fight night round 4 goin to 2k??

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by veral conflict, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight_Night

dont know how legititmate this is..

but that would be fucking nice..

defending your titles on wednesday night fight and friday night fights is kind of depressing on FNR3...

and 2ksports have been putting out much more quality games than EA lately..
    test
  2. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

lol @ wikipedia.

Besides, EA is doing a good job with Fight Night, IMO.
    test
  3. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

they are doing decent..

but some of the ratings are rediculous..

they have holyfield slow as fuck.. and we all know evander is one of the fastest heavyweights on his feet... always moving around side to side, etc..

they have morales with faster hands than pacquiao, they have winky with more power than jermain taylor and taylor with more speed than winky.. lol

still i like the game, and still always play it.. i just wished EA fix the little things... and i wished they ditched espn and went with HBO or Showtime.. or put on teddy atlas and have better commentary..
    test
  4. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Some of the stats and the way speed is handled is dodgy. Every time I brought that up on here though, I was pounced upon by 'real fans' telling me boxers aren't fast. Ever. Boxers like HF and Naseem were illusions.

My point is, that I agree, stats are rather warped, as is the fatigue.
    test
  5. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

thats not true...fight night is an EA brand...thats like 2k doing madden...

what has been rumored is that 2k will create thier own boxing game to compete with fight night...

theres a lot of things that need to be fixed in fight night though....

parrying needs to be lessened...

body shots need to cause body wear....

refs need to be in the ring...

jabs need to have long term effects in a fight....

the cut system needs to be reworked....

there needs to be more management options...trainers...promoters...the career mode is weak....

training should be more in depth....should follow the life of a boxer more....

fighters should get tired faster....you shouldnt be able to throw 6-10 shots in a row.... 150 punches a round....

they should create a seperate arcade mode/simulation mode for the casual fans and hardcore fans to have thier places...right now fight night is a pretty casual boxing game...it doesnt really cater to hardcore fans...
    test
  6. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

another thing is.. you can walk through crosses like its nothing, jabs too.. parrying is rediculous... get rid of the flash ko...

and with the cuts.. the thing that pisses me off is i cant fix the bleeding at the nose or the nose bridge.. i wish there was like a towel mode or some shit sometimes to wipe off the fighters face..

and i hoped they did a trainer career mode/promoter career mode... where you get to train or promote a variety of fighters and go about their career.. and you get to fight with many different fighters that you train or promote...

arcade/simulation sounds dope too.. a game like round 2 was the perfect arcade boxing game..
    test
  7. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

no refs in the ring...no way..that would suck......the camera is the ref anyway....

Jabs are dope in the game IMO....Ali's jabs should be illegal..lol

but if boxers get tired quicker, Game gets less fun...

you have to balance simulation and gameplay, no one is gonna play a boring game regardless of how close to life it is.

besides that i agree with everything....Especially parrying, i hate that shit....

I would LOVE to see what 2k would do with a boxing game, they'd have a tough time going against fight night since it's the greatest boxing series ever made (minus punch out)
    test
  8. LiQuiD6

true boxing fans would like a game thats more realistic...i would love it...which is why you can break shit down into a simulation/arcade mode...the way that many sports games are.....

as far as fighters getting tired quicker....i think it would work better in a simulation mode....you rarely have fights go more then 4 rounds in fight night...it would be nice if you couldnt always ko the opponent so easily
    test
  9. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

I don't know, Fight night is a boxing simulation......i mean it's the most realistic boxing game ever made....

I think if they split it, more than likely he quality of both will go down.....

it's just a few quirks that you talking about.....

maybe add in some small options to up the fatique and stuff like that for people who really want to fight for 12 rounds.

i find taht if the fight goes that long, it was usually a boring slow paced fight. Especially against computer AI.
    test
  10. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

i dont know.. depends on the person playing hte game..

but sometimes i would lose rounds on purpose to get to a decision and go to the scorecards.. to hopefully get a SD or something.. and make it more interesting..

and against computer it's kind of stupid to have gatti get up after 7 knockdowns..
    test
  11. LiQuiD6

yep...i purposely let the cpu stay in a match longer....ill actually just jab and try to avoid getting hit as least as possible to make a fight last longer

basically it turns into how accurate can i be...and how inaccurate can i make the cpu....thats pretty much fight night for me
    test
  12. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

I only do that if i'm fighitng a human opponent who has like lamata or something and i got leonard....

purposefully making the fight last longer than it should just seems counterproductive to me.....you fight to win....

if i didn't suck at Fight Night now, i'd gladly whoop one of yall asses in it, but i lost all my punching skill after not playing for awhile....so i'd get worked.... : (

The worst players are them dudes who sit back and just throw haymakers.....but it's funny beating the shit out of them though.....
    test
  13. LiQuiD6

the biggest problem with fight night??

no inside fighting....it doesnt even exist....clinching is an afterthought......there should be some kind of fighting style that favors inside fighting with short clean punching.....some holding system should be in place.....and fighters should kind of automatically huddle together if they get as close as possible to each other....allowing them to fight inside....it would balance out boxers and brawlers a bit....it would also allow fast fighter to come inside...drop a quick combo and step outside and jab.....or a powerful fighter to bully or push a fighter backwards inside....

and the jab seriously needs to be more poweful and useful.....you can just walk through jabs in fight night with no consequences...the jab should offset a fighters balance if he is moving forward or throw off most of his punches....and of course the effectiveness of the jab should vary depending on the fighting style and fighter/training

right/left crosses are rediculously weak too......a guy like pacquiao whos strongest punch is his cross...punches like everyone else and has a weak cross....

body punching also needs to have longerterm effects.....theres no difference between body punches and head punches other then a fighters resistance to them....beating someone to the body the whole fight should make it harder for them to move around the ring as fast....it should be able to slow down a faster fighter....
    test
  14. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

man.. inside fighting is another HUGE thing too..

can't replicate them phone booth classics i.e. corrales/castillo...
    test
  15. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

I doubt they would want to replicate inside fighting and clinching....

i mean it really is the most boring part of boxing, not like they can go for the take down or something..lol....the ref just comes in and makes them stop.....

i don't see how they could make that fun, even for hardcore boxing fans.....

it'd be interesting to see them try though.....
    test
  16. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

The inside fighting might be decent if done right...BUT you're other points are way off dude.

The jab IS powerful and useful. Regardless of the boxer you're fighting as, if you land your jab consistantly, by the 3rd round you're opponent is jumping back when he gets hit with it. Have you seen Jones Jr's Cross on there? Knock out punch dude, thats all you have to do is throw crosses with people like him and DLH or Taylor and its lethal. And body punching DOES slow your opponent down, tremendously. Get Jeff Lacy and beat your opponents body up and see how long it takes for his blocks to get lower and his movement to get much slower.
    test
  17. LiQuiD6

damn edit button by the quote button fucked me up........

bro....i use the jab all the time...i land 80% of em.....its not as useful as it should be.....you shouldnt be able to walk through it.....a jab should stop a fighter from moving forward..or offset him to the side and take him offbalance....3rd round your opponent aint moving backwards cause of the jab.....hes moving backwards because of combined punishment....a fightnight fight rarely lasts 5 - 6 rounds......at least for me...most are done within the first 3-4 rounds....

body punching again doesnt really slow down your opponent.....cuts slow down an opponent more then body punches.....

and jones cross is not that powerful......no ones is...you can spam someone with left and right jabs.......before ko'ing them a fight will be stopped on cuts....the hooks and uppercuts still are the strongest punches for every fighter....and thats my thing....not every fighter fights like that...specifically paqcuiao.......he is one of the few fighters who relies heavily on his cross....his cross is more powerful then any of his other punches.....and its the same as everyone elses in that style..

and i know what your implying...that the punching styles make a difference.....they do to a very very very tiny extent....you take two fighters of the same power.....with different punching styles...and the effectiveness of the punches is only applied to very small variables

i played fight night 1 - 3 from the SAME DAY each one dropped....until about 3 months ago at least ONCE a day......

i know the shit in and out
    test
  18. Dark-Vybe

Dark-Vybe Active Member

id just be happy if they fixed up the career mode

sure the other shit you guys mentioned would be dope, but the career mode is so fuckin boring....
    i like what dude said bout being promoter, an havin a few differant boxers at once
    omg that could change the whole face of that game alone
    but itd suck if you had 2 fighters from your gym havin to fight eachother, hmmm
    test
  19. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

^^happens all the time (promoter wise)
    test
  20. Pistol Petee

Pistol Petee Pussy Eater

jesus titty fucking christ no...i hope not...if it aint broke dont fix it
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.