Finally, Last Magazine of 2005 (more or less)

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by TaLi RodrigueZ, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaLi RodrigueZ

TaLi RodrigueZ Washed Up Rapper...

Table of Contents

I. Introduction
    II. End of the Year Rankings
    III. Interview w/Runna DaMille (Short, BUT DON'T MISS IT!!!)
    IV. Perception vs. Reality Brought to you by TekneeK
    V. Tek's 2005 Awards
    VI. Words of Wisdome from Pestilence
    VII. Voter of the Weeks v.5
    VIII. TaLi's Top 10 Verses v.5
    IX. RSTL Flashback (More stuff for the archives)
    X. TaLi's Favorite Verses of 2005
    XI. RSTL Awards 2005 (Nominations)
    XII. Conclusion

test
  2. TaLi RodrigueZ

I. Introduction

Hello, and welcome to the last magazine of the year. Let’s see what has taken place the past three weeks. Vigil came two votes away from beating me for his first title. Richard Corey DID beat me to capture his third title, only to kiss it goodbye a week later to Atheist by not showing. Speaking of Atheist, he’s been on a pretty impressive streak since his return and he’s now our newest 2 time champ. TekneeK has become the fourth member to reach the 60 win plateau. Anaphora is one match away from getting the title shot he came back for. Runna DaMille has quietly reeled off a few wins to put himself back in the championship match for the third time this year. Cereal Killer came damn close to contending for his second title. DiC, well, what can you say about him, he’s been on of the most productive members this year and he continues to be. Annihilation aka Claushouse has worked his way up the rankings with a number of pieces that have injected a level of creativity that few others have been able to capture. Get Life is still doing his thing. NinjaKid is now Pain. Grimey Bastard, if not for running into a number of tough opponents, would have made it further up the rankings. Anyways, here we are, the end of the year. We have quite a bit to. So let’s just get to it.

test
  3. TaLi RodrigueZ

II. End of the Year Rankings

This is who happens to be in the league at this point – 12/19/2005). This is not cumulative! In addition, this may not be the way the rankings look when the league starts back up because various people will sign out, like myself for example, and others may sign in. But if you stay in the league, I will keep you as close to where you are now as reasonably possible.

1. Atheist (36-10) (New Champ)
    2. Runna DaMille (16-3)
    3. Anaphora (6-1)
    4. Strike2 (4-0)
    5. TaLi RodrigueZ (32-5)
    6. TekneeK (61-20)
    7. Annihilation (4-1)
    8. Young Gawd (5-1)
    9. Vigil (8-5)
    10. Richard Corey (40-9)
    11. Cereal Killer (35-13)
    12. DiC (28-7)
    13. Ashen Horse (4-2)
    14. Pain (8-5)
    15. Got Life? (6-5)
    16. Pro-deuce (16-12)
    17. Junio Sixnine (14-8)
    18. Grimey Bastard (3-3)
    19. Awaken (3-2)
    20. Ryder (1-0)
    21. Gerald Morgan (1-1)
    22. Lola (1-2)
    23. Seph (0-1)

test
  4. TaLi RodrigueZ

III. Interview w/ Runna DaMille

TaLi: How are you doing today Mr. Runna DaMille?

Runna DaMille: Hectic past two months, domestically. Nearly all of my family birthdays in Nov, plus thanksgivin, makes for one expensive month. Then we follow that with Xmas. Deficit spending can be stressful.

TaLi: I agree wholeheartedly. So, You joined the league, what, 6 or 7 months ago and still very few know anything about you. Tell us something about yourself that we might now know.

Runna DaMille: I first entered this name in the league in March I think.
    Originally, I joined because my better known name had done very well and one thing irked me about the inevitable backlash. That was the criticism that I was too mechanical and didn't have emotion or vividness. Mostly it was people, who didn't know my history, judging what I was doing at that time. So, I created this alias to post up verses I wrote 4-5 years ago when my focus was on other aspects of my writing. Alas, those critics seemed to disappear about the same time my original name did, so I signed out and signed back in with my original name. After continuing my great success, the next backlash came in the form of detractors attempting to tarnish my acheivements by claiming my victories were mostly due to dickriders. So, I signed back in with this alias, to show that I could win when virtually nobody knew who I was. Nevertheless, some people caught on.

TaLi: Interesting. And so all this time you've been winning matches with older unused verses? Who could possibly pull that off?

Runna DaMille: Even though I continued to post old verses, the template of my style, which I honed back then, is still inherent in my writing today.

TaLi: I thought so personally. I'm surprised more people didn't catch on. So would you like to make the official announcement or would you like me to?
    Runna DaMille: Go for it. Of course, you could let the reader figure it out.

TaLi: Ladies and gentlemen...We are all here today to unmask the winner of 2 RSTL championships...A man who has done the unthinkable...Won championships with one name, then go and win another two championships with another...All in the span of a year...Over 30 wins...Only 4 losses...He is none other thannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...................Nevermind let's move on lol.............
    So do you feel like you accomplished what you set out to do?

Runna DaMille: I'd have liked to have gotten my fifth title before the year's end. I actually had a match with Atheist in the Spring tourney but he no-showed. I think he's a very dope writer and I had a good idea which verse I was going to use for him. One funny thing has been to see the other end of the spectrum critiques I've gotten as Runna.

TaLi: Anything hypocrtical about some of the replies you got?

Runna DaMille: Yeah. Unfortunately, while I was hoping to have my haters praise my alias, the reverse happened. People who praised me as RIKOSHAY didn't think very highly of Runna sometimes. Obviously, the verses I've posted as Runna aren't as polished, so there is more room for criticism. Still, I've felt, at times, that some of the things I liked about those verses I posted wasn't picked up on.

TaLi: I still think a lot of people would take those results

Runna DaMille: My losses were to you, Nique and Richard Corey. Can't say that I neccesarily would have won anyway.

TaLi: Who knows man. I still think that is pretty impressive...Any plans for the new year with name?

Runna DaMille: I'll post against Atheist, likely with something new, and hopefully we'll give the readers a great match. Then I plan to sign out, regardless of outcome. If I contribute anything to the RSTL, it might be to help with the Tourney or the revamping of the league that you and I have discussed.

TaLi: Overall, do you think the league has helped you become a better writer or has it had the opposite effect?

Runna DaMille: Well, it helped me work towards a deadline and keep focus on reaching a preconcieved conclusion to each verse. In the past I might have had a general idea of what I wanted to say but I did usually plan out how to convey it. Matter of fact, I'd only written 3-4 stories in my life prior to joining. Conversely, being so restricted and trying to meet deadlines forced me to concede creativity at times. Towards the end, I felt like I was writing what the people expected to read, rather than what I wanted to write

TaLi: I am totally with you with that response. I don't even know if it's conscious or not, but people get accustomed to seeing one thing out of you and then when you decide not to do that they don't always seem like the most understanding folks in the world. By the way, are you going to combine your record or keep it as two different things?

Runna DaMille: keep them seperate. Runna hasn't been verses written for the RSTL so it's been more like an experiment. Don't mind saying I have 4 combined titles though. haha

TaLi: Any last words you wanna let loose on the people? lol
    Runna DaMille: Sorry for another boring interview. Haha

test
  5. TaLi RodrigueZ

IV. Perception & Reality (TekneeK)

The following is a look into the side-by-side perceptions of the RSTL’s realism and it’s fabrication. The opinionated as opposed to the factual reality of this section is submitted to give awareness of each individual in the proper light of all that is.

PERCEPTION

A recordkeeping on a person’s status in the RSTL is insignificant to the individual’s performance and presentation when posting a verse.

REALITY

Half-truth. While some people compete in the RSTL to improve writing skills and enhance their style or even to find some form of achievement in the presence of others, there are some who have an outlook in performing under the influence of their moods. Translation---You write your best when you feel like it, other times you want to experiment a style or write something out of your own or you write something quick because of a time deadline—and you know it’s not your best. There are some folks who take the league seriously and do draw their attention on the achievements like the RSTL ARCHIVES show. The history of all the winners in the tourney, the most consecutive wins, the winning streak---these are all ways in not just making the league popular, but to also recognize and utilize exploits to all those who religiously compete in the RSTL. I created the league to give something to everyone to be serious on. If you’re in the league ‘just to do something’, that is fine… but it gives you no right to discourage the intentions and reasons of why others join the league…. “to each his own..” Keeping a record of how you do is everything that evaluates YOU. People reset records because they either don’t care for the way they approached into the league… or they don’t take seriously what they do the first time they compete… anyone who does keep a long-standing record of how they’re doing wins/losses are loyal, competitive, and goal-driven writers who through the process of wins and losses accept their achievements in the way it is. To say that you don’t care much about records, wins, losses, achievements---if it’s your own exhibits that you’re proud of to share towards others… it is fine, but in the purpose of the league, it’s what some utilize and focus as their standards on what abilities each individual has.

PERCEPTION

With the above PR stated, if one is a good writer, he should be an RSTL champ eventually.

REALITY

What is a good writer? What makes someone good? The way he covers his style of rhyming? The mechanics that the person utilizes so well? It is essential to possess skills in the different elements to create a good verse, but intangibles DO play a part in this league. What every person calls a ‘dickrider’, I call it ‘someone who’s favored you because they like your style’. To me, I honestly do not consider that cheating. The individual has managed to write something so different to the point that the readers recognize what they like about your work. The ‘personal preference’ is the emphasis of an intangible that determines who is better when voting. Getting the vote of confidence from an RSTL member is to not just use your skills, but to use the art of convincing in the minds of the voter. On record, RSTL champs are recognized for it. From VERN-ACULAR to DICINYAEYE … all the champions with more than 2 titles are deservingly members that should be recognized. I personally humble to mention them necessarily at any given time. Many may not care much to join the league for the #1 spot---they may feel that to just be in the league to personally enhance themselves is perfectly appropriate, but those others that come to the league want some form of purpose to consume their leisure time… and considering a champion title is everything that matters to their self-esteem, so let them be who they are and let them behave the way they are. They create what’s good for the league and publicize the hype on what’s happening. Winning isn’t everything, but losing sucks. Folks that are ‘into the league’ are there to make it interesting … With that saying… a good writer is one who’s fully intended on knowing what their purpose is… how they want to type what they feel… and how serious they are by being in the league… but also how they enlighten their verse in the eyes of others.

PERCEPTION

Constant no-show individuals are troublesome people in real life.

REALITY

Not really… in both ways. If you do show or no-show, it does not change who you really are. No-show folks are equally aligned to the regulars in the league. Real life vs online life is important for us. People with busy schedule in their lives are occupied with lots of real time tasks to fulfill that part of their lives and to also be online when possible. Online folks are more in-tune to spend time on the net to do what they do, but likely as a hobby, and at the same time fulfilling what’s necessary in real life. HOWEVER, there are few that are just lost in both lives and are just not too serious upon doing things online and off---with that being it’s a tossup from three different views.
    test
  6. TaLi RodrigueZ

IV. Perception & Reality (Continued)

PERCEPTION

Vern-acular joins with Tali and Rikoshay as best of 2005.

REALITY

Vern-acular maybe arguably one to stand alongside with Tali and Rikoshay for his achievements. But if you’re going to state that, you might as well put DICINAYEYE and RUNNA DAMILLE, because all of them have done something special this year. (see the RSTL ARCHIVE). DIC should be a nominee for MVP of 2005 because of the added achievement of winning the 2005 Winter Tourney. That alone is fuel to the fire of why he should be a good contender as MVP. Rikoshay overtakes INFINITE TRUTH and VERN-ACULAR with most consecutive wins at 18, and has stamped his name to greatness with 3x champ. TALI on the other hand defends his title with an astounding 11 title defenses. Both are too much above the rest in their accomplishments and is disputed by many as the MVP without question. Everyone beneath is overshadowed arguably for other things achieved.

PERCEPTION

Payback voting is not allowed and can’t happen.

REALITY

There is no way to avoid payback voting. It seems some voters in the RSTL are showing just that by lying about what they think of both competitors’ verses and making fictional reasons on why the other person won. Word around the AIM is that folks are complaining about that certain 1-2 people who are week-by-week voting against them in their matches, and whether or not it is coincidental or natural, payback voting is suspect. What do we do to resolve this? I have no answer, but it’s something that needs to be raised.

PERCEPTION

The RSTL Tourneys are less motivating than the regular leagues.

REALITY

Thank Tali for the RSTL Archives. The archives keep the history of a lot of the things that have occurred in the past. With Tali’s research and updating, it gives reason to have people join the RSTL to chase certain achievements. With the tourney, the archives mention not just the winner, but also the other four finalists who’ve been also recognized as well. For me, I dig the honorable mention title equally as a runner-up. But having all the tourneys record kept for all to view is enticing and rewarding as far as receiving recognition. I still feel that some arrangement of sort should be done for winners… like prizes or something.

TeKneeK is a former moderator and the founder of the RSTL. If there are things you wish to say about this piece, drop an AIM to TEK at “James Spitboxer”.
    test
  7. TaLi RodrigueZ

V. TEK's 2005

The following are OPINIONATED thoughts/votes of 2005 and the recognitions of those who’ve competed within the league.

MVP
    (Most valuable player: The best (most impressive, whatever) RSTL member for 2005)

MY NOMINEES:
    Rikoshay
    Tali
    Dicinyaeye
    Vern-acular
    Runna Damille

MY WINNER:
    Tali

+++++

Peoples Champ
    (The person who didn't win a title but you feel could have)

MY NOMINEES:
    Erykah Caine
    6 Ft. Deep
    Malosovich
    Deadking
    Ashen Horse
    Pent Up

MY WINNER:
    Erykah Caine

+++++

Best Storyteller
    (Pretty Self-Explanatory)

MY NOMINEES:
    Rikoshay
    Tha Talent
    Tali
    Dicinyaeye
    Jersey_Emcee
    L-Dogg
    Vern-acular
    Awedishin

MY WINNER:
    Dicinyaeye

+++++

Best Topical Writer
    (Pretty Self-Explanatory)

MY NOMINEES:
    Rikoshay
    Tha Talent
    Tali
    Jook
    Richard Corey

MY WINNER:
    Tha Talent

+++++

Most Incoherent Writer
    (Whose verses just don’t make shit for sense sometimes?)

MY NOMINEES:
    TeKneeK
    Pent Up
    Noib Da Mutt
    Infinite Truth
    Anaphora

MY WINNER:
    Infinite Truth

+++++

Most Creative of the Year
    (Who blows your mind with the stuff they come up with?)

MY NOMINEES:
    Dicinyaeye
    Cereal Killer
    Jersey_Emcee
    Vizzionarial Switchblade
    Rikoshay
    L-Dogg
    Atheist

MY WINNER:
    Rikoshay

++++++

Consistent Writer of the Year
    (Who is the most consistent week in and week out?)

MY NOMINEES:
    Madpoet
    Tha Talent
    Rikoshay
    Tali
    Black Jesus

MY WINNER:
    Tha Talent

++++++

Best Flow
    (Whose writing is silky smooth from beginning to end?)

MY NOMINEES:
    Rikoshay
    Tali
    Dicinyaeye
    6 Ft. Deep
    L-Dogg
    Cereal Killer
    Jersey_Emcee
    Tali

MY WINNER:
    Dicinyaeye

+++++++

Rookie of the Year
    (Who came out of nowhere to do some damage in 05’?)

MY NOMINEES:
    Soul?uest
    Rikoshay
    Jook
    Mindscape
    Insense
    Runna Damille

MY WINNER:
    Rikoshay

+++++++

Comeback Award
    (Who came back after a hiatus to make a big impact)

MY NOMINEES:
    L-Dogg
    Tali
    Black Jesus
    Vern-acular
    6 Ft. Deep
    Claushouse

MY WINNER:
    Tali

++++++

Underrated Writer of the Year
    (Who gets totally slept on?)

MY NOMINEES:
    Spacebar
    Kaoz
    Pent Up
    Noib Da Mutt
    Pestilence
    Ashen Horse

MY WINNER:
    Spacebar

+++++++

Over-Rated Writer of the Year
    (Who gets perhaps a bit more credit than they deserve?)

MY NOMINEES:
    Ninja Kid
    Infinite Truth
    Nique

MY WINNER:
    Ninja Kid

++++++

Most Improved
    (Whose writing has progressed the most in the past year?)

MY NOMINEES:
    Noib Da Mutt
    Pent Up
    Malosovich
    Deadking

MY WINNER:
    Pent Up

++++++

Most Comedic
    (Who writes the funniest pieces?)

MY NOMINEES:
    Dicinyaeye
    Jersey_Emcee
    Vizzonarial Switchblade
    Cereal Killer

MY WINNER:
    Cereal Killer

++++++

No-Show King of the Year
    (Who never shows up for anything with their name on it?)

MY NOMINEES:
    Jersey_Emcee
    Dmetrius
    IV

MY WINNER:
    IV

++++++

Missing in Action
    (Who fell off the face of the Earth in 05’?)

MY NOMINEES:
    Jowelz
    MC4Sight
    Khoi Ngujin
    Edward Lake
    Madpoet
    Trapezoidal

MY WINNER:
    Trapezoidal

+++++++

Best Voter
    (Who consistently gives the best feedback and fairest votes?)

MY NOMINEES:
    Tali
    Dicinyaeye
    Richard Corey
    Awedishin

MY WINNER:
    Tali

+++++++

MOD of the Year

MY NOMINEES:
    Madpoet
    Patriarch
    Defcon
    Mac Flow
    Tali

MY WINNER:
    Tali

+++++++

Most Hated Mod of the Year
    (What moderator has done the least in the past year?)

MY NOMINEES:
    Mac Flow
    Dmetrius
    Defcon
    Malosovich

MY WINNER:
    Malosovich

+++++++

Most Hated

MY NOMINEES:
    TeKneeK
    Jersey_Emcee
    Malosovich
    Atheist
    L-Dogg

MY WINNER:
    Jersey_Emcee

++++++

Biggest Whiner
    (Who can’t keep their mouth shut about anything?)

MY NOMINEES:
    TeKneeK
    Pent Up
    Jersey_Emcee
    Malosovich

MY WINNER:
    Jersey_Emcee

++++++

Biggest EGO of the Year

MY NOMINEES:
    TeKneeK
    Malosovich
    Rikoshay
    Jersey_Emcee
    L-Dogg

MY WINNER:
    TeKneeK

++++++

Top 10 Writers
    (It is what it says. IN ORDER! I won't count your answer if it's not ranked!)

MY WINNERS:
    10. Runna Damille
    9. Awedishin
    8. Vern-acular
    7. Atheist
    6. Tali
    5. L-Dogg
    4. Richard Corey
    3. Rikoshay
    2. Tha Talent

1. Dicinyaeye

++++++

Biggest Surprise

MY NOMINEES:
    The Nyse Author/Omen fiasco
    Rikoshay beating Infinite Truth’s consecutive wins
    Jook beating Rikoshay and dethroning him

MY WINNER:
    The NYSE Author/Omen Fiasco

++++++

Biggest Letdown
    (What event or happening felt like a kick to the mid-section?)

MY NOMINEES:
    Fracture no-showing on what was thought of his comeback
    The NYSE/Omen Fiasco
    No Peril, Jowelz or WWII comeback

MY WINNER:
    The NYSE/Omen Fiasco

++++++

Match of the Year

MY NOMINEES:
    TeKneeK vs Vern-acular
    Jook VS Rikoshay
    Tali VS Black Jesus
    Vern-acular VS Dicinyaeye
    TeKneeK vs Tha Talent

MY WINNER:
    TeKneeK vs Vern-acular

++++++

Beef of the Year
    (Self-Explanatory)

MY NOMINEES:
    Awedishin and L-Dogg
    TeKneeK and Malosovich

MY WINNER:
    Awedishin and L-Dogg

++++++

Most impressive achievement of the Year
    (What individual achievement impressed you the most in 05’?)

MY NOMINEES:
    Awedishin winning his 4th title
    TeKneeK upsetting Vern-acular
    Rikoshay’s beating Infinite Truth’s consecutive wins
    Tali’s total title defenses and consecutive win run
    Vern-acular’s 10th title win

MY WINNER:
    Rikoshay’s beating Infinite Truth’s consecutive wins

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
    test
  8. TaLi RodrigueZ

VI. Words of Wisdom from Pestilence

Listen... language is a strict set of signs and signifiers...
    i.e. if i write a line that said 'the man was blowing through the wind' and two people read it... they can read it differently

person 1 sees a man blowing up the street like a napkin in the wind

person sees a man forcefully running through heavy wind...

but... shit I meant that there was a man snorting cocaine on a windy day...

see what I mean... you can only write what you know about ... writing about what you don't... (like me writing about being from the ghetto) Is just just plain ignorant...

Providing multiple means of sign/signifier variations only deters someone from the true meaning of your verse... and then there is no reason to even write what you think because you don't matter to the reader

Instead try writing lucid lines... like describe things to the last detail... let the reader get into your mind... that shit is way more enjoyable to read then to have to figure out senseless metaphors... cause really... they are next to impossible to decipher

test
  9. TaLi RodrigueZ

VII. Voter of the Weeks v.5

This is another difficult week for me to choose a winner for this here award. That said, there is someone who would have gotten it last time if not for Richard Corey dropping novel sized votes. That person is Annihilation. Some of you all know him as Claushouse while some of you all still spell his name (both of them) horribly wrong lol. Regardless, this dood not only drops comprehensive votes, he generally votes on way more matches than he is required to. He is a shining example of what we need more of if were are to keep this league running at least to the level it is now. (Previous Winners: TaLi, Got Life, I Dunno, Richard Corey)

test
  10. TaLi RodrigueZ

VIII. TaLi's Top 10 Verses v.5

10. Grimey Bastard - http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=949324

This was a sleeper verse of sorts. It’s one of those pieces that would have beaten a lot of other pieces posted that week but because it was up against a red hot Anaphora, it didn’t quite get the votes needed to garner it a bit more attention. It was still a pretty well told story though.

9. Annihilation - http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=951124

Well, Annhilation is becoming an every magazine fixture in this here section. As I had already mentioned before, this dood is insanely creative. The fact that he can write as well makes him very difficult to contend with.

8. Runna DaMille - http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=951130

Generally speaking, Runna’s rhymes and flow tend to carry his verses. While those were present in this piece, it was actually the story that grabbed my attention. Has a nice little twist at the end to. Gotta’ love those when pulled off well.

7. Converse - http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=947564

This was just some sick and twisted shit lol. That said, the descriptiveness and the imagery were insane. Then, to have the rhymes on top of it all? It’s almost not fair. Come back for the new year Mr. Converse.

6. DiC - http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=947565

This verse lost to RC’s second place verse lol. If it weren’t for that unfortunate set of circumstances, DiC might be champion at the moment. This is a good one to read if you like those stories that start off seeming like one thing and end up becoming another.

5. Richard Corey - http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=947565

This IS the verse that ended my reign on top. I’m not quite sure how it fell this far down. This piece was long as all hell, as was mine, but if you have some time and some patience, you should definitely check it out. It’s pretty crazy.

4. Vigil - http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=947566

This was the piece that Vigil almost beat me with. I wouldn’t have been ashamed if it had because this was a pretty creative idea. With writing of this quality, it shouldn’t be too long before Vigil finds himself in position to win a title.

3. Anaphora - http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=951129

More than anything else, I just liked the creativity of this one. Presenting a situation, going into three side stories, and pulling it all together are no easy tasks. Anaphora made it look ridiculously easy with this one.

2. Richard Corey - http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=949328

This is one of the best pieces I’ve ever read, plain and simple. I could make a case for putting this one first this week. This piece was so fluid and packed with description that it literally got me caught up in it. See this verse for a perfect example of a topical that could most likely beat just about any story.

1. Atheist - http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=951131

Well, finally I can justify sticking someone other than Richard Corey on the best verse of the weeks list. I don’t know what the say about this one. If anybody had any doubts about Mr. Atheist, I think this verse here should have put those to rest. See this verse for a lesson on how to develop a story naturally.

test
  11. TaLi RodrigueZ

IX. RSTL Flashback (More Stuff for the Archives)

Mid-2003

Tekneek defeats Solution for the title.
    Tekneek falls victim to “Convicted Biter.”
    InsaneVillain defeats “Convicted Biter” to become champion.
    InsaneVillain defends the title against Dah Lohner.
    InsaneVillain defends the title against Cigma.
    InsaneVillain defends the title against Black Jesus (no show).
    Dmetrius ties InsaneVillain to become co-champion and both sign out as champions.
    Richard Corey defeats LiquidLife for the title.
    Patriarch defeats Richard Corey for the title.
    L Dogg defeats Patriarch for the title.
    L Dogg falls victim to “Convicted Biter.”
    Tha Talent ties “Convicted Biter” to become co-champion.
    Tha Talent and Highpawthecyst fall victim to “Convicted Biter.”
    MC4SIGHT falls victim to “Convicted Biter.”
    Awedishin falls victim to “Convicted Biter.”
    Tha Talent ties “Convicted Biter” to become co-champion and both sign out.

Awedishin defeats Desenuts for the title.
    Vern Acular defeats Awedishin for the title.
    Vern Acular defends the title against Tha Talent.
    Vern Acular defends the title against Dmetrius.
    Vern Acular defends the title against Jowelz.
    Tha Talent defeats Vern Acular for the title.
    Tha Talent defends the title against Richard Corey.
    Desenuts defeats Tha Talent and Erykah Caine for the title.
    Desenuts defends the title against God Extensions.
    Desenuts defends the title against Athiest.
    Desenuts defends the title against Tha Talent (no show).

Richard Corey defeats Desenuts to win “2004 Champions Tournament.”

Vern Acular defeats Desenuts for the title.
    Vern Acular defends the title against Athiest.
    Cereal Killer ties Vern Acular and becomes co-champion.
    Vern Acular defeats Cereal Killer and Harlequin to remain champion.
    Vern Acular defends the title against Anaphora.
    Vern Acular defends the title against 5Starre and signs out as champion.

MC4SIGHT defeats “Convicted Biter” to win “2004 Summer Tournament.”

Tha Talent defeats Awedishin for the title.
    Tha Talent defends the title against Wise Punchlines.
    Tha Talent defends the title against Noib Da Mutt.
    Tha Talent defends the title against Infinite Truth.
    Richard Corey defeats Tha Talent for the title.
    Richard Corey defends the title against Jowelz.
    Richard Corey defends the title against TRAP.
    Richard Corey defends the title against Anaphora.
    Richard Corey defends the title against MC4SIGHT.
    Awedishin defeats Richard Corey for the title.
    Tha Talent ties Awedishin and becomes co-champion.
    Awedishin defeats Tha Talent and Noib Da Mutt and remain champion.
    Atheist defeats Awedishin for the title.
    Doyen defeats Atheist for the title (no show).
    Doyen falls victim to “Convicted Biter.”
    “Convicted Biter” signs out.
    Edward Lake defeats TRAP for the title.
    Noib Da Mutt defeats Edward Lake for the title.
    Noib Da Mutt defends the title against Retulen Reactus.

Tha Talent defeats Infinite Truth to win “2004 Fall Tournament” (no show).

D.I.C. defeats Noib Da Mutt for the title.
    D.I.C. defends the title against Mad Poet.
    Insense defeats D.I.C. for the title.
    Mad Poet defeats Insense for the title.
    Mad Poet defends the title against Blackgammon.
    Patriarch defeats Mad Poet for the title.

***if anybody sees anything that might be mistaken let me know***

test
  12. TaLi RodrigueZ

X. TaLi's Favorite 5 Verses of the Year (5 - Tha Talent)

Topic
    You judge me, but what would you do if you was me?
    If you saw through my eyes
    If you felt the pain that I've felt inside
    What would you do? Would you cry?
    Ah, I thought so, I do sometimes

i've seen so many people creep through the system unscathed
    unbathed - none of us are clean, purity was washed away
    in the tides of yesterday, today, tomorrow, and the hereafter
    it's gotten to the point where everytime i hear laughter a tear plasters
    itself onto my cheek.
    i can't wait to wipe away the bleak
    memories of yesterday.
    let's play pretend:
    you are an alcholic black man in the projects
    the only one of his kind not in the state pen
    a product of the mid-90s mobb deep mental
    it seems to be existential is the way you've been bred to stencil
    thoughts without a pen or pencil
    the world spins at faster tempo
    it's time to mature, get a real job, get a real life
    so you go and get a real wife, and go and get a steel knife
    and try to cut away the old grasps, but somewhere deep it lasts
    and makes you cry everytime you realize you've moved past
    no matter how much you know it's all proof that you've grown fast
    the blues have a significant effect on the broken soul
    i'm a member of a broken home, can't let my son know the hopeless drones
    of days without a mother to tuck in his covers
    because daddy's too drunk and all he does is stutter and stumble
    and mutter about the past.
    i used to smoke a pound of grass a month
    just to burn my memory out, and that's what i rolled into the papers
    all the dead capers and dead saviours and dead mothers
    and past failures
    i still see my dead brother in my dreams in the rare moment i can actually sleep
    lying next to my angelic wife and god's still laughing at me
    i never saw the need to to stay in school, played it cool, broke the limits
    they used to say i wore a street grin but a gutter grimace
    didn't thug for gimics, i wore the tims and lugged a switch just
    because i felt like i needed something to cuddle when times were rough and violence hit us
    see i've never wanted anything more in life
    than a smile and a witness
    to let the world know that for once, i finally did it
    darkness is a state of mind, i find it livid
    and i'll be searching for a sign until i'm a mindless victim
    it seems my thoughts are lost somewhere between two metal blocks that press my skull
    i'm about to end it, though
    but didn't this verse start off talking in the hypothetical?

test
  13. TaLi RodrigueZ

X. TaLi's Favorite 5 Verses of the Year (4 - Doyen)

Topics
    Vertigo & "The only tyrant I accept in this world is the still voice within."
    -Mahatma Gandhi

I can feel my expression, tainted, portrayed with a tyrants grin
    I stay focused , from beethovens new haven of violins
    The melodic collage of sound astounds the watery shrine within
    I find a friend…my inner voice, that’s when the irony begins
    I take my final glimpse,…the heavier my eye lids get
    My mind is dense, I take a deep breath then close my eyes and sit
    Im right beside the wick…and I can feel the fire lit
    It’s like im being watched by shadows that the wall inside submits
    The smell of ³³³³³ cider sends my senses through a spiral quick
    That’s when imagination acts as satin then supplies intense
    Re-occurring thoughts that over lap by 99 percent
    My will to live and learn instead im turned to homocide by sins

At this point im meditating, body still, no sudden movements
    I see the path ahead, it’s blurry, my eyes are adjusting to it
    It’s my next step, my inept approach to it must be foolish
    With my life on the line, im oblivious seeing it’s just a blue print
    No map or walkthrough, it’s all new, and im a flustered student
    To making decisions in life, “what’s right?”, see,! I want improvement
    Im stubborn to it’s difficult, but im saying there’s nothing to it
    So I let my conscience lead me in blind cause I must construe this
    Now what produces, well I think about and ponder it’s mystique
    They say to live your dreams, but what If you’ve been conquered when you sleep
    Motivation is the key, and I’ve been locked within esteem
    I feel im physically weak at times, but I can consciously succeed
    Im honestly supreme, I try to picture the good
    And leave my train of thought topped by the little engine that could
    I express myself on paper sometimes it’s written in blood
    So when I wanna give up, I see life’s worth living and should
    I just witnessed the flood, on the coast and im saddened by the rapture
    The states are now aquatic pastures from this natural disaster
    A visual water world, I sense the panic pulling faster
    And mother nature is to blame for every casket we should ask her
    Why she had to capture, the hearts and souls of humans
    I open my eyes, begin to sigh and then I start to roll the Cuban
    I walk to my window it’s so seducing, the moon gives it’s own illusion
    But the water over my roof is the ode to my own confusion
    Im alone in my home it’s soothing, but the mood it lets you know
    That if you wrestle hope you’ll soon submit, there is no rescue boat
    You propose to fate and only wait til you and death elope
    But in retrospect I’ll resurrect it’s seen through telescopes
    I take a hit, my last blunt, it’s funny cause I’ve never smoked
    I see the streets of water and then I start calling it Heavens Moat
    I let it go, I cant take it, I panic, I yell and show
    My conscience it isn’t helping, I scream til my head explodes
    My chest corrodes, from breath control, I start lacking sporadic
    The water continues to rise and now im trapped in the attic
    No more food or water, im calling this dirty mattress a casket
    Covered in plastic and maggots I take a stab with a hatchet
    At the metal bars on the window I attack it and wack it
    There’s no luck though, it’s steel I cant manage to crack it
    I get exhausted, so I stop and go back to the mattress,
    And lay flat on my back it’s helpless, I laugh and react with
    A natural action…
    I feel the the tip toe of a tear
    I hear the drips, waters coming in the window it appears
    At this point I accept death I sit low with now fear
    Moments later im in a puddle I grip hold of my years
    I spent holding a beer, wasting my life in a bar
    Thinking of everything I could do telling my wife that it’s hard
    Procrastinating, conscience telling me it’s time I should start
    A minds a terrible thing to waist, I kept mine in a jar
    I guess it’s time I should start praying, the water’s to my shirt you know
    Im gonna drown, I start laughing again, “at least I wont the first to go”
    The water’s thirsty flow finds the candle gulping it’s burning glow
    And moments later, before I drown, my mind captures it’s vertigo

I can feel my expression, tainted, portrayed with a tyrants grin
    I stay focused , from beethovens new haven of violins
    The melodic collage of sound astounds the watery shrine within
    I find a friend…my inner voice, that’s when the irony begins

test
  14. TaLi RodrigueZ

X. TaLi's Favorite 5 Verses of the Year (3 - RIKOSHAY)

Topic
    Pandora’s Idiot Box Savant

The whole world holds their breath,
    not for news on another soldier’s death,
    but for further word on the trial of the century’s divine debauchery.
    Relax, recline, have your mind washed for free.
    Justice and wisdom? Trust in the system!
    Blindly watch ‘n see…
    Backroom handshakes pass through mandates.
    Money for power moves.
    Yet celebrity gossip fills every allotted minute of twenty four hour news.
    Trust funds reward cowards who stand for nothing
    other than a judge (All rise) who glows before he passes sentence.
    Talking heads engage in vocal wars and trash defendants.
    Tonight at 9:00, Television: Trojan horse or Phantom menace?
    Thank you for making us your only source for random tenets.
    We go the course.
    Our class attendance record is spotless.
    We promote discourse and ask the questions
    you want answered with no remorse for rash consensus.
    No worries. No sweat.
    Join us next week on a rollicking journey with death.
    Whatever it takes to keep our minds off our flourishing debt.
    That is, until it’s time to elevate our security threat.
    You’re not furious yet?
    Surely you jest?
    And don’t brush me off with a courteous “Yes.”.
    We interrupt this program with a late breaking report
    Only moments ago, the jury recessed.
    What will the verdict be? It’s too early to guess
    but my gut instinct as a former attorney suggests:
    guilty on all counts!
    We go now, live, to the murkiest depths
    of a human soul where the latest consumer polls
    show indifference edging apathy by the narrowest margin.
    Coming up, we analyze these figures with perilous jargon.
    Can an extreme makeover bury these terrible charges?
    First, a word from our sponsors…
    For brand name apparel at bargain
    basement prices, come to our thirty third grand opening
    at the corner of Insecure and Hopelessly.
    Have you lost a loved one?
    Feeling down in the dirt? Can’t cope with grief?
    Ask your doctor for prescription strength, preferred brand, Dopamine!
    And, we’re back with our “Encapsulating blurb!” scant scope of things.
    Not to make light of society’s ills,
    but for just thirty nine cents a day you can finance the bill
    to feed and clothe a starving child currently residing in filth.
    That’s less than you pay to have 125 channels of anxiety filled,
    paranoia inducing, rhetoric spewing garbage quietly drilled
    into your subconscious to keep you compliantly still.
    We’ll stay silent, until our team wins the championship, then riot we will!
    Or you can “Fit in” by investing in the steady diet of pills
    we swallow to suppress the urge we feel to defiantly pillage the giant we built.
    Returning now to the accused.
    Twelve angry men dealt pain again, went right for the kill,
    now they all have to live with undeniable guilt.
    Even though the defendant lacked a bit, mentally,
    the prosecution is seeking the maximum penalty.
    Back to you Jen & Steve
    and the brainwashing, vacuous vacuum we never leave.

test
  15. TaLi RodrigueZ

X. TaLi's Favorite 5 Verses of the Year (2 - RIKOSHAY)

Topic
    You're God watching the world as it destroys it's self. Will you step in to stop it? Why? or why not.

The world is goin to shit.
    Any day now I expect it to be blown to bits.
    The onus exists upon all of us to make a change.
    But I’m shackled to the life I live, the stakes I’ve gained
    and it leaves me feeling powerless to break the chains.
    But, if I were God, even for just one God forsaken day,
    I’d…
    I’d…

If I were God for a whole day,
    I’d smoke the world’s supply of pot till the smoke made
    the polar caps dissolve, then ride on top of a slow wave
    as it washed the remainder of Sri Lanka to stone age,
    then set up a “Relief fund” to fill my pockets Hope’s change
    and riddle a baby with cancer for every dollar you donate.
    I’d sit atop snow caps turning boulders to crack and powder to cocaine.
    Pick up some hookers, set the sun to a moderate, low flame,
    and show these lightweights how we used to blast rock in the old days.
    After all, you only regret the narcotics you don’t take.
    I'd play the possum in probate, omit errs from the omnibus
    and split heirs with automatons to bring apocalypse post haste.
    I'd resurrect my most successful prophets and role play,
    with me as devil's advocate and them as my popular code names.
    Convince them Hell is the most exotic of locations.
    Have them gather all my followers, my prodigal snowflakes,
    and tell them “We’re going to Hell! It’s a tropical oasis!”.
    When they say “The Gods Must Be Crazy!”
    I’ll show them how much a, 5 mile wide, bottle of Coke weighs.
    I'd grab my crotch 'n disrobe Space, my androgynous soul mate.
    And that obstinate ho, Fate, would eat my cock on a gold plate.
    In fact, I’d give all women the bodies of super models with no face,
    so we wouldn’t have to hear them bitch about the petty problems they blow way
    out of proportion and, while I’m at it, I’ll give em bodies with no legs.
    Make it easier for them to sit on a rod and just rotate.
    I’d appear on Earth and tell every slob that their soul's saved
    just by believing in me, then demand that the populace show faith.
    Tell them “In order to ‘See the light’ suicide is not only okay,
    I’ll even make you an angel for doing it the most macabre and gross way!”
    then condemn them all to hell and laugh as their confident ‘glow’ fades.

Then again…
    I'd know that it’s all a lie and wonder why I do my job with a bold face.
    I cause overcrowding to expand exponentially to poverty’s growth rate.
    I let rappers enforce oppression while they’re robbed of their own names
    without realizing they’re being insidiously held hostage with gold chains.
    I allow men to make the governing rules and silently watch women obey,
    even if it means having their clitoris clipped like the crotch is a bouquet.
    I indisputably establish evolution as a legitimate process we both take,
    and view the irony of men being locked in a box when they “Go ape!”.
    In my name, armadas take rogue shapes
    and drop a bomb if it shows strength.
    I endorse patriotism in clear cut slogans when the promise is opaque,
    leaving veterans to become vagrants while war profits uphold banks.
    Whenever someone succeeds,
    I’m the one “Thank you” they have in common at close range
    Yet, in all the world’s ills,
    I’m the accomplice with no thanks.
    And so if I were God for the rest of his life,
    I’d connect the dots from my wrist to my elbow and end this mess with a knife.

test
  16. TaLi RodrigueZ

X. TaLi's Favorite 5 Verses of the Year (1 - Richard Corey)

Topics
    Running the Human Race & Live Till I Die

“Get on your Mark.
    Set.
    Go!

Now Run
    As hard and as far as your little body parts can go.
    There’s death on that road, it’s where the past looms
    You’re racin’ daylight now, girl
    Don’t let the stars catch you.”

It said, “Fly into the Wind Sheila, fly hard and fast.
    Escape from those cold zones and their darkest paths,
    where the Unknown holds throne and harbors past
    mistakes…trust me, you don’t want no parts of that.
    You don’t want no parts of this…life, as hard as it is.
    So run Sheila, run…this kinda darkness is quick.”

Fight or Flight? Sheila’s fear and nervousness soared
    She took heed to the command and floored her Accord.
    Her mom’s voice was unforgettable. Was it the worry it bore?
    Or was it because Sheila had never really heard it before? (14)
    It was just a mental composite of pitches and sound bytes
    honed to the exact tone of what a mom must sound like.
    See, she didn’t remember when her mom ran out. But hell, it’s nothin’…
    She was so young…still had the clamp on her belly button.
    So the voice spoke in moments when she needed the calm;
    advice from the ghost of a woman…who may not even be gone.
    The irony never escaped her; she was too swift a runner.
    Her world existed in the lit few feet past her dented bumper.
    She was a chemistry explosion: noisy, bright, but simple.
    … kinetic energy in motion… avoiding life’s potential.
    She pierced the night with her headlights as the dark returned,
    running towards some familiarity still marked as hers.
    The same picket fence, the same house…away from respirators
    and strange, dying women who hire private investigators.
    Toward a shrinking twilight she never lifted her eyes from,
    the last vestiges of what’s known in a slivered horizon.
    What can the darkness give anyway? Some intangible mystery?
    Answers that may not hold a candle to her fantasy’s memory?
    There are demons in there, dimensions of horrible tension
    Non-returnable hurt, and unquenchable, horrid resentment.
    A closet full of skeletons, all happy to just laugh at her…
    Nah, fuck that…they’re gonna have to catch her first.
    So she flew at top speeds, clocking one hundred at least;
    her mascara running, forming black lines under her cheeks.
    She’d go home, bundle up each letter, have them bound and trashed.
    Erase the answering machine, and shred down each fax.
    She’d forget she ever planned to meet her, or the clown that had
    been asked to locate Sheila for a sizeable amount of cash.
    Hello? Hi? Why?...really, how d’you ask?
    Besides, she kinda liked that imaginary voice…
    and what if she doesn’t even sound like that?
    The brake lights ran up to meet her, and jumped in her sight.
    She blinked for the second it took the impact to buckle her spine.
    Sheila hit the unforgiving glass head-first. It rolled her face,
    forcing her skull to lodge sideways in her shoulder blades.
    The shattered glass rained in tingling
    tink-tink tinkering tones
    Tiny tidbits
    told time’s tick-tock tales
    as she lay still as a stone.

There’s death on that road,but life continued to run past it.
    The sun still set, and horns still blew in the slow-moving traffic.
    Life is a marathon. Everyone runs, whether they know it or not.
    And everyone has to break…it just depends who slows to a stop.
    Cause the stars will still shine
    through the possibilities darkness holds…
    Like tiny slivers of glass,
    reflecting light from the concrete’s soul.

test
  17. TaLi RodrigueZ

XI. 2005 RSTL Awards Update

I just wanted to let you all know that I am going to close the nomination thread later on today probably. If you have any last minute additions you think I ought to add then lemme know in that thread pretty quickly. I'll have the final voting thread up in a day or two. We've got the first half of this done relatively easily. Let's make sure we follow through with the second half so we can get some legitimate results.

test
  18. TaLi RodrigueZ

XII. Conclusion

I know the league is down for a couple of weeks, but make sure you still check in because there are a number of issues we still need to discuss including a possible tournament early next year, the general format of the league and whether to keep it as it is or change it up a little. Not to mention, we still need to get the final votes on the Awards like I said before. The other thing is, I'm thinking a shorter weekly magazine would be better than a huge twice a month thing. I didn't think so at first, but I'm starting to change my mind lol.

Well, that is about it. We've managed to make it through another year somehow lol. My sincerest thanks to everybody who has participated and who still plans on participating next year. If there is anything that you all think could be better, you gotta let us know. We can't read minds, at least that I know of. Later

- TaLi

test
  19. Vigil

Vigil Im infinite consciousness

DOPE FUCKING MAG!

I Read all of it, very insightful.

Good job Tali. And I agree, a short mag every week would be easier than a big one every two or so weeks, in many ways - if all the mods contribute, that is.
    test
  20. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

Illy ass mag homie. lol at Tek sayin' I'm overrated. He's just mad cuz I made 'em look like a silly faggot in hookups...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.