Final Fantasy Question....

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Ill Tox S., Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macaligula

Macaligula Synthetic

7 > 8 > tactics > sucking dick > 9

Ozma was fucking brutal though.
    test
  2. vinyl academics

vinyl academics vinyl academics

it tells you......it's popular

6>12>9>8>7
    test
  3. Ill Tox S.

Ill Tox S. - Legendary -

I have both. Can you save PS1 games on the PS3?

I just wanted to get the PS1 for the hell of it but I think I'll just search games now.

And Jayoo, im not questioning how good 7 was, Im just not paying that much for it, not yet atleast lol.
    test
  4. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

its popular for a reason
    test
  5. jayoo

oh na i was more aiming it at dude saying he puttin 7 behind all these other FF games when 7 was EASILY top 2, not even top 3, literally top 2, id say 1 indefinitely but im sure some people dont have it there... but where this other kid has it?? craaaazy, 8 and 9 better than 7? mannnn thats unreal, 9 ill even bend and say was good, vivi was that nigga lmao but 7... cloud is the best character ever, ever.
    test
  6. vinyl academics

because it's a lot of peoples first FF..........

it's opinion either way but run through all the ps1 ff's again.....
    test
  7. vinyl academics

yes you can save ps1 on ps3, btw
    test
  8. Macaligula

Macaligula Synthetic

My reasons for liking FF7 the most are the story and the soundtrack. I think they're both the best out of the FF series. With the exception of Cait Sith, the characters are well developed and identifiable. The one real flaw with 7 is that when you get to sephiroth, he's such a fucking pushover. Coolest boss ever easily disposed of with nothing but attacks? Fuck outta here.

Some of the stuff the FF9 boss did (was the name Kuja?) was great, but I hated so much about the game. Actually, pretty much everything besides that. At times the plot was okay, but a lot of it was too cartoonish for my tastes.

8 had the only final boss worthy of being a final boss. For me, that fight is still a bit of a game of chance. My only beef with it was that the spell stystem was extremely gay.
    test
  9. jayoo

^thats because FF7 was so long and in-depth it was almost impossible to not reach the final boss with crazy strong characters. not to mention the great storyline and way the interface was definitely encouraged people to explore more, and do more things, which in turn led to even more powerful characters.

the final boss was not exactly a PUSHOVER.. but i know what you mean
    it all depends on how you played, FF7 was one that many people powergamed
    test
  10. Civilian2004

Civilian2004 New Member

12 was great on the ps2.
    test
  11. WWIII

WWIII It has begun...

Vinyl's opinion is horrible. Everyone knows FF9 sucked. I also know other FF fans who think 8 was garbage, though I liked it myself. FF7's popularity doesn't stem from it being the first Final Fantasy game a lot of people played. The game was epic, everything about it. When you first saw the Midgar Zolem (snake boss) and then you see that Sephiroth impaled one of the things, it's amazing. I remember thinking how in the hell am I gonna be able to beat this guy?

Later I wrecked it, but still the whole build up was amazing. Sephiroth and Cloud are and always will be some of the most beloved characters of all time.
    test
  12. vinyl academics

cool......differing opinions
    test
  13. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

I disagree with this.

When I first played FF7, I was beating bosses left and right by the skin of my teeth because I was only interested in advancing the story. When I got to sephiroth, I wasn't at level 99 with any characters, I didn't have any materia mastered, and I certainly didn't have all the limit breaks. On the 3rd or 4th try, I whooped him. All I had to do was figure out how to not get turned into a frog by Supernova. I had more trouble with Ultima Weapon than I did with Sephiroth, let alone Emerald and Ruby. Earlier in the game he was invincible in flashback mode, and honestly I was a little afraid to reach him because I thought that I might actually have to level up and shit. I didn't.

On the other hand, show me a person that said 8's boss was easy, and I'll show you a person that never beat her without gameshark.
    test
  14. Corn Pop

Corn Pop Langford.

yeah 8 and 9 both had tough bosses. 7 was way easy.

i don't see how you can not like ff9, though.

i'm going to play through ff7 again soon. that's the only one i haven't played through more than once.
    test
  15. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

FF13 will be released for the 360 aswell as the PS3.
    test
  16. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

I don't hate it or anything, it's just not one of my favs.

I exaggerate sometimes.
    test
  17. deadweather

deadweather ******

hmm i beg to differ
    i'd say the series hit its permanent stride part 4 and on.
    5,6,7,9,10,12 being my personal favorites
    part 1 was far too generic.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.