FF Week 4 Discussion.

Discussion in 'Emcee Hookups' started by Quriosity, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Team Quriosity (3-0) at San Francisco Gentlemen (1-2)
    Team Warrior (2-1) at Team Unusual (2-1)
    Team Jarrell (1-2) at Team Life (0-3)
    Team Hernandez (1-1) at The Romulus Lynch Mob (3-0)
    BloggingTheBoys KDP (1-1) at Team Zyclon (1-1)

Byes: Noble Beastmode

i failed to edit my picks or vote on matches last week once lineups were set, but based on early predictions, i still went 3/5. that's 12/15, or 80%, on the season thus far. not bad. as for the actual league, here's last week's results.

away/home

ATL v. TB
    NE v. BUF
    SF v. CIN
    MIA v. CLE
    DEN v. TEN
    DET v. MIN
    HOU v. NO
    NYG v. PHI
    JAC v. CAR
    NYJ v. OAK
    BAL v. STL
    KC v. SD
    GB v. CHI
    ARI v. SEA
    PIT v. IND (snf)
    WSH v. DAL (mnf)

9/16, or 56.25%.

and, my picks for this week.

ATL v. SEA
    CAR v. CHI
    BUF v. CIN
    TEN v. CLE
    DET v. DAL
    MIN v. KC
    WSH v. STL
    SF v. PHI
    NO v. JAC
    PIT v. HOU
    NYG v. ARI
    DEN v. GB
    NE v. OAK
    MIA v. SD
    NYJ v. BAL (snf)
    IND v. TB (mnf)

ATL v. SEA S. Rice has a big game, but SEA ultimately loses it in the fourth quarter. Julio scores his first TD of the season. CAR v. CHI CAR finally looks impressive AND wins a game against what i'd call a struggling bears team. Newton is hungry. Williams/Stewart still disappoint. Newton scores the goal-line TD, either through the air or on the ground. BUF v. CIN Green and Dalton bounce back, but Buffalo continues to roll. Fred Jackson continues to impress. TEN v. CLE close game here, with Hardesty impressing the most from the backfield, but fails to score. Hasselbeck doesn't miss Britt as much as we'd expect, and TEN keeps on trucking, winning in a close one. DET v. DAL not expecting the shootout others are, as i don't believe DAL can hang, but i'm not expecting a blowout either. still, Stafford doesn't disappoint, and pulls it out here without worry. MIN v. KC not sure it classifies as an upset either way, KC wins in an uninteresting game. low scores all around. WSH v. STL STL continues to struggle, while WSH bounces back from a tough loss last week against a weak DAL team. grossman might throw a pick or two, but i think he wins big here with better weapons. SF v. PHI i'm still hanging on to vick, and i think this will be his bounceback week. i think SF will play gore in desperation, but he won't last a half. hunter scores, but doesn't dominate. jackson has a big game with maclin out, and vick has his first rushing TD of the season. NO v. JAC not much to say here. jacksonville is outmatched. saints win big. PIT v. HOU i called houston to win initially, but may change my predictions. they just cut slaton, while tate is suffering from an ankle injury and foster has yet to prove his worth in 2011, albeit due to a nagging hamstring injury. still, i never trust the first game back. PIT should have the upside here. great game, can't wait to see the outcome. NYG v. ARI i think ARI has a chance, but i like what i saw last week from NYG. it all depends on eli imo, but i think he has what it takes to outmatch kolb. fitz still scores. DEN v. GB GB keeps rolling, but the game is closer than most expect. DEN finally looks good, but gets handed a tough L against a superbowl caliber GB. NE v. OAK i like OAK. dare i say, i'm a fan of OAK this year. DMC is nasty, and they have some nice weapons in ford, reece, and moore. campbell isn't terrible either. in all honesty, NE should win. but they haven't been able to contain explosive offenses all year long so i'm calling OAK in another upset. MIA v. SD i really like MIA's chances to post their first win. Thomas is coming along nicely, and they've finally found a safe backup in Slaton. SD is off and on, and i just think they'll be off enough to lose in an upset here. in other news, SD is at home, so i'm not quite convinced. rivers/mathews/jackson are hard to bet against. with no money on the table, i'm still calling the upset for kicks. NYJ v. BAL (snf) big game here. i think i should change my prediction. honestly, the jets have more weapons and sanchez can make big plays on big stages. i think BAL struggles here and may drop one. IND v. TB (mnf) easy call. i haven't been THAT impressed with TB, but i think they have what it takes to outmatch Painter and a struggling IND team. Blount goes ham here.

as for matchups, i see me and jook possibly being a close one. warrior and my wife should be dope, but i think she'll pull it out. syn should win easily over an inactive life roster. MP has the best roster thus far, so i don't see any issues with a win there. and i think zyc keeps his highscoring streak going and defeats KDP. his defense will win the game for him, if necessary.
    test
  2. Synthesis

Synthesis applied

Well.. Hopefully wells plays this week, I think forte will go off against carolina. Still waiting on andre johnson to have a huge game.

I will give up almost anyone for a top qb
    test
  3. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

This is awesome Q, great work. How are your predictions concerning NFL games?
    test
  4. Master Peace

Master Peace coolest nigga yo mama kno

I had a gut feeling Buff was gon beat NE last week. Them.boys are the real thing! Now my Lions on the other hand.......AWSOME!

Good work Q..

But I see your wife takin a L and JOOK takin a W
    test
  5. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

god i hope gore sits out. that would be perfect.
    test
  6. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

damn at vernon davis going ham.
    test
  7. Orange407County

Orange407County Well-Known Member

Starting to think Jook should break down got life team and give me shaub lol..
    test
  8. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i'm gonna be the only person to lose to GL's team.

watch.
    test
  9. Synthesis

Synthesis applied

Zyc ur constant whimpering is weighing me down
    test
  10. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

complaining about FF is all i have.
    test
  11. J o o k

Q is cold lol. It's like Jim Harbaugh (sp) saying he hopes the Eagles sits Vick for his own safety :funny:
    test
  12. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i'm gonna go ahead and say i'm gonna go 11-2 over the next 13 weeks.
    test
  13. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

not quite.

i grabbed kendall hunter. so gore going down not only helps me in hurting you, but it gives me another starting RB against a very weak run D as of late. i'm surprised you didn't grab hunter off waivers. in other words, i'd hope for gore going down regardless of who i was facing.
    test
  14. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

:funny:
    test
  15. J o o k

Lol makes sense Q.
    test
  16. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

in other news, god i hope mathews sits out.
    test
  17. J o o k

Mathews is a young sophomore, I'm sure he'll muster enough strength to take the field. Just curious about his productivity.
    test
  18. Orange407County

Orange407County Well-Known Member

I think i may start some bench players and see what pops off.. idk if wells will perform, maclin wont.. bryant is iffy.. might start moore and nelson
    test
  19. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i'm starting bowe.
    test
  20. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

i think you're right. but boy i hope he reaggravates that injury. sounds harsh, but my RB2, thomas, didn't travel with the team. i'm hurting here.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.