FF Week 5 Discussion.

Discussion in 'Emcee Hookups' started by Quriosity, Oct 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

week 4

Team Quriosity (3-0) at San Francisco Gentlemen (1-2)
    Team Warrior (2-1) at Team Unusual (2-1)
    Team Jarrell (1-2) at Team Life (0-3)
    Team Hernandez (1-1) at The Romulus Lynch Mob (3-0)
    BloggingTheBoys KDP (1-1) at Team Zyclon (1-1)

Byes: Noble Beastmode

not a bad week in calls. some crazy games, very close. exciting FF week. seems as though only my wife and i failed to deliver in accordance with my calls, so i went 3/5 or 60% (15/20 or 75% on the season). this week, MP gets an easy week off and saves his record while my wife looks to avenge my close loss last week against JOOK. with some key adjustments, i think she wins here. SYN doesn't look to slow against a decent warrior roster; i say he wins in a well fought bout. i think ZYC keeps it going against a week HERN roster. and both KDP and NOBLE have some adjustments to make with depleted rosters due to BYES, but i think NOBLE just might pull it out in what i'm calling the upset of the week.

week 5

San Francisco Gentlemen (2-2) at Team Unusual (2-2)
    Team Life (0-4) at Team Quriosity (3-1)
    Team Jarrell (2-2) at Team Warrior (3-1)
    Team Zyclon (2-1) at Team Hernandez (1-2)
    BloggingTheBoys KDP (1-2) at Noble Beastmode (0-3)

Byes: The Romulus Lynch Mob

as for the NFL, i picked it up a bit going 11/16 or 68.75%. here's last week's results followed by this week's predictions and i'll edit in some thoughts on each game later tonight.

away/home

week 4

ATL v. SEA
    CAR v. CHI
    BUF v. CIN
    TEN v. CLE
    DET v. DAL
    MIN v. KC
    WSH v. STL
    SF v. PHI
    NO v. JAC
    PIT v. HOU
    NYG v. ARI
    DEN v. GB
    NE v. OAK
    MIA v. SD
    NYJ v. BAL (snf)
    IND v. TB (mnf)

week 5

PHI v. BUF
    KC v. IND
    ARI v. MIN
    SEA v. NYG
    TEN v. PIT
    NO v. CAR
    CIN v. JAC
    OAK v. HOU
    TB v. SF
    SD v. DEN
    NYJ v. NE
    ATL v. GB (snf)
    CHI v. DET (mnf)

PHI v. BUF i'm calling vick in a shootout. they've had a rough start, but vick looked good last week and i have to believe they'll be more hungry than a buffalo team that has the world confused. fitz and stevie will do their thing against an unimpressive PHI defense, but i think the eagles' offense will tip the scale. 5 TDs for vick, 2 on the ground. KC v. IND what a matchup. not sure it's quite an upset given KC's recent woes, but i'm picking indy here. painter will do just enough. i think garcon has another good game. mccluster has a good game. ARI v. MIN good game here. i actually think MIN has a chance to pull the upset. peterson should have a big game, and MIN should slow down wells just enough. kolb doesnt get it done here. SEA v. NYG i don't think SEA is as good as they looked last week, but i also don't think they're as bad as we've all come to expect. rice and jackson continue to connect, but the giants are too much. cruz continues to impress. jacobs and bradshaw tear it up. lynch gets another score, but no yardage. TEN v. PIT the steelers are struggling, and with so many injuries leading into this game, its hard to believe they have a legitimate shot, and even harder to believe i just said that. i think the titans defense will outmatch PIT, and hasselbeck will continue to impress. cook scores again. redman gets a big play. NO v. CAR the makings of a great game here. i really think NO will do enough to win, but i want to believe in carolina. with the right game plan, they have the weapons. williams will have to be productive early for them to win. CIN v. JAC dalton is coming of a huge win against an undefeated bills team. jacksonville is struggling offensively. i think their defense keeps this a tight game, but dalton and green continue to connect. benson, if he plays, racks up maybe 70. nothing special. OAK v. HOU good game. with andre johnson out, who knows how houston will respond. i think DMC versus foster will be nice to watch. OAK has more weapons to spread the field, so i like their chances here. daniels gets a score. jacoby jones doesn't do his new owners any favors. houston loses. TB v. SF good game actually. SF has somehow continued to truck on. tampa bay has flashes of inspiring play. i don't think blount puts up big numbers in this one. san fran's defense will win the game here. low scoring. crabtree gets involved. gore/hunter do some damage. alex smith gets another win, 1 pick. SD v. DEN eh, the broncos are looking bad. i think decker is the best story out of denver this year. i agree with not pulling orton if they expect to win anything. they'll make the change once all hope is gone. orton puts up good numbers again here, but san diego is too much. jackson has a big day. mathews/tolbert get it done on the ground. decker scores again. NYJ v. NE potentially a good game, but after last week, i can't call it with the jets. i hope they bounce back. i hope they ground and pound. all hopes. realistically, i see the pats blowing this one out. if the jets D can continue to step up, it may be closer. ATL v. GB (snf) honestly, i'd pick the falcons to lose if i weren't a fan. this looks to be a high flying game in the air. i see white/jones/gonzalez racking up some yards, as will the receivers in green bay. falcons by one possession. CHI v. DET (mnf) good bout here. detroit looks great. good defense. resilient offense. great weapons. chicago will stay in the game early, but i see a close loss here. forte underperforms. cutler throws a pair of picks. stafford scores 4 TDs.

feel free to post your picks, thoughts, or questions.
    test
  2. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

man, i have a pretty good schedule. i could see ending the season with only 2 losses again.
    test
  3. Synthesis

Synthesis applied

Im very confident in my team at this point..
    test
  4. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

I like Syn vs. Warrior as GOTW.

Good ish Q, this is definitely quality stuff.
    test
  5. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

of course. you have three studs at RB. plus andre johnson. not sure how you're 2-2.
    test
  6. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

i was 10 in waivers. that's called slipping. torain was my first choice, and i got him.
    test
  7. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i was 9 and i chose torain, then ridley.

fuckin..
    test
  8. J o o k

That's what's up, I can see you making that happen.

I'm looking at a modest 8-4, lol hopefully it's enough to make playoffs.
    test
  9. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

great game btw. it literally came down to 1 tackle.
    test
  10. Master Peace

Master Peace coolest nigga yo mama kno

The Mob worked hard.....we need this week off
    test
  11. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

should i start ingram or ridley

and what about malcom floyd? i have a feeling all SD receivers are gonna torch the broncos, but can't be sure.

probably should just stick to my current lineup.

also, pettigrew over finley i think is a good setup against a bears D that is weak against TE's, and grew is destined for a TD soon...
    test
  12. J o o k

Absolutely @ Q!

You better start Pettigrew @ Zyc.
    test
  13. Synthesis

Synthesis applied

Well, lost to u in a wierd one...llst to ur wife first week but I had a much different team that didnt include fred jack or forte and also started mcnabb lol
    test
  14. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

ingram/ridley if you go with touches, you go with ingram here. he has the most potential to gain the most yardage and score simply off touches. however, if you go with talent, you go with ridley. both have good matchups. if i had to pick, i go ingram against the panthers. ridley hasn't won the job over BJGE and he's averaging only 4.5 carries per game. malcolm floyd is this really even an issue? at first glance, you have three better options in vincent jackson, dwayne bowe, and santonio holmes. why bother? i don't see a banged up floyd doing any better than he has been doing already regardless of matchup. bowe and jackson for sure. holmes over floyd at flex, though you'll probably get the same outcome. if jackson sits, i'd start ridley over floyd. pettigrew/finley i see nothing wrong with starting pettigrew over finley. finley is boom/bust. at least with pettigrew, you're almost certain he'll get the targets. if he scores, he's a stud. if not, he's still a start.
    test
  15. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

well, that explains it.
    test
  16. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

basically what i was thinking. i don't think jackson is gonna sit, not since he played last week, but it looks like floyd might be healthy, so he'll be my replacement in case.

as far as ingram/ridley goes, ingram is going against a shit defense, but sproles is infinitely better and ingram can't run worth a damn. dude can't make it in from the 1 yard line. ridley though is going against the 30th ranked run defense, in a game that NE is planning on killing the jets. with woodhead injured and BJGE slacking, ridley is gonna get way more goalline looks in my opinion.
    test
  17. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

could be. ridley is a risk either way. i'd also weigh your matchup. do you have room for risk? if so, take it. could pay off. like i said, there's no debate that ridley is more talented. FF wise, you start the best opportunity though. that is, unless you prefer taking risks. ingram will get the touches. sproles is beasting, but not out of the backfield. he's averaging less than 4 carries per game. BJGE, on the other hand, is not only averaging more carries than ridley, he's also getting goal-line carries and has scored in 3 of 4 games. he's still the starter. your best bet with ridley is him breaking loose. if he does well early, the scale will tip almost weekly. but that's a big IF that has only happened once this year.

that's my opinion. can't tell you who to start though. in all honesty, i'm not sold on either. play your best prediction.
    test
  18. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i'm kinda banking on NE gunning to a big lead and regardless of if BJGE gets touches, they'll bring in ridley just for shits and he'll get a complimentary TD., whereas ingram will get the touches, but sucks at running.

i'm tellin you, NE wants to bang on NY so bad it hurts. sanchez is gonna be crying by the end.

that, or NY is gonna fuckin ruin NE big time.
    test
  19. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

I don't necessarily disagree with your logic. I was faced with starting Greene or Hunter last week and rode with Hunter and it paid off, slightly. This is essentially the same situation.
    test
  20. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

looks like i may start ridley in one of my leagues. i fell short in 3 of 4 leagues last week. still undefeated in another. bad week for me, but i'm looking to bounce back. fucking byes.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.