Fitch injured; out vs Penn @ UFC 132

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Big K, Mar 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

test
  2. shabadoo

shabadoo New Member

Good. Fitch's fights bore me to tears.
    test
  3. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Alves would get trashed......put in someone who could win

The

Natural

Born

Killer
    test
  4. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

Yes, I'm sure that they guy who leaves more holes for counterstriking and has no takedown defense has a much better chance than Alves...
    test
  5. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Riddle me this.....how does Alves win this fight?
    test
  6. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

Alves can win by TKO or decision.

Yeah, yeah...I know "Penn has teh great chinz evar! No one can knawk him owt!" If Edgar can hurt him with a knee, Alves definitely can. Also, he mixes up his attack well between the legs, body, and head. Condit is mostly just a headhunter.

He's got more power, better striking defense, more strength, better takedown defense, and is better at getting back to the feet once he is taken down.

Condit has reach and a bit of cardio.

How's Condit going to win?
    test
  7. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Relentless pace......BJ gassed against Fitch and I think Condit could do the same

I don't see Alves winning because he gets grapple fucked by top level guys....
    test
  8. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

Powerhouse wrestlers can make BJ gas. Condit has pretty terrible wrestling, though.

Alves may get grapplefucked by top level guys, but Condit has had trouble grappling with the likes of Rory MacDonald and Hiromitsu Miura. Condit would've been fucked if either of those guys had BJ's top game. I also thought he lost to Ellenburger.

Condit definitely has better cardio than BJ, but he won't be able to make BJ gas while he's on his back.
    test
  9. haatley

haatley Well-Known Member

fitch afraid bj gon take him down again.
    test
  10. Makabreli

Makabreli done

condit definitely lost to ellenberger. dude was falling over and basically giving up.
    test
  11. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

whoever it is that replaces him (probably condit)...if bj dont beat him convincignly then can we finally stop calling bj one of the all time greats? bj has the most rabid fans in the game, and they have found an excuse for every single one of his loses. no matter how often he loses or looks bad they find excuses and explantions that somehow takes away from his poor performance. bj penn is by far the most overrated fighter in mma and i would love to see him lose to condit

and dont get me wrong condit is a beast and actually one of my favorite fighters, but hes never been regarded as one of the all time p4p greats, which bj has somehow had attached to his name for a decade now
    test
  12. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

Your crazy if you don't get why Penn is considered a p4p best whether people still think he is now is on them but at one point it was undeniable
    test
  13. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

thank god, hope he just retires and never comes back
    test
  14. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

I'd love to see Alves-Penn. Condit-Penn would be cool too, bit Alves has a better chance - better striking and better TDD. Getting wrestlefucked by GSP and Fitch is nothing to shit on someone for. Who else has pulled that off vs Alves?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.