FF Week 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Emcee Hookups' started by Quriosity, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Man, I hate that I haven't had the time to socialize, make weekly picks, and whatnot. It's been a messy few weeks and the time just isn't there. That said, thank god for my iPhone—I'm just as involved as ever. Made some good upgrades this week (I hope) in defense and got a well rounded offense with much depth. I'm killing y'all in waivers, though I'm a bit upset I missed out on Moore and Morgan. I'll still manage. Not happy about that loss—but happy ATL has proven their dominance for 2013. Even the defense has stepped it up. They just need to stop the run and closeout the game a bit better. I smell a Super Bowl cooking. On to my picks.

NYG
    ATL
    STL
    BUF
    TB
    DET
    JAC
    MIA
    SF
    NO
    WSH
    PHI
    HOU
    PIT
    BAL
    GB

Q
    MOB
    ZYC
    HERN
    DUDES
    test
  2. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

That's what's up.

Q how you feeling about ATL overall?

Where you think the season ends for them?
    test
  3. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

I think they still need to fix some things on defense, but they have the weapons and resources to make a run this year. Of course, I'm a fan, but I see a Super Bowl appearance in the making. Let me look at the schedule and we can get more specific.
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Wish Turner was still burning.
    test
  5. Orange407County

Orange407County Well-Known Member

i know u aint pick zyc dog lol
    test
  6. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Not losing dude..
    test
  7. Orange407County

then again im sure you picked urself last week huh Q? lol

ima go with:

Q - i think he edges jook, looking at the teams its close on paper.. i just cant see Qs team doing as bad as last week, tho Manning is facing houstan, im guessing u will start Dez over nelson? so he will have dez and bowe at WR, should be good. real good

Warrior - man this looks close too, i dont see reggie bush going ham on the jets tho, then again shadow has ridley against baltimore D so.. eh, i also cant see julio jones dissapearing for 2 games in a row, the mob has a better defense all around in my opinion, offensively i think Warrior has the edge. Going with Warrior

Hernandez - got her beating team diesel, btw who is team diesel? close match at QB, but offensively i think Hern has a large upper hand as u look through. defenses look close, tho deisel has some empty slots as im lookin right now, Hern got this

KDP - first time i realized u have the dopest WR core lol, damn, green, megatron and AJ? fuck u lol. tho im not big on andre, id rather have AJ, megatron and 3 RBs its def not a bad look, and having gonzalez at TE is like having yet another WR, with tht said Legion doesnt have a bad WR core either with nicks and lloyd, better RBs also. but with romo agains TB after manning just lit them up, AJ against denver who didnt look great in the secondary. i Think its closer than KDP might think lol, but im still gonna go with KDP.
    test
  8. Orange407County

just saw Nicks is out for this week, damn kdp :-/

syn in 1st place next week? bllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaatttt

EDIT: KDP doesnt have nicks, his opponent does. Cant see him losing this week
    test
  9. _KDP_

_KDP_ Active Member

I just realized the site has a twitter field; just saw on Qs profile--

Yeah, my wideouts is good on paper... AJ and the Houston passing game is slow to get started in 2012 but I'm not too worried. Gotta be in it for the long haul. Hell, my best receiver is Percy Harvin and he's been on my bench both weeks..

My tip of the week:

They just ruled Hakeem Nicks out for the Thursday night game... big loss (I have him in two leagues including my money league) for his owners and Eli owners. Big jump for Martellus Bennett and if you're in a pinch for a wideout consider Domenique Hixon... remember, the only reason we know who Victor Cruz is is because Hixon and three other Giants receivers went down early in '11. BTW, Cruz might damn well go ham tomorrow night.

PICKS

Shadow over Lynch Mob - You have to love the matchups of every one of Shadow's starters except for Ridley vs Baltimore and with no Aaron Hernandez he's still a top 20 back despite the matchup. Defense is solid, especially since he stole Morgan from me in the waivers this week.

Hernandez over Jook's 2nd Team, Diesel - Diesel has a quality defense, but I can't make rhyme or reason out of his add/drops. meanwhile Hernandez has some tough matchups for his offense... I think Diesel might surprise like he did to me when I needed McGahee to pull out the W on Monday night.

Zyc over Jarrell - Week 3 is the week when you start to realize that underperformers just might not be cutting it this year for whatever reason. Jarrell's got a lot of those candidates in his starting lineup. The matchup might come down to Jennings vs Earl Thomas and Chris Clemons... closest battle of the week.

Q over Jook - Q got two holes in his lineup, Dallas is shutting down Martin and Jackson but other than that... he's gravy in this matchup. I'm not a fan of the player or matchup for Jook's first five players. Rodgers vs SEA, pass... Peterson vs SF, pass... Trent Richardson vs anyone by Cincy, pass...

KDP over Sacrificial Lamb #3 aka Dudes - I mean... cmon y'all... we don't put stock in ESPN projections, but they have me favored by -68.5! And that's with them still giving Nicks 16 points even though he's ruled out. My defense is dominant and I'm getting my #1 running back on the field for the first time this season. With three elite WRs that have yet to break out? ::throat slashing gesture::
    test
  10. Orange407County

damn u do got harvin too.. LOL jesus how the fuck does that happen?

ey, everyone keep predicting me to lose, its working for me
    test
  11. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Nice. Like to see others' opinions.

And cot damn my team is stacked. I need to bounce back from last week quickly.
    test
  12. J o o k

Nice @ everyone dropping their views

@Syn I'm not sitting Nelson bro, I may run a 3wr set.

Again, I won't find my groove until next week where I won't lose again for a long while ending the season @ 9-3-1, going onto the championship and winning.

Cheers. (Going to give predictions in my next post)
    test
  13. J o o k

I got Syn edging out Zyc in a close ass tough match decided by less than 20 points. I think Rivers is going to have a tough time finding his rhythm throwing against Atlanta and I feel as if Syn has better match ups overall.

KDP and nasty have similar teams but KDP's receiving core are second to none. Nasty has a better QB but he's against the ravens so you never know, it's boom or bust. Overall I got KDP's edging it out by a nice margin.

Rico should beat illweez because his team is just substantially better. I would like to see weez put some time aside and make some good changes to his roster and he def needs to do it now if he's going to be a contender.

I got shad beating mp but really I think it will come down to stafford. If staff has another shitty game then mp is a contender and wouldn't be surprised if he finds the w!

Me and Q, q should win. Look at that team lol. I'll get him later in the season though.
    test
  14. Master Peace

Master Peace coolest nigga yo mama kno

Good shit brothers
    test
  15. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Diesel = Resilient, or Weez.
    test
  16. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Here we go

KDP over Legion - KDP's WR corp is intense and when you compare it to Legion's, it's stellar. Legion has Nicks (who isn't playing tonight), Brandon LLoyd will lose production with Branch resigning with the Pats. Looking at Legion's bench, the only sensible pick at WR is probably Antonio Brown. I think Mike Williams will have a tough time against Dallas' pass D. When it come to RBs, Legion has the advantage in the RB department but i think Benson will be the wild card here. If GB relies on him like last week, Legion should remain competitive. The only real weakness i see in KDP's team is RBs where consistency will be an issue later in the season. Still KDP should win this 150-110

Hernandez over Diesel - Hernandez has the advantage over Diesel in every area. I even believe Matt Ryan will put up better numbers than Brees. There isn't much more to this matchup but Diesel is weak at WR/RBs, he needs to search the waivers or do some trading because i'd be surprise if he cracks 80 points this weekend. Hernandez wins 146-74

Jarrell over Zyclon - This is the trickiest match to call. Jarrell's RBs are solid but Z's aren't far off but Z is stronger at WR. Garcon, if he plays should be solid since he is RGIII's main guy but that's about it at the WR position. I think Cam Newton will light up the Giant secondary which should boast him over Z here. I'm not a fan of Rivers so i believe Jarrell will win in a close one 120-105.

San Francisco Gentlemen over Quriosity - UP....Set... I actually think Q will lose this week. I don't really have much to go on but the Gentle's squad is underrated here. My bold predictions here are that Q's RBs will be his downfall this week. i just don't like their matchups when compared to G's. Still this should be close G over Q 165-158.

Shadow Over Mob - I know people aren't liking Ridley vs the B-more D but based on the previous weeks. B-more has given up close to 100 yards each game and atleast a rushing TD. I believe Mob's Eli will out do Stafford but i believe Stafford will rebound against a garbage tenn pass D. Hick being out will hurt Cruz's numbers but should be solid this week. Still Shadow wins 155-130
    test
  17. Orange407County

i really see moore breaking out this week.. Garcon will play
    test
  18. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

you just said i'd win then said jarrell would win.

might play bradford instead of rivers. chicago or atlanta...who's defense will be better that day...
    test
  19. Orange407County

lmao... yea i saw that

tbh zyc, i didnt see that atlanta D beeing so good against peyton. chicago traditionally would be nicer, but i think atlanta D is definitely real. The secondary looks real good
    test
  20. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

My bad...i just highlight and clicked from the ESPN page which has Z before Jarrell and forgot to swap them. :-(
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.