
    test
  7. I.N.F.O.theking

I.N.F.O.theking haha 80s modanna

FL sound engine isnt worth the argument
    test
  8. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

EMU 1820, K240 Reference Headphones.

Alesis Monitors.

And I hear a Difference.
    test
  9. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

so fuckin shoot me for misreading on a quick glance...

[​IMG]

but obviously i dont know what it is...because this isnt really a snap shot from one of my project files or anything...

if you can tell the difference between the same audio files that went through two different summing busses by looking at a spectrogram...then your a much better man then i am...and honestly i dont see how you can, any differences in two summing busses, especially two that are from the same company that is only one upgrage version later, is gonna be extremaly small...i dont understand how you can "see" it.

edit: lol i forgot to finish one of my thoughts
    test
  10. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

wow...RM not only has beatmakers....they also have scientists....

somebody render a fuckin SNARE in FL 5 and 6

then load both them mafuckaz in cubase

load the mafuckin PAZ frequency anaylzer plugin from the waves platinum bundle

press play one time for each separate bus, to catch the peaks (they will freeze automatically)

take a snap shot of each

and then one of these photoshop geniuses fuse the 2 together to find a difference

so we can finally shut the fuck up about this whole shit......
    test
  11. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

^^^ u have no idea what the fuck your talkin about so just stop...
    test
  12. _REAPAH_

_REAPAH_ Mello Dee

my dude told me it wasnt even worth the update... On some real shit, i just might get it so i can say i have 6

I aint fuck wit the demo on my good cpu yet, immo fuck wit it tonight
    test
  13. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

I did your test SamSneed, and the exported sounds are exactly the same
    test
  14. urban_tactics

homeboy i kno u aint talkin to me

u the one comin in here with ya internet research and u still dont kno wtf u talkin about

with ya 5 paragraph ass post of shit that coulda been said in 2 sentences simply because you dont kno what the hell u talkin about

a change in the sound is gonna change the fuckin frequency peaks........even the SLIGHTEST fuckin change dumb ass

all sounds have their OWN frequency

this is the shit u audio engineers dont learn......they dont teach u what frequencies are as a whole...u learn them from a PURE AUDIO point of view

ya'll have no idea what the difference between digital and analog is...ya'll dont kno the logic and science behind it........u dont kno how an A/D D/A converter works...they just teach u how to use one

once again for the poor man's RM scientist (YOU)

step 1: render the same wav from each program...........(simple)
    step 2: load each wav into its own channel on a daw....(simple)
    step 3: load the fuckin paz frequency monitor plugin on each fuckin channel....(simple)
    step 4: hit play on each...the PAZ will catch the fuckin EQ peaks....(simple)
    step 4: take some fuckin screenshots
    step 5 : fuse the fuckin pictures together with some transparency and look at the fuckin differences

what is so hard about that?

i get tired of mafuckaz like samsneed who pops up in erry thread actin like he kno some shit comin in here talkin some fuckin nonsense when he shoulda kept his mouth shut from the fuckin beginning

now sit down.
    test
  15. Money Greene

Money Greene Da Man-Da Myth-Da Legend

i dont care what you say, the low end side reason's sound engine needs to be tweaked especially, shit tweak the entire engine.
    test
  16. urban_tactics

^tweaked how?

the low end used to be foggy as hell in the first 2 and now its a lil more defined in this one....anything else can be corrected with a multiband compressor over the entire mix........i wouldnt rely on reason as a rendering source anyway....but i mean if u like to render ya beats on reason, i suggest u hit it wit a multiband (if u kno how to use one) and even that bass out with the rest of the mids and highs
    test
  17. Arkane Beats

Arkane Beats www.arkanebeats.com

lol im done arguin about fuckin sound engines

believe what y'all want

test
  18. LøCkz

LøCkz Registered "User"

tell you what, since you deleted my pm

ill trade ya "wave diamond bundle" for this reg key...
    test
  19. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

lol @ this arguement. If digital audio is all numbers and something changes how the hell can the waveform not change I thought it would be common knowledge u dont need a book or a class/degree ect to figure that out its a pointless arguement i havent tried 6 but how in the fuck do u change a sound without changing a wave form
    test
  20. Money Greene

Money Greene Da Man-Da Myth-Da Legend

the low end just isnt like thick enuff to me. I've played the same kik in acid and reason and in acid if just seems to thump a bit harder to my ears. Now, if no one else hears it, maybe its me but the low end on reason, to me, needs some tweaking/beefing up.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.