Fiber

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Steve Schade, May 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I believe the recommended intake is 20 grams on a 2,000 calorie diet, somewhere around 1 gram of fiber per 100 calories. Assuming we are all probably downing more than 2,000 calories, it's probably more around 30-35 grams we should be taking in.

Do you think you are getting enough? I don't think I am, I may order a fiber supplement.
    test
  2. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

If you dont get enough fiber your shit wont shoot out cleanly it comes out all sloppy...its true I forget what has alot of fiber but dont get thoxe metmucil shit thats only for taking a dump if you cant take a dump...cuase trust me when i took that stuff i shat in 30 minutes but then i wanted to go again right when i got to school.

you just gotta find out what foods are high in fiber and start eating them more...i know cran berry juice helps the colon.

I know prunes are super high in fiber here read this.

High Fiber Foods

Foods that rate high in fiber can also be delicious. It's just a matter of making the right choices. Here are six basic types of food that contain high amounts of dietary fiber:

1. Beans - including pinto, navy, lima, kidney, and baked beans. Beans are especially high in soluble fiber, the cholesterol-lowering type.

2. Whole Grains - Wheat bran and Oat bran can be found in a variety of cereals and breads. Check the label. It must say whole wheat or whole grain. Plain wheat bread has little fiber. Also be aware that brown bread is not always high in fiber. Sometimes bread is artificially colored to make it look more wholesome.

3. Whole Fresh Fruits - these contain pectin which is another soluble fiber. Figs, prunes, and raspberries have the highest fiber content.

4. Cooked Fruits - cooking does not destroy the fiber. Prunes and applesauce are good choices.

5. Green Leafy Vegetables - be aware that most leafy vegetables like lettuce are mostly water and contain little fiber per serving. A typical lettuce salad is a poor choice. Spinach, kale, and broccoli are suggested.

6. Root Vegetables - potatoes, turnips, and carrots are best.
    test
  3. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

test
  4. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

Whats are the benefits?
    test
  5. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

i read somewhere that fiber supplements should only be taken if you cant shit. And it should only be used for 3-5 days at most. You just gotta eat foods high in fiber.
    test
  6. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

your correct dont take them unless you cant shit and are extremly constipated.

but they do help you shit and some people get addicted to them cause they feel they are cleaning there colon but its bad for you to always take them....but you really do shit everything out.
    test
  7. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

fiber helps against hemmoroids and colon cancer i think? all I know is it helps you shit...

There is no getting around it - fiber is a crucial part of a healthy lifestyle. Study after study has shown the nutritional benefits of a high-fiber diet, while diets low in fiber have been implicated in everything from heart disease to diabetes. Fiber is necessary for effective digestion and for elimination of waste products. Fiber has been shown to have a gentle brooming effect on the inner walls of your intestines, performing what might be called "daily house cleaning." It's a rapid transit system keeping your body tuned up and free of toxins. Unfortunately, chances are you are not getting enough fiber in your diet. In fact, most people in the United States average only 10-15 grams of dietary fiber a day while it is recommended that we should be eating at least 30 grams daily. Below are some suggestions that may help your improve your diet.
    test
  8. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

It's good to keep your colon clean.

I'm probably getting around 20-25 grams a day, so a supplement would be just another 5-8 I could throw in a juice for a quick supp. And there's nothing wrong with supping with fiber, absolutely no adverse affects or anything of the sort. People who can't shit aren't the only ones who should supp with fiber.
    test
  9. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

the only side effect is having to shit during the job or at school right when you get their lol...i only used that stuff super early in the morning so i had time to shit.
    test
  10. Axel Foley

Axel Foley Hannibal+Gaddafi+AK-47

Fiber makes a good all natural appetite suppressant ,it expands in your stomach and makes you feel full,so you eat less and shit.
    test
  11. sherrylouz

sherrylouz New Member

high fiber

The fiber you eat passes directly through your small intestine into your colon and out of your body. By taking this route, high fiber foods help keep your colon healthy and promote regularity.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.