First ten words of the Bible....trinity of trinities

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Coup d'état, Dec 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."

beginning: time (past, present, future)
    heaven: space (length, width, height)
    earth: matter (solid, liquid, gas)

Trinity of trinities in the first ten words...God is worthy.
    test
  2. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

test
  3. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i hate when christians change the meaning of the bible
    test
  4. Coup d'état

oh yea, me too. what was changed here in your opinion ?
    test
  5. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i think your overcomplicating this simple statement made thousands of years ago by simple men compared to the men of now. but i dont see it as that important as other scriptures in the bible which are giving completely different meanings.
    test
  6. Coup d'état

What is a common misconception now is that our ancestors were a lot dumber than us...but what is probably agreed upon by both Christian and the secular is that we are way more intellectually inferior than they. Really, think about this.

We are dumb, being dumbed down, and are in a fallen world. EVERY THING is in decay. No exception.

And also, God created the universe. So he did in fact create time , space, matter. I was just kinda highlighting it in the verse , pointing it out.

A scholar back then....would put any public university professor to SHAME. I guarantee you that bro. And to say nothing of you and your sega.
    test
  7. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

another common misconception is to think when i say simple that i mean dumb. what i am actually saying is that the people of that time didn't realize how complicated the world around them really was. they didn't understand the concepts of time, space, and matter as we do today. sure i bet alot of scholars back then would put the ones of now to shame, but if someone of today pulled out an ipod then they would be GOD. knowledge can never replace experience.

as far as what christians agree to as fact... lets just keep the stupidity out this thread
    test
  8. Coup d'état

I guess. dumb as in simple, in a way.

I think the reverse would be true if you went back then. They had systems in place and knowledge of how things were and could definitely comprehend the complexity of Gods creation, probably better than we can today. We understand this complexity a lot more true, but we are also drunk in deception and thus are far removed from it still.

. In that we think know it all now. We are the gods now according to today's humanist (who happen to create our reality socially). We have flipped everything up side down. Up is down, down is up. Everything we learn as kids today is pretty much backward to how things were down at x time in history. It's a slow decay...imo

So simple in a good way back then was more conducive to human life, but even still life has always been on the upswing toward destruction. Now, today we are on the brink of another dark age....and we think this is alright smh. We are so PLAYED. Jesus man, don't be a fool. Repent Ye.

that's how I see it.
    oh, Sega cd dude....that was a good destraction as a kid.
    test
  9. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

no dumb is not in simple in a way. lemme give in example. i live in the south but i live in a major city, Richmond. at the moment im fuckin wit this girl that lives about 30 mins west in the countryside where the nearest neighbor is acres away. she's not stupid, but a lot of the things she does is simplier than we do here such as how they clean, shop, cook, etc. at the same time she has a laptop and is better with a computer than i am and i go to college for it. also at the same time im smarter in about 50 other topics.

anyway back then morals were different, human life, systems, etc and we could discuss if they are better or worse but thats just our opinions. what CAN NOT be argued is that people back then only knew a limited amount of what the world is...lets call it science...compared to the huge amount we know now. you think religion is the way to stop another dark age, but thats another discussion. idk what sega has to do with anything either thats another discussion
    test
  10. Coup d'état

I hear you. I think it's all a matter of opinion like you said. I understand what you are saying and I used to think the same way. I no longer do.
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

do studies bra.
    test
  12. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

you should go back to that thinking for a week. see how much more we like u
    test
  13. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

id address this if it made any sense
    test
  14. TheBigPayback

Try studying the actual verses. Theres backgrounds, theres things you need to know to fully understand what your reading. Ud do it for any other book. U read shakespear u must learn about the culture its from or it makes little sense without understanding certain things.
    test
  15. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

What does that have to do with a trinity?
    test
  16. TheBigPayback

Its a trinity of life.

Birth, life, and death.

Like the life of man.

Which is Body, soul, and spirit.

Man is a triune being as well
    He IS a spirit, he POSSESSES a soul (btw which also is triune mind, will, emotions), which LIVES in a body.
    test
  17. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

again BP your overcomplicating simple bullshit. shakespeare was a poet, metaphors, similies, etc is what he does. this verse is describing...well lemme just copy and paste it, something your very familiar with BP

" 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
    3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

6 And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” 7 So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day."

i extended it a lil bit for the sake of reference. this is all clearly just describing the so called beginning. religious folk get such a hard on by telling people they are misunderstanding the bible. this is why so many religions exist today.
    test
  18. TheBigPayback

Ok. Now compare gen 1:1
    to john 1:1
    test
  19. TheBigPayback

5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day

This btw I have an issue with translation and ill explain why

And the evening and the morning were the third day.

Read that translation. See the issue.

^
    Thats is to describe the period "of the length of time" understood as being a complete day.
    NOT as and i repeat that the sun rose and set day one. Its said in a way to explain a length of time, the translation u pulled from is already causing a problem.

But i just wanted to add that while were there.

Ok but back to our original comparsin
    test
  20. TheBigPayback

Ok first of all i was comparing HOW u need to approach the reading of scriptures. Yes u can read it dry. But by doing that u are not FULLY understanding or appreciating the layers of the word of God. The shakespear reference was to compare to the difference when reading shakespeare dry and reading it in the context of what was being written about, to whom, from what culture. The text broadens with these aspects of knowledge reading shakespeare OR the bible. The bible was written to a foriegn culture that u are not that familiar with. Knowing these cultural things help to know, expand, and broaden your understanding of what you are truely reading.
    You also tend to learn more about specific things by reading different references to them in different places in the text an ill prove it with scripture.
    "that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established."

This means EVERYTHING in the bible is referenced by at least two to three different people. This must be taken into acct when studying any issue in the bible.
    Which is why i wanted u to read john 1 also
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.